collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Very Strange incident over email? Has anyone else been contacted?  (Read 4489 times)

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
Re: Very Strange incident over email? Has anyone else been contacted?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 03:16:54 PM »
i got contacted as well, similiar to Blondee, the communication stopped when i asked more specific (for links to feedback from other websites.)
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 06:04:27 AM »
Thank you for letting us know about this all. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:12:57 AM by avene1984 »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »
Communication is soooo important. If the communication isnt good early on, then its best not to go any further anyways in my experience  ;)   - if there is difficulty with communication at an early stage then chances are  its not going to be any easier (and probably worse) when it comes to any possible problems with the transaction such as shipping issues, postal delays, unmentioned flaws etc .
Not saying that this is the case with this particular seller but speaking in general :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 01:17:19 AM »
Communication is soooo important. If the communication isnt good early on, then its best not to go any further anyways in my experience  ;)   - if there is difficulty with communication at an early stage then chances are  its not going to be any easier (and probably worse) when it comes to any possible problems with the transaction such as shipping issues, postal delays, unmentioned flaws etc .

I second this. It sounds as if this person is just new or young and isn't sure how a sale/trade is properly done.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2013, 01:25:02 AM »
Does anyone else think it's a little odd that this thread keeps getting resurrected?  The original buyer thought it was "weird" that she was contacted through email.

Personally, I don't find that weird- especially since PMs sometimes go awry or appear read when they are new, etc.  Said newbie immediately responded and explained that she didn't realize the person hadn't wanted to be contacted via email.  They then had a perfectly great transaction. 

How on earth is the fact that a newbie was unable to answer specific questions about a trade worthy of a "trader support" post?   Has she actually done anything wrong?  Because I'm not seeing it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:26:49 AM by Galactica »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 01:47:09 AM »
Does anyone else think it's a little odd that this thread keeps getting resurrected?  The original buyer thought it was "weird" that she was contacted through email.

Personally, I don't find that weird- especially since PMs sometimes go awry or appear read when they are new, etc.  Said newbie immediately responded and explained that she didn't realize the person hadn't wanted to be contacted via email.  They then had a perfectly great transaction. 

How on earth is the fact that a newbie was unable to answer specific questions about a trade worthy of a "trader support" post?   Has she actually done anything wrong?  Because I'm not seeing it.

The purpose of some of the conversation in this is that it is instruction and offering of suggestions.  I don't see anything wrong in that at all.  There were other members coming forward saying how curious the situation was, and I have received several private PMs about similar situations with the same person.  It's not that she is in trouble or has done something wrong, and no one is chewing her out.  We are all merely discussing that.  If you don't like to read it, you don't have to, hon.  It's just trying to offer up some suggestions to make things a bit easier to understand for newer members, and comparing some similar stories from before, so that myself, and others who have gone through similar situations, know they haven't been alone.  It is both instructional and supportive. 

Also, I DO find it very weird I was contacted via email.  I prefer PMs on here, as I believe many others do.  I don't know that for a fact, but I am guessing, based on prior conversations.  What WAS wrong, was that the SELLER was evasive multiple times to multiple people about ponies and conditions.  That has been mentioned several times on here.  Most of the people who were interested took it as a sign to step away and did not pursue the trade/purchase further.  I understand it takes time to answer back, as that was my big beef with her in the first place about hustling me after only an hour of not answering her.  But, I do have a problem when someone is asked a direct question and they will not answer it, especially if it's happened with multiple people, as it has been stated here.  MyLittlePonySparkle, I am not worried about it anymore, and I'm not referring to you specifically, just in general to anyone.  It's a common courtesy to at least answer someone.  That is what I am taking from the posts here, and I don't see this as keeping on being resurrected, just a conversation continuing. 

Again, please don't be upset if others wish to continue talking about a topic.  It's just that, a conversation among friends, trying to clear the air and get stories out so we all know we aren't alone in the Arena.  I think everyone has been very kind to Sparkle and given her some great advice, and I'm very glad she had a trade with someone on here.  It's a great start!  Do I trust her personally yet? Not sure.  But, I am grateful to listed to some of the other members, both older and younger, who have had more experience with good and bad trades than me.  It helps me to learn and grow as a collector. 

I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone, and I certainly don't now.  I just don't think it's a bad thing to keep discussing something, when it is especially not bashing someone, and when it is just trying to be a general help discussion by this point.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2013, 02:12:00 AM »
There is nothing wrong with TexasGals original post, that is what TS is for to express our concerns.

I also want to note the Mods here have kept an eye on this thread from the beginning and going by the information that is here and what has been relayed to us, the thread will remain open.  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2013, 02:23:08 AM »
Well it sounds like there is probably more to this trader than what is being said- if people have had poor experiences with someone here or on ebay, they should come right out and post about it.  I do agree that not getting back to people right away and giving lots of details is not fantastic, and do agree with the suggestions that the member provide more details.  But if there is a seller that is known for intentionally obfuscating details on ebay or something, I think that people should come right out and share their experiences so that we can all avoid that trap.

Regarding the email issue, my suggestion to TexasGal may be to make your email private so that people can't contact you if you don't want them to? Isn't that an option?  Personally I think it is a good practice to exchange emails with newbie buyers/sellers.  That way when they drop off the planet or don't realize they have a new PM, you have a way of contacting.   I also don't think it is TOO uncommon for newbies to respond to PMS through their email- with a message to poor Stomper rather than to you. (I will admit I've done that before myself).  However, I can understand that an email out of the blue could be confusing if you don't know where it is coming from or in what context.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 02:48:57 AM »
Well it sounds like there is probably more to this trader than what is being said- if people have had poor experiences with someone here or on ebay, they should come right out and post about it.
Hey, it sounds like that's exactly what people are doing. ;) Sharing their questionable trading attempts/experiences

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 02:53:48 AM »
Honestly I read this post at first as being a young new pony trader who wasn't doing a great job at communication, and eventually mended her ways, and honestly felt sorry for her.

But if this person is an experienced ebay seller who has sold ponies for years, than I have considerably less sympathy. 

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
So.... a little update about this seller.... I am really not happy  :cry:

So like everyone else I got the email after email after email.... (originally good communication I thought)

I did want to buy MLP friend Hoppy from her but at that time I did not have the funds for her. So I said thank you but atm sorry I can't. All was fine. Then she suggested we could do a trade as there was a pony she wanted of mine (Sundance).

I looked at her feed back on Ebay, Etsy & Bonazza (think that is the name of the 3rd) all feedback looked positive & as Elish2 had a good transaction with her I thought ok why not . So we both okayed this I got her address & she got mine to send them too. I sent mine on the 26th of November. (I have the post office receipt to prove this). I sent her a message on Thanksgiving weekend asking her if she had sent mine yet and that I had sent her's on the 26th (I didn't realise it was thanksgiving as im from the UK :p) she sent a message back to me on the 1st saying she will send it the next day as she was celebrating the holiday (I was ok with this as I didnt realise in the first place)

So now its the 29th of dec :( and I have no Hoppy & no response from her. I sent her a couple more messages at the beginning of dec saying the same thing (I had sent hers had she managed to send mine). Then I sent her a message before christmas (about a week I think) asking if she had got my pony I sent her yet (she should of by now all the ponies I sent in December had got to their new homes by this point).... No response.... still no Hoppy.... So I messaged her again on Etsy, here & her email.... No response :( ..... she was on MLParena on the 14th I had already sent a message to her email the day before this so she had been online :( .... I see she hasn't read her message on here or been back on since I messaged on here.... but as we all know we can read messages on our email first :( .....

Ponylady has been trying to help me :) (btw ponylady sorry for the slow message on here again my cold is getting worse :(  :sick: )

But basically think its a big bummer for me  :cry: just wanted to warn you all to NOT buy from her, I have tried to give her lots of time to reply as I know its Christmas but as have seen she was on here on the 14th Dec and I sent messages before that.... They I am afraid I have to assume she is ignoring me and has stolen poor Sundance :(

Hope no one else has this problem, sorry if there are bad spelling mistakes and grammar or sentence's that don't make sense in this message btw :P I have a horrible cold  :sick:

Hope you all have had a amazing Christmas & a great New Year  ^.^
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2013, 12:36:08 PM »
I just saw this thread... I too have had dealings with this member.  She contacted me about my ebay listings (like 7 messages within minutes) and she promised to buy several and send a couple payments.  Long story short, she strung me along for several weeks with only one payment made and was largely unresponsive.  I ended up just cancelling the whole thing and chalked it up to her being new and young.  I did not want to neg her over it, but maybe I should have.  :(

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that lollipop :cry: She did ok with me, but I guess some people can be complete flakes...I hope everything works out... :hug:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »
Thanks for posting Lollipop and AJG.  :hug:

Hopefully she will come on to explain what has happened to Lollipops end of the trade. Otherwise I would probably steer clear of any transactions with her at the moment.  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 08:44:42 PM »
Thanks for posting Lollipop and AJG.  :hug:

Hopefully she will come on to explain what has happened to Lollipops end of the trade. Otherwise I would probably steer clear of any transactions with her at the moment.  :huh:

I agree with Ponylady ^ :nod:
  I'm sorry to hear that things havent gone well with her dealings with you Lollipop and AJG :(  :hug:  I hope that she comes back to sort things out

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal