collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 34943 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2012, 09:12:11 AM »
I know I'll be following. *Goes follow thread* XP I Soooo LOVE The way you draw. XD *Is still mesmerized over now beautifully your Harpy is done*
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »
sigh I am seriously thinking of buying a Lagoona 2.0 from ebay scalper priced... I am just afraid I won't get her and the prices will rise again...

Adoptable made by me

MelodyMistress

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2012, 02:21:41 PM »
Interestingly enough mini bratz male Velcro shirts will sorta fit armless torsos on the female CaM dolls...Ya know just in case they look cold or you just don't want nekked doll bodies laying around.. I "scalped a hakie Bratz doll I had from Dollar general and decided that the face was close enough for a zombie "face" mask...Sometimes i worry for my sanity..then I remember I don't have any! :)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
I emailed Mattell about the Dead Tired Ghoulia, just telling them about the paint rub, and asking for replacements arms/hands for her before I knew to boil them. They sent me back an email apologizing. They are sending me another DT Ghoulia! I kinda feel bad, because I only would have needed the hands.  :blush:

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »
Amenoo- I will check TRU on Friday (its Monday night here), they get doll shipments then, so I will see if they have a good Lagoona for you then if you don't mind waiting. I can also call another store near me whose shipment is on Wednesday and see if they have one that isn't wonky eyed.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »
Who the heck is this and how come no one has mentioned anything about her?

If she is some kind of international only, limited print, super, expensive, exclusive, I am going to flip my freaken lid!! D=<

If she's a fake/prank, then she is a nicely made one.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »
Melody unfortunately she was a one off made for a girl who won a contest in mexico? latin america? I can't remember. She sent in a drawing and then they made a real one for her. I'm with you though I want her so freakin bad :(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:29:47 PM by Rhini »

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2012, 09:44:47 PM »
Melody unfortunately she was a one off made for a girl who won a contest in mexico? latin america? I can't remember. She sent in a drawing and then they made a real one for her. I'm with you though I want her so freakin bad :(
I believe it was Portugal.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »
OMG Really?! a one of a kind made?? What the- *Loud inaudible scream*
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline ShaiBrooklyn

• Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
    • MonsterHighChecklist.com
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2012, 11:08:44 PM »
That's exactly who she is, the UK had a similar contest.
MonsterHighChecklist.com

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2012, 10:01:49 AM »

Shai!!When did you get here? :P This is joel_divine from the lj group.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
I called Mattel USA since they asked me to. I explained the glue problem on Rochelle, Howleen and Clawdeen but they didn't have any suggestions as to how to fix it. I told them I had used adhesive remover and such, but that they should really change their methods of hairing or their glue. I also told them how easily Howleen's arm broke and they said they couldn't replace her (not that I quite wanted a replacement, I just wanted to know that the specific Howleen/Clawdeen set seems to have a lot of issues) and they offered to send me a Rochelle and Voucher. I'm grateful for it, but at the same time I just wish it wasn't an issue in the first place. Living where I do, there aren't many places that are constantly stocking MH dolls, so most of the time I have to drive really far just to find them. They asked me if I wanted to mail them back for replacements and refunds but I explained to her how much trouble I've gone through just to find these dolls. I don't have many, but the ones I do have I really love despite their issues so I'd rather not send them back for a doll that will probably have the same issues, if not more. So.. Yeah. They're asking for the dolls back now as an option if they can't offer replacements for a full price refund in the form of a voucher. Just letting you guys know so it doesn't catch you off guard if you happen to complain about a doll with problems.
Since I opted out of returning Clawdeen and Howleen for a ~$30 voucher they're instead sending me a $15 one. I just wish they could sew the hair on instead of use glue.. Also my Venus has a tiny balding spot in her flocking even though I've never touched it. So frustrated.. I suppose that voucher will go towards a new Venus if I ever even find her in stores. :cry:
They say they appreciate feedback so they can forward it to Product Integrity.. I really do hope that's true.. But I'm a little doubtful.. :(
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:39:30 AM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Burgundy_Rose

« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2012, 01:10:35 PM »

I didn't hear about that  :cry:

In happier news I ordered Venus last week and she arrived today. She's a beautiful doll but definitely not one of my favourites. I was hoping she'd be Robecca.

Come to think of it I felt the same way when I ordered Abbey and Spectra- Spectra arrived first and although she's a lovely doll I sulked because she wasn't Abbey  :P
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:12:35 PM by Burgundy_Rose »

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
I got really bored last night, and started a project I've been thinking about doing for awhile.  I'm posting about it here, because I can't take photos, and if I start a thread about it, everyone is going wanna SEE it.  I've got a 7-8 year old phone, and a camera that I don't know how to use.  Plus I'm not a photographer.  Don't know about lighting, and flash and blah blah blah.  I've never even really used a disposable camera!

Anyway!  I've started my custom Hoodude:)  I think the one included with Scarah leaves a bit to be desired.  Mine will be sewn around a baity Gloom Beach Jackson.  I've only gotten the legs started, but it's better than nothing, right?  I meant to leave a bit of room to stuff him, but I'm not a seemtress, either :lol: and I'm not sure I'll be able to do that or not:(  We'll see.  If I can't stuff him, at least he'll have a sexy physique :lol:

The MH clothes swap inspired me to get off my butt and start doing something:)  Can't wait to start doing the details, like big thick black stitching, and sewing button eyes on him.  Maybe a silk (or satin or whatever he said his heart was made out of in his diary) heart and finding the right pins!  I'm really excited!  I'm gonna buy these Detroit Lions Pom-Poms (gray and blue) from work and use them for his hair.  Can you imagine a MH doll with Pom-pom hair?  AGH!!!  So much love:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »
Also my Venus has a tiny balding spot in her flocking even though I've never touched it. So frustrated.. I suppose that voucher will go towards a new Venus if I ever even find her in stores. :cry:
I e-mailed Mattel just last week about my defective Venus and they have sent me a replacement doll without asking me to return the one I've already got.

On a side note: I am seriously *desperate* to get a pair of Ghoulia's boots that come with the exlusive scooter set. Can someone *please* help me out? I can buy or trade.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal