collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Walking Dead S5 Discussion - Spoilers  (Read 3000 times)

Offline gemgemrosettes

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Rosette maker & G1 Addict
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead S5 Discussion - Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »
For the first time in walking dead history I actually shivered tonight. The whole cannibal thing just freaks me out. I'm hoping that storyline doesn't dominate the entire series as I may not cope. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 02:25:26 PM »
For the first time in walking dead history I actually shivered tonight. The whole cannibal thing just freaks me out. I'm hoping that storyline doesn't dominate the entire series as I may not cope. 

I dont get freaked out over anything...and seriously I am still shivering over this one. Its made me feel very ill! :( More zombies...less cannibals please.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 05:59:04 PM »

Well they are going to likely follow them up to the halfway point since the guy playing Gareth has been bumped up to a series regular.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
The zombies are looking even more disgusting! In the sewer ... OMG how could anyone go in there ...
Horror movies with cannibals creep me out too, but at the same time they are fascinating in a horrible kind of way. That Gareth guy is the most abhorrent character ever.

And I just read that episode one was censored. :( I'd really like to see the full version somewhere.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »
I finally got a chance to watch episode 2. o_o

Spoiler
First of all, WHY would anyone go walking into that murky water, the first thing id expect was something pinned down at the bottom biting ankles, not to mention the ones  they knocked over with the shelf? I think they could have still done a lot of damage lol.

I was hoping they wouldn't follow that man back to his church. Why didn't they realize how weird it was that he has survived this long. aghh! There are just so many things about this episode that I do not like lol.

Maybe Bobs leg will infect all of those cannibals? xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 03:22:03 AM »

And I just read that episode one was censored. :( I'd really like to see the full version somewhere.

Really?  maybe on the dvd.  I wish i could get Talking Dead here, though I s'pose they aren't really allowed to give too much away.

Spoiler
I'm definitely supsicious of the priest.  I think he locked out the people who came to the church for refuge, so he culd keep all the food, allowed them to be killed.  I bet he knows or at least is aware of the other groups in the area- the car that took Beth had a cross on the back, might be a semi-religious group too. 

I don't know if Bob was bitten but it would serve Gareth and the others right if he was. 

I kind of like the walkers, they're looking a lot more... well decomposed.  It's cool that they keep changing with the show and get more like skeletons.  It would be so fun to play one, get to dress up and stagger around, haha.

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:37 AM »
I kind of like the walkers, they're looking a lot more... well decomposed.  It's cool that they keep changing with the show and get more like skeletons.  It would be so fun to play one, get to dress up and stagger around, haha.

They are looking increasingly gnarly!  Also, TalkingDead brought up a great point last week.  Do zombies take bathroom breaks?   :lol:

I'm struggling right now with how the Walker infection is passed.  So people turn when they get bitten or (it's implied) if they're scratched.  But then...
Spoiler
Last week, the whole group jumps into what is essentially ripe zombie stew.  They're getting zombie juices in their eyes, on their skin, over any potential scratch on their body.  How are they not scared of being infected?!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 10:56:16 AM »
Prideth Iv wondered that myself.

Spoiler
someone said near the beginning of one of the seasons, its more of a blood born thing, where blood needs to actually mix? so the whole flooded basement alone wouldn't be  too bad, but you still see a lot of gore splatter whenever they kill one, and if it got into your eyes, i mean that's a pretty sensitive area lol. they also figured out that even if you die of reasons unrelated to zombies, you're still going to wake up as one so long as your head was not compromised.

im actually wondering if that warning on the back of the church, wasn't put there for ricks group?

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »

Spoiler
someone said near the beginning of one of the seasons, its more of a blood born thing, where blood needs to actually mix? so the whole flooded basement alone wouldn't be  too bad, but you still see a lot of gore splatter whenever they kill one, and if it got into your eyes, i mean that's a pretty sensitive area lol. they also figured out that even if you die of reasons unrelated to zombies, you're still going to wake up as one so long as your head was not compromised.

im actually wondering if that warning on the back of the church, wasn't put there for ricks group?

My husband and I discussed this a bit, we have a few theories!

Spoiler
We think that maybe the priest we met this last weekend wasn't the actual priest of the church.  (seriously, who would keep wearing the outfit this long after the apocalypse anyway?)  That perhaps the real one made the carving.  That's a weak theory, but it's possible.  OR, he holed himself up inside the church and members of the congregation/community came to the church for help and he refused to let anyone in. Maybe he essentially damned all those people to die while he sat inside and ate canned green beans.  I've only read the first compendium of comic books, so I really have no idea what to suspect here or what's coming, so I imagine my theories may be way off base. It's still fun though.   :lol:

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline Nekoi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »
Ok so I've caught up. Episode one had me amazed, episode two had me worried again...

Spoiler
So basically, we got rid of the Governor... for what purpose really, we just got a new group to hunt Rick's group?
See, now I'm worried about season 5 and here I was thinking it was going to be awesome.

The terminus freaks need to die, and soon, they are not impressive, I don't feel bad for them anymore, and they're not scary they are flat out DISGUSTING.

Really, going on and on and on about we didn't mean for this to happen wah wah wah but mmm you taste good, really? You little #¤%&/( you are sick and disgusting and I hope you die slowly ...

I nearly threw up this episode, give me some walkers any day, but no more of this. The walkers and the struggle for survival is enough to keep me hooked if executed well, but this... no.

Anger over. I'm watching Big Bang Theory now, because this will haunt me well into the night...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:46:34 PM by Nekoi »
Isn't the world a lovely place? ~ Everywhere you go, a smiling face!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »

Spoiler

My husband and I discussed this a bit, we have a few theories!

Spoiler
We think that maybe the priest we met this last weekend wasn't the actual priest of the church.  (seriously, who would keep wearing the outfit this long after the apocalypse anyway?)  That perhaps the real one made the carving.  That's a weak theory, but it's possible.  OR, he holed himself up inside the church and members of the congregation/community came to the church for help and he refused to let anyone in. Maybe he essentially damned all those people to die while he sat inside and ate canned green beans.  I've only read the first compendium of comic books, so I really have no idea what to suspect here or what's coming, so I imagine my theories may be way off base. It's still fun though.   :lol:

Ill add to that theory with my own. :P

Spoiler
First of all, I do think he was the original priest, because he was looking at a photo of himself and that woman with the glasses (why he freaked out so bad in the basement because he saw the woman again, only zombie) however, I also don't think he would have been wearing that outfit for the entire time either, I mean it looked pretty clean and pressed didnt it? Not exactly something were used to seeing, much less from a "loner."
Now heres another thing that I dont understand. What was he doing out there on the rock in his nice clothes in the first place? He even said to Rick that he had never come that far until that day. I think the other group put him out there, to draw their attention, and then lead them all back to his church, a presumed "safe" place. I'm already so sure that he works with them, because of the marks on the trees. it all seems a bit fishy to me.

I'm a little disappointed that they just got away from the governor war, only to land in a terminus war. I mean that's got to be the WORST kind of luck lol.

Does anyone else have a hard time believing the man with the cure? I mean the way he mentioned it, he overheard some "secrets" but even the CDC didn't know how to cure this thing, and I bet a lot of people, just like him, probably assumed they had the answer.

Offline Nekoi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
Love reading all your theories and comments, keep 'em coming!

(And don't mind my frustrations!)
Isn't the world a lovely place? ~ Everywhere you go, a smiling face!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2014, 11:11:11 PM »
People turning into canibals is part of surviving something like a zombie apocalypse, why should they shy away from it? This show has never shied away from things that make people uncomfortable why should they start now?

A few things to confirm:
One: Bob was, in fact, bit. It happened when the Walker grabbed and pulled him under during their food raid.

Two:Gareth's speech about not wanting to eat people was meant to show that it was something they had been forced to do in order to live. His people were backed into a corner and they were either going to die or they were going to have to be willing to do anything in order to survive. They don't enjoy eating people, at least Gareth doesn't, but he likes living more.

Three: Gabriel is not who you think he is and I can tell you all now that your theories about him are wrong, dead wrong.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2014, 11:26:11 PM »
you know what I wondered...?

Spoiler
Did Bob taste so good because he was infected / biten? Seriously I lay awake half the night thinking about that o.0 ... Will it make the people turn who eat infected meat?

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 12:33:28 AM »
you know what I wondered...?

Spoiler
Did Bob taste so good because he was infected / biten? Seriously I lay awake half the night thinking about that o.0 ... Will it make the people turn who eat infected meat?

So I was thinking...

Spoiler
wouldn't it be interesting if eating tainted meat is what turned them cannibalistic? Like the cooked meat wasn't able to turn them completely zombie but still gave them that craving for flesh?   Just a silly thought.
~Originally Soull~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal