collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Annual Halloween Coloring Contest is now CLOSED - thanks everypony!  (Read 3967 times)

noonetells

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Annual Halloween Coloring Contest is ON!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 10:02:03 AM »
This sounds like a lot of fun :) I want to enter, but before I do I just want to make sure there are no other rules to entering. Nothing like having to have been a member for "x" amount of days or have  "x" amount of posts, ect. I'm new to the site and just want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun on anything.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »
I'm considering entering the draw your own division, but would I be able to redraw my takara ponies, or does that count as Hasbro G1? Like even if I made Halloween OC versions?

:)

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 07:36:03 AM »
Oh this was fun last year!! I'll have to remember to print the pages as I have 0 drawing ability lol

Haha same here. I think I'm gonna color my own and enter.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »
I'm considering entering the draw your own division, but would I be able to redraw my takara ponies, or does that count as Hasbro G1? Like even if I made Halloween OC versions?

I think you're fine! Last year I entered my own halloween OC versions of Newborn twins, a sweetheart sister pony, and a playtime baby brother. (See my gallery in link for pics) :)

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »

I think you're fine! Last year I entered my own halloween OC versions of Newborn twins, a sweetheart sister pony, and a playtime baby brother. (See my gallery in link for pics) :)

Exactly, Hasbro style is absolutely fine as long as you are not using or tracing any official art (or anyone else's art, for that matter). Using real toys or official art as reference is allowed, of course! We just want to make sure that any entries you submit for Div 1 and 2 are 100% your own work.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ColoringContest

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 04:25:17 AM »
This sounds like a lot of fun :) I want to enter, but before I do I just want to make sure there are no other rules to entering. Nothing like having to have been a member for "x" amount of days or have  "x" amount of posts, ect. I'm new to the site and just want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun on anything.

The are no additional rules requiring a certain number of posts. Looking forward to your entry!

Offline ColoringContest

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 03:38:09 AM »
Hey ponies, how are you all doing? :jack:

Just a reminder, we have ONE WEEK left! --- let me see those amazing entries!

Some of our prizes have finally been added to the first post, more (+ pictures!) coming soon - sorry for the delay. It's a busy time for all of us...

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: The Annual Halloween Coloring Contest is ON! Deadline Nov 1st!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 04:04:17 AM »
I am soon done with one of mine! I hope I'll have time to do all I had planned *A* very busy over here as well :c

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 08:15:12 AM »
I put together a little something! I don't know if I'm considered active enough, but I don't really care about winning in the end. With all the holiday swaps going on and the 2016 calendar that I didn't sign up for, I want to participate in SOMETHING!  :lol:

Before I submit though, one last minute question. You want us to stay anonymous for judging, does that mean we shouldn't sign our work?

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 09:32:12 AM »
I can't believe I actually finished some halloween ponies! Things have been hectic! Now if I can get them scanned in in time!

I put together a little something! I don't know if I'm considered active enough, but I don't really care about winning in the end. With all the holiday swaps going on and the 2016 calendar that I didn't sign up for, I want to participate in SOMETHING!  :lol:

Before I submit though, one last minute question. You want us to stay anonymous for judging, does that mean we shouldn't sign our work?

I'm signing my originals, but blurring the sig digitally before I submit.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »

Well it depends - the judging is done by the mod team so if you think they won't recognise your signature, it's fine to sign it. You could do like ponyqueen and blur it before submitting. Or submit both versions and we'll use the unsigned/blurred one for judging and the signed one will be posted publicly in case you win. :) It's not the end of the world really, some of our talented artists here have such recognisable styles that it doesn't really matter if they sign the works or not... Then again, not all the mods frequent the art forum so leaving out your username should be enough. Does that answer your question? :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 10:51:40 AM »
Makes sense to me... I fear my style might be one that gets recognized on sight anyway...

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 10:57:34 AM »

Well it depends - the judging is done by the mod team so if you think they won't recognise your signature, it's fine to sign it. You could do like ponyqueen and blur it before submitting. Or submit both versions and we'll use the unsigned/blurred one for judging and the signed one will be posted publicly in case you win. :) It's not the end of the world really, some of our talented artists here have such recognisable styles that it doesn't really matter if they sign the works or not... Then again, not all the mods frequent the art forum so leaving out your username should be enough. Does that answer your question? :)

Yes. That helps, thanks Griffin and Ponyqueen.

I did sign with my username so I'll cut it out and submit the two versions like you said.  :)

Can't wait to see your entries Ponyqueen, as well as everyone else's.

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 08:39:55 AM »
Can't wait to see all the ponies!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 03:14:31 AM »
Juuuuust sent mine in, hopefully just on the deadline. if not, well, I tried. Was going to do it earlier, but have spent the past 3 days with a cat at the vet's!

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal