collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you proud of?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Re: What are you proud of?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 07:28:58 AM »
Congratulations, everypony!  Those are some seriously amazing accomplishments one and all. :hearts:

I don't have much to submit for myself, but I am darned proud of my son, who was super brave after the whole breaking-his-teeth thing, and who just brought home his first written communication (pre-report card thingie to let you know how your child's doing in school) and it was just dandy, even in French, with which he usually struggles.  He's also garnered four weekly certificates for perfection in English dictation and multiplication. ^.^

*returns soapbox to forum*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »
Congrats to you all, its amazing what some of you lovely ponies have achieved, I feel a bit silly posting my own lol.

I am proud of what I have achieved over the past 18 months, alot of people that know me didn't think I could do what I have done. I have managed to move states and cope in a place I had never been to before, make a couple of very good friends, change career paths and currently studying a diploma in Children's Services which I have been constantly achieving high distinctions in, with one distinction that I beat myself up about. I have improved in my English skills and currently am at the top of my class for my spelling and grammar, and I have also taught cert III classes how to do different things, and passed my own knowledge on to various instructors.

Its little compared to most of these, but I have lived in a comfort zone in a city I knew well, with a few well established friends and a full time job in a career I hated (security) for a long time. I suffer from bi polar and OCD, and hate change, so its been a big few years for me.

A small achievement in the sceme of things, but I also managed to bond with a severely autistic child which his other teachers could not do, and managed to help him to interact with others a little better, I had a big soft spot for that child and know he has so much potential, I could see it and unfortunately others were unable to tap in to his world. One of the most memorable moments of my life was just standing on the veranda with this child touching the rain and talking with him about it. We were trying to help him with sensory activities which proved hard as he didn't like to get his hands dirty, but I managed to coax him into a few that others thought he simply wouldn't do.

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 07:59:52 AM »
awesome achievements to all is right

Eviecorn...I hope to learn to drive a stick someday ,congrats...

congrats on the ordering food in Chinese language

as for me I am proud of the fact that I am now a zumba instructor who is teaching zumba to people and when this past week I taught 2 songs during another instructors set and my 1st song started but didnt start at the beginning of song and I just had to figure out where I was in the song etc and it tried to make me mess up but I didnt let it,so that felt good....I was teaching two songs where I just got hired onto the sublist,but I also teach to teachers out of a school district....and that feels good(just wishing a minute ago someone could of told me the weight would of been able to come off so I wouldnt of been so obese for 13 yrs of my life; such a waste of my years I cant get back and was so depressed;just glad I finally got it off)

steampunk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »
I'm proud that I got through boot camp. Those eight weeks, to me, were worth more than gradating college. I'm also proud that I stepped out of my comfort zone, took a risk that led me to get to know and marry my soul mate  :inlove:

Offline Willows_Firefly

• Trade Count: (+24)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 01:13:34 AM »
I don't often feel I have anything to be proud of, but today I can say I was allowed out of the hospital yesterday, I went shopping on my own (I've always been too nervous before) and I managed to eat lunch in the college cafeteria. Those are quite big things for me I guess.

As someone who suffered and fought through over a decade of eating disorders, I felt some real pride (and pain) for you in reading this post. Sincerely well done and keep up the good work!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
Oh my.
I love you. XD
What generation digivice is it?? :)

Oh!  I didn't even see that you had replied!  My bad!

It's a Digivice iC 20x, based of the Data Squad/Savers digivices.  Quite fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal