collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nintendo is pulling previous generation Wi-Fi service May 20, 2014  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo is pulling previous generation Wi-Fi service May 20, 2014
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 05:54:24 AM »
I don't use the online play features on my Wii or 3DS but I don't like the fact that Nintendo is forcing everyone to buy a Wii U. I've noticed all the newest games are either for Wii U or 3DS. I can't get a Wii U right now so that means I can't play some of the new games that I think I would enjoy. I'm glad there's still new games for 3DS though. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 09:14:31 AM »
I don't use the online play features on my Wii or 3DS but I don't like the fact that Nintendo is forcing everyone to buy a Wii U. I've noticed all the newest games are either for Wii U or 3DS. I can't get a Wii U right now so that means I can't play some of the new games that I think I would enjoy. I'm glad there's still new games for 3DS though. 

Ponyfan
Unfortunately this will happen with consoles. They always get replaced by the newest one. The 3DS isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The Wii has been out 7 years, it's way overdue for an upgrade.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 10:31:15 AM »
I mostly stopped using our Wii once they got rid of the Everybody Votes channel. For like a year before that, I had mostly been using it to play GameCube or N64 Virtual Console games because I was bored of the Wii games.

Now we're kind of leaning towards getting a Wii U, but the thing that makes us hesitate is the cost. In our house between my brother, my son and I, we have a SNES, GameBoy Advance SP, DS Lite, DSi XL, GameCube, a 3DS, two 3DS XLs, three PSPs, Wii, PS2, two PS3s, two Vitas, and a PS4. That's 18 consoles! And they're all still played to some degree (the PSPs and the Wii get played the least) but we still buy games for all those systems. So it gets expensive. Adding another console in the mix means less money for games for our other consoles. But if I don't buy enough games for it, it will just sit and collect dust like the Wii does.

As of right now, the only game I really want is Mario Kart 8, my brother wants Bayonetta 2 (he was not too happy when he found out it would be a Wii U exclusive because he loved the first game) and my son wants the new Smash Bros. But if we do get it, we'll have to buy more than those three games to make it worth it. Maybe we'll wait and see if they price drop it again.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 04:02:16 AM »
Well that's a bummer.. Why would they do that D:

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2014, 05:57:11 AM »
So I'm guessing that means I can't buy extra add on songs for my Just Dance games?  You're costing yourself money Nintendo. :/

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2014, 08:11:28 AM »
It unfortunately saves them money as they don't have to run as many servers.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2014, 08:25:19 AM »
I hope that 3DS won't be replaced with a completely new system any time soon.

I don't think they'd risk doing that just yet. Many new games are still being released for it, and can you imagine the rage that would happen if they forced everyone to upgrade so quickly?

Even though I don't use the online feature enough to justify keeping it, I know there's others that still do. :/
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »
So I'm guessing that means I can't buy extra add on songs for my Just Dance games?  You're costing yourself money Nintendo. :/

I don't know how you buy those, but if they're through the Wii e-shop, then you will still be able to...E-shop services are not being cut.

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
Oh well if that's the case then it won't be an issue for me (I haven't played Pokemon in years and I rarely play multiplayer online games), but that it still sucks for the tons of other people who do use those features. :(

I just thought that Wifi was involved because to access the songs to buy them you have to be online and connect through wifi.

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »
Oh well if that's the case then it won't be an issue for me (I haven't played Pokemon in years and I rarely play multiplayer online games), but that it still sucks for the tons of other people who do use those features. :(

I just thought that Wifi was involved because to access the songs to buy them you have to be online and connect through wifi.

Yeah, it seems a lot of people are confused, but the e-shops for DSi and Wii are still going to work.
These too will probably be removed eventually, but I don't see them doing it anytime soon.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2014, 12:51:01 PM »
I don't ever use the playing online with others features in any games so that doesn't bother me terribly. I was mostly concerned like Iris with purchasing stuff for Just Dance and being able to use Netflix.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal