collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My one and only!  (Read 1535 times)

Acheron187

• Trade Count: (0)
My one and only!
« on: June 05, 2013, 08:00:01 PM »
I was never heavily into these because of the source material, but I could never stop looking at them. I have decided to get one, and only one! Along with it I will be buying the individual outfit packs, I will be buying no accessories beyond those. So whoever may know educate me on what's available, of the ones I've seen I like these ones...

-Rochelle Goyle
-Toralei Stripe(The one I'm looking at has fingerless gloves molded on, is there a version that doesn't)
-Purrsephone and Meowlody(Are they sold separately from each other?)

These are ones I've seen, if anyone can get me a more detailed list of what's available I'd be increasing thankful. I'm kind of embarrassed to be a 21 year old male getting one of these, but they are just great toys.

faunabay

Re: My one and only!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
Here's a good website that lists every version of each doll.  Good luck at staying with only one!!!   :shocked: :biggrin:

http://www.renkatoys.com/Monster_High_Collection/Personnages.html

Feyona

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »
Acheron187, I guess you still easily can find Rochelle Scaris. It's going to be hard to find basic Rochelle, may be in some Targets they have leftovers, but I doubt. My favorite is basic one.

There is no way to buy Purrsephone and Meowlody separately (except on Ebay), they go either together (right now you can find them in TRU) or in a set with Toralei which is sold in TRU. If you want a fingerless version, I guess you can find it only on Ebay (extremely expensive). It's no more sold in stores.

Acheron187

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
I've actually found the Scaris version of Rochelle at the stores in my area, I'm not a fan of the clothing but I'm gonna buy a good fashion pack or 2 to go with her. And if so I'll buy the twins together if I like them better

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 08:21:23 PM »
First off don't feel embarrassed, we have at least three other fellas that I know of (i am sure there is more) that are into these as well as ponies. There is nothing wrong with that. Now onto the dolls. It would be good to check every so often the Monster High Sales and trades forum it's up at the top of the Monster High forum people sell or trade MH  there. You can also make a wish list topic or a wanting to buy topic and list what your wanting so when people look if they have what you want or can get it you can haggle over cost. Signature Toralei (the one with gloves) can't really be found in stores anymore as far as I know. If your wanting Signature Rochelle she is pretty much becoming the same way as Tor,at least in my area. There may be some here that can still find her and help locate her. Purrsephone and Meowlody are sold together and they are a toys r us exclusive item and still can be found in stores you can also if you want  order them from toys r us online if for some reason you can't get to the store. If you have a eBay account you might want to try there as well but it can be higher in cost,very few times have I bought something off eBay and got it for a deal. I am sure there are others that can provide even more info than what I have and hopefully what info I could give was helpful. Don't ever hesitate to ask anything here there are a bunch of friendly and helpfull people on this site. I know you said these will be your only ones but be careful the force is strong with these ghouls, I swore Ghoulia was going to be my only one and now after oh 60 dolls later not including headless mistress Bloodgood I am still collecting lol they are just too cool and interesting.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:24:51 PM by Jenn77 »
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

jeapos88

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »
Last time I was there my kmart has the sig rochelle still, so if you decide she's the one you want I can gladly pick one up for you if their still available.

Acheron187

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:42 PM »
I actually really want to find the Night Out version of Rochelle, I love the clothing and the hair. Is she a hard to find?(Please tell me she's an easy find or still in stores!)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »
Ghoul's Night Out hasn't even hit stores in the US yet.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 08:48:26 PM »
good luck me and my partner just sad we would just get one now we want them all but if you are intrested in those 3 most Rochelle is the easyest and cheapest of the 3 as
1 sig toralei (the only 1 with gloves) isnt in stores anymore and really expencive
2 the werecat twins are only sold together once in 2 pack once in a 3 pack with toralei

Acheron187

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 08:49:27 PM »
Ok...I guess that means she's not available then, I'll take a look along the stores in my area and see what I find. After which I'll decide a final choice, of which I may take you up on your offer Jeapos88

jeapos88

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
Just let me know if you decide you want one. I'd be glad to help :)

Acheron187

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »
The more I look at Draculaura, the more I seem to like her. All her versions are freaking adorable, also I actually know a bit about the character. Defiantly one to add to my list.

So an updated list...

-Draculaura(All versions)
-Rochelle Goyle
-Toralei Stripe
-Purrsephone and Meowlody

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »
oooooh my partner loves draculaura (he wants every lala he sees)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 09:39:09 PM »
First of all, welcome to the MH world! :) And please do not feel embarrassed! Many of us collectors are all above the targeted audience for the dolls and there are also many guys that love MH just as much as us gals ^.^ If I were you, I would go to your local store that sells MH and look at the dolls in person. It is really different seeing them in their boxes while you hold them in your hands compared to looking at stock photos and even pictures from other collectors. I find it to be much easier to decide on them when I have them in front of me. Good luck sticking to one doll. Back in September, I was exploring MH and I decided to get one just to see if I really liked them and boy let me tell you. I fell in love with these dolls! I am so glad that I caved back then :) Don't be surprised if you end up with more than one :P They're really hard to resist!
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Shahaila

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 07:19:36 AM »
As others mentioned, the pictures do not always do them justice and another thing I have found is that that they look even better once out of the box than in it.  There have been a couple I was on the fence about getting, but got anyways because I had a gift certificate, and when I took them out of the box I just fell totally in love with them and they are now two of my most favorites.  Good luck containing the impulse to buy more once you get that first one!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal