collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Magic Mixies!  (Read 2621 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Magic Mixies!
« on: August 24, 2022, 06:19:35 PM »
If anyone has followed me outside of here, you probably know my latest obsession.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THESE little dudes. I think they're absolutely delightful. I adore fantasy animals and these are the perfect amount of cute and fantasy to pique my interest.

I've been documenting the codes on the wiki I made. If these were truly surprises, I would not be as interested, but I'm cracking the codes. I've been focusing on the singles lately because I really want Zarla (blame their little Youtube show, I think she's hilarious).

I love the plush, too, but to a lesser degree since they're so expensive. I'm considering pre-ordering the new one to release this year since I expect it will sell out...I was expecting to see way more of the plush at the thrift store this year, too.

Does anyone else collect these? Think they're cute? Maybe you have the plush?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Magic Mixies!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 03:41:09 AM »
Aw, these are really cute! I've never heard of them before.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 08:51:16 AM »
Awww! How adorable!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 05:56:41 PM »
Aww those are adorable! I only ever knew about the plush versions, never realised they had little plastic ones too. That little sitting guy in the front row with the floppy ears... precious ;0;

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 06:23:49 PM »
They are cute!  :bateyes: I haven't heard of them before. My niece would love those! :D But I think that they are not for sale in Finnish stores.  :wonder:
:zzz:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 07:45:54 PM »
Okay I can't resist an adorable fantasy animal. XD I caved and bought a couple of these blind 'cauldrons' to see how they are, first-hand.

Let me first say, I really dig all the extra little things they put into this line! Each cauldron has a gem on the front of it and you can rub the gem to see if you're getting a common, rare, or ultra rare, which are each represented by a different stymbol. That's a nice touch! (Even if I think most kids will just open the package and look at the toy before bothering to rub the jewel lol.)

Also, I really like the amount of thought put into the different gimmicks. Most toy lines would have plain characters and maybe one special gimmick for each series that gets released (and the gimmick is usually rare or exclusive somehow). But this line not only has 40+ different characters, they each fall into five categories of gimmicks: either their eyes spin (which are called Enchanters) or they have little pop-up wings (Fliers) or they have an extra body part that pops up (Morphlings) or they are color changing in hot water (Vanishers) or they glow in the dark (Spellsters).

Each Mixie comes with a wand, and you can look at the wand to see what kind of Mixie you might get. They have a little hollow wand that will hold water for the Vanishers, a glow in the dark wand for the Spellsters, and a wand with a magnet in it for the rest of them, because the magnet triggers the eyes to spin or the pop-up action. So you have the option to rub the jewel on the cauldron and also examine the wand, to see what kind of Mixie you'll get, before you open the package to see the Mixie itself.

It's kinda funny that all this information needs a lot of pamphlets to get this all across. Each cauldron comes with THREE pamphlets. XD One has all the different characters, one explains how each of the five gimmicks work, and the last has the barcode and ad info.

So I bought two cauldrons to see how I would like collecting this line! They were about $5.99 each, I think, so that's a nice pricepoint. I rubbed the jewel on the outside of the first one and saw it was Ultra Rare! I was excited! Then I looked at the pamphlet and for some reason, all the Morphlings are Ultra Rare, and none of the other gimmicks are. ^^; So that kinda told me right away that I got a Morphling, which I wasn't as excited about because I'm not really thrilled with all their extra body parts? I think that looks a little bizarre.

I got Brinkle. When I waved the wand on her head, an extra set of arms popped up. Kinda weird.

Then I picked up my second cauldron. I rubbed the gem on the front and saw I got a Common. That's okay, at least I know it wasn't a Morphling lol! So I opened the package and saw I got Sintra. She's a little bear with butterfly wings that pop out (a Flier). Pretty cute!

Well after this extensive review, I do have to say they're VERY cute, but I'm going to pass on collecting them. With 40+ characters, and them being in blind packages, it would be hard to find the specific ones I like, and too easy to get ones I don't really like. I might buy some on ebay, so I don't have to worry about the blind package part!

One last thing, the company that makes these is Moose Toys. I LOVE Moose Toys. About seven or eight years ago they made a line of troll-like toys called Zelfs that I was super madly in love with. They were super cute and super detailed. Unfortunately they cancelled them after a couple years. They announced the cancellation shortly before the Trolls movie with Anna Kendrick came out, not sure if there was a connection with that or not but either way, I was really bummed that they ended the toy line. I still own all the Zelfs they made. :3
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 07:31:25 AM »
Thanks for the detailed review! :) I think I'll be passing on these guys (they're cute but I don't like them enough to play the blind bag game - maybe if I found one for cheap on eBay), but it's great to know more about them.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 12:13:21 PM »
One last thing, the company that makes these is Moose Toys. I LOVE Moose Toys. About seven or eight years ago they made a line of troll-like toys called Zelfs that I was super madly in love with. They were super cute and super detailed. Unfortunately they cancelled them after a couple years. They announced the cancellation shortly before the Trolls movie with Anna Kendrick came out, not sure if there was a connection with that or not but either way, I was really bummed that they ended the toy line. I still own all the Zelfs they made. :3

Ugh, I so loved Zelfs. They got stupid expensive really fast, online anyway. I only have one, the cow (I forget her name). I always wanted the Egyptian cat.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 08:04:18 AM »
I miss Zelfs sooooo much. :( Those Dreamworks Trolls just aren't the same.

Offline SinisteaParty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 06:18:56 AM »
I love these little figures I was so excited when I saw them for the first time! I only have one of the plush I got via thrifting honestly I’m surprised more haven’t shown up for me but I can’t justify the $60 price point to buy one new

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 04:35:50 PM »
Hope no one minds if I bump this up...

Finally found these over here :D Luckily they have CODES!!
https://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2022/08/magic-mixies-mixlings-cheat-codes-part-2.html

So I was able to get the two I wanted! I got Hixie and Hart, they're the two kitty-ish ones in the middle of the third row in the pic in OP. (Run-on sentence, eek!) Not sure if I'll get any others... But these two are SO cute! I'm so happy there's a way to pick the one you want too. :frolic:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 10:22:37 PM »
I saw a video of a lady with one of the big cauldrons. The plush she got was super cute, but they're going for like $65 and most of the stuff is throwaway "ingredients" and a plastic bowl that becomes useless when you get the plush. So... it's $65 for a small plush you can sort of interact with with a wand. I think I'd rather have a Furby :P

They ARE very cute though.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2022, 07:22:41 AM »
...those codes make sense. I'll have to compare to my sets and see if the pattern fits.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 01:53:09 PM »
I saw a video of a lady with one of the big cauldrons. The plush she got was super cute, but they're going for like $65 and most of the stuff is throwaway "ingredients" and a plastic bowl that becomes useless when you get the plush. So... it's $65 for a small plush you can sort of interact with with a wand. I think I'd rather have a Furby :P

They ARE very cute though.

Oh yeah, "interactive" toys are really big this year. (Like, toys you have to do stuff via packaging to get to the actual toy.) The Magic Mixies are the biggest and flashiest example.

My store where I work sells it for $99! :O I wouldn't pay $65, but I think it's a cute idea. (I have seen the ingredients sold separately as a "refill" so you can use the cauldron again. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2023, 01:13:29 PM »
They are finally selling them in my country! I got three, a color-changing one, another with changing eyes and a last one with glow-in-the-dark markings  :lol: I love them! I'd like to try sprucing them up one of these days with extra customization. I'll be on the lookout for a "mutant" one!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal