collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sailor Moon Dolls Discussion Thread  (Read 1471 times)

ElusiveLily

• Trade Count: (0)
Sailor Moon Dolls Discussion Thread
« on: April 05, 2015, 10:06:27 AM »
I searched to see if there was already a thread like this but couldn't find one. I don't think SM dolls are really popular enough to warrant their own thread but…I really want a place that's just about SM.

I had Sailor Moon dolls when I was little. I had a ton of the 'pretty face' dolls, both the 11 inch and the 6 inch dolls. I'm ashamed to say I sold them all in a yard sale. That's a decision I've regretted for quite a while. I even had the 11 inch Pluto, and when I see the prices she's going for on eBAY, i just feel ill.

A few months ago, I managed to get my hands on a few of the 'pretty face' dolls. I managed to get Moon, Venus and Mars, all MIB, though I admit I started to open up the Sailor Mars doll, simply because I really wanted to hold one of these dolls in my hands again. I was disappointed to find out that this particular Mars doll, which comes with the yellow background, cannot move her arms outward, which was a huge disappointment. The dolls i had as a kid could move their arms out. So I'll probably look for another Mars doll that has the pink background. I know I shouldn't take these dolls out of the box at all, but I honestly despise keeping dolls in their boxes. I'm the type of collector who loves to touch and hold my dolls and run my fingers through their hair. Keeping them boxed just makes me sad.

In addition to finding a few 'pretty face' dolls, I also found a MIB European Sailor Mars doll. She was being sold for a really cheap price and I just thought it'd be neat to have a foreign doll. Not only that, I also bought the Italian Sailor Mars doll they released a few years ago. By this point you can probably tell Mars is my favorite senshi lol.

I only just got around to watching Sailor Moon Crystal and have been wondering if they're ever going to release any new dolls. The Pullip dolls are really pretty, but I'm just curious if they're going to release any new budget dolls. It'd be nice to see some new dolls with more articulation. But I'll probably be getting the Pullip dolls. I've never owned a Pullip and really don't see myself collecting them, but the SM dolls are an exception. I'm thinking about buying them in the order of the senshi's appearances in the anime.

As far as grails…I'd say the yellow-box Sailor Saturn is my biggest grail. If anyone owns this doll and has any pictures, I'd love to see them, just so I can gaze in awe…and then cry.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sailor Moon Dolls Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:37:30 AM »
I have a 6 inch Sailor Moon I liberated from the thrift store a long time ago! Her hair is down, but she still has her tiara though no other accessories. Her hand is shaped like she came with a wand. Her boots are molded on and her sailor suit is removable. I don't really know much about her, I think she's made by Bandai but I'm not sure. With the new Sailor Moon Crystal series going on, Groove has been releasing Sailor Moon Pullips. I'm waiting for Sailor Pluto Pullip to be released :)

http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 12:06:02 PM »
https://instagram.com/p/qaeGXdqjM1/?taken-by=shelvesofwhimsy

This is my only Sailor Moon Doll ^^ I found her in a tiny shop in my city. I've seen the huge ones for sale, but the price has been way too much for me. I really hope they make new dolls for SM crystal, but I'm worried they'll only be sold in Japan :(

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 05:50:18 PM »
Here's my small collection  of SM doll, first here's Chibi Moon, I do plan on deboxing her like I've with my other.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Next here's the rest of them I've got all, but the tall SM at different doll shows.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

ElusiveLily

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 07:07:30 PM »
https://instagram.com/p/qaeGXdqjM1/?taken-by=shelvesofwhimsy

This is my only Sailor Moon Doll ^^ I found her in a tiny shop in my city. I've seen the huge ones for sale, but the price has been way too much for me. I really hope they make new dolls for SM crystal, but I'm worried they'll only be sold in Japan :(

That's actually the same Sailor Mars doll I have that I got on ebay! I think these dolls are actually quite nice, even nicer than the Irwin 'pretty face' dolls tbh.

Yeah, they've been making so much amazing merchandise but it all seems to be sold in Japan. And Japan always makes such pretty things….

Post Merge: April 06, 2015, 07:15:15 PM

Here's my small collection  of SM doll, first here's Chibi Moon, I do plan on deboxing her like I've with my other.

Next here's the rest of them I've got all, but the tall SM at different doll shows.

I really love your Uranus and Neptune! Which version are they?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:15:15 PM by ElusiveLily »

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »
I believe they're Bandai ones.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 04:38:40 PM »
I have my original ugly Sailor Moon, 2 chakra talk girls and a really pretty Sailor Moon I obitsued because she barely moved. I'll have to share a picture! I also have a MIB red haired lady in a lab coat. Forgot her name!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 12:54:08 AM »
ember, your collection is lovely! and chambychick, that Mars is so beautiful! I believe these type of BanDai dolls are my favourite face-upwise. I own a BanDai Chibiusa (one like this - pic not mine), and I adore her. I would have snagged that Mars myself ^^ the only minus they have is the horrible articulation (and the pic of your Mars is a great example - I mean, come on, the poor girl can't even pose like her after-transformation pose shown in the top left of the box D: ). I have been looking for a good solution for rebodying my Chibiusa for awhile, but I haven't yet found one. I have recently learned about that you can buy ball joints, and have considered buying them and implementing them into my girl, but at this point I am afraid to butcher her body :S

I used to own Igel Sailor Moon dolls, but I was never really happy with their faces. well, I still own one, but she is for sale or trade. here is a pic of her in case anyone might be interested. she still has her box and all accessories, and she was basically only opened and taken back into the box, but she unfortunately still has flaws: her hair is breaking and falling out, and her head seems sticky :S

I also have an Igel Sailor Mars who is very TLC (I did work on her - she was my first hair straightening success ^^ ), and whom I'd love to offer just for shipping if I knew she will not be butchered and will have a loving home. I'll upload pics of her later.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 06:53:06 AM »
I use to have all the pretty face dolls. I sold them in a lot on eBay for a lot of money. I never dreamed they would go for what they did either. I had all the scouts minus Saturn. I also had Tuxedo Mask, Wicked Lady and Princess Serena. Now years later I'm sad I sold them. I should have keep them. 

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 07:00:13 AM »
I would love to get my hands on a nice pretty Sailor Moon doll (and Chibi moon too). :)

I'd be so happy if they released some new dolls... Pullips aren't my thing, and figu-arts aren't what I want...

That bandai chibimoon is SO adorable! That's exactly what I'd like. Just such a sweet face. Much different then the ones I owned as a kid.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 06:36:11 PM »
I had an 11" Sailor Jupiter and smaller dolls of Mercury, Moon and Mars when I was about 14. Jupiter was actually the last doll I was bought; a gift from my grandfather about a week before he passed away. I was under a lot of pressure to 'get out' of dolls because my parents feared that if people saw my collection in high school that they would think less of me / that I was not mature. Funny how I still have a few dolls, but I think I last spoke to one of my old friends several years ago. But no one can see the future and that's not anyone's fault in particular.

I do wish, however, that I had left Jupiter MIB. She was a different size than my Barbies and couldn't swap clothes with them anyway. If I'd done that, she would likely still be in my collection now (like my MOC Final Fantasy VIII Squall and Rinoa and my MOC Yugi and Kaiba figures are as I write this.)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 07:29:20 AM »
That bandai chibimoon is SO adorable! That's exactly what I'd like. Just such a sweet face. Much different then the ones I owned as a kid.
I actually have a double of that BanDai Chibiusa (Italian version - I don't know whether there's any difference in the dolls though) whom I'd like to sell or trade for dolls available in the US, though she's far from complete (she only has her sailor fuku, tiara and earrings). would you be interested in her?

ETA: found a picture of her:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:35:25 AM by Loona »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 08:02:30 AM »
I actually have a double of that BanDai Chibiusa (Italian version - I don't know whether there's any difference in the dolls though) whom I'd like to sell or trade for dolls available in the US, though she's far from complete (she only has her sailor fuku, tiara and earrings). would you be interested in her?

ETA: found a picture of her:

Pm me a price! I'm not sure if she's out of my price range or not :) I'm interested, if I can afford her

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 04:31:12 AM »
Pm me a price! I'm not sure if she's out of my price range or not :) I'm interested, if I can afford her
I'm sorry for taking this long to reply :blush: it took a little to find her and in my search for her I have realised something I forgot: she is unfortunately no longer in the state she is pictured in, and is thus no longer for sale*. sorry again :blush:

*she was a double for me, but also a gift from my sister. because of this emotional addition I have rather wanted to trade her for another doll from my wishlist than sell her, but since there wasn't much interest in her for quite awhile I decided to keep her and semi-customise her. I know she's not common to come across, and it made me think a lot before customising, but the emotional factor won in the end (I also thought of keeping her instead of my original one, but I liked the faceup of mine much more). it seems I forgot that I did actually start the process, not just planned to.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 03:44:05 PM »
I agree lol, they really don't have the best articulation lol  :biggrin: Mars wasn't super expensive, I think maybe $25 or $30 and so I decided to get her. I have her and Jupiter as figma figures as well so they can pose and look awesome. I would love a Chibi doll though, maybe someday!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal