collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dog lovers?  (Read 673 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dog lovers?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 08:44:41 PM »
My two beagles, Fred and Edward, are the most spoiled dogs you could ever meet. Old Fred is about 10 so I worry about him too, especially since he's struggled with yeast infections in his ear since he was just a pup. It used to be that he would get out and explore every chance he got, but these days he's just too old and uninterested to even try to get out the door.

Edward on the other hand is a total snot. Beagles aren't stupid dogs like you may think that they are and once when we first got him he figured out how to climb on the porch swing and jump over the fence on the patio. That was scary. We searched everywhere for him for at least an hour and a half, only to come back home and find him trotting back to the house. I wouldn't be so scared for them getting out if we didn't live by the highway. I know they would come back, but because of the highway I know that there's a big chance that they wouldn't...

We had these horrible neighbors who lived behind us and they hated our dogs, so before they moved away they opened the gates and let them go! D: They better be thanking their lucky stars that nothing happened to my boys because my normally reserved self probably would have lashed right out. They could have been killed, but thankfully we found them taking their walking route trying to get home. Talk about a HUGE sigh of relief.

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 11:24:28 AM »
I have a large German Sheperd. Our back yard is a wood fence with 4in wide planks. One plank is missing and since he is much wider then 4 inches we have never really thought to replace it. Well I left him in the yard to go across the 5 lane street to the store thinking he would be fine in the yard. I get to the parking lot and I hear nails/patter of feet and there he is as happy as can be to come running after me.. He ran across five lanes with out me. I was so reliefed he didn't get hit. I would have never forgiven myself if he had!! I haven't gotten the fence fixed yet, but I never leave him outside alone now that I know he can fit through the gap. He does stick his head out it and sometimes I worry he might bite someone passing by or suddenly take off after a cat or another dog.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 12:06:38 PM »
I've "lost" my cat twice. Both times I was in total panic mode for over an hour, was running around the neighborhood, crying, and generally being a nutcase. Both times he mysteriously turned up under the coffee table in the living room. I know I checked under every piece of furniture in the house! How does he do it, the little monster? He looked so smug, too!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 01:19:26 PM »
I've "lost" my cat twice. Both times I was in total panic mode for over an hour, was running around the neighborhood, crying, and generally being a nutcase. Both times he mysteriously turned up under the coffee table in the living room. I know I checked under every piece of furniture in the house! How does he do it, the little monster? He looked so smug, too!

I swear, cats have the ability to meld with the environment or something! When all my kitties were still pretty new to me I would often make check ups to see that they are all around, and sometimes, one of them was gone and I couldn't find her for the life of me. I looked EVERYWHERE (I don't let them out, but we do live in a big-ish house) and nothing until I start calling and then they would show up. I would be relieved but puzzled. Now I know all their favourite places but it still happens that I can't find one of them, but I don't think much of it any more, I know she'll turn up.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal