collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rarity's Carousel Boutique  (Read 9119 times)

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
Re: Rarity's Carousel Boutique
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 06:32:48 AM »
I haven't seen one in any Target, Toys 'R Us, or Wal-Mart stores that I've been in since about January or so. I hope you are still able to find one!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 06:37:40 AM »
I have Sweetie Swirl, she's gorgeous! I do want the set too but if/when it appears in the UK I'm not expecting any bonus ponies with it. Or the carriage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 06:57:43 AM »
You might want to check your local Target, I haven't seen it for sale this month but even a few weeks ago I was seeing it at my local Target ALL the time when I went pony hunting.

I don't really like Sweetie Swirl's design, too much pink for me. Thankfully, I'm not tempted to buy the set. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 07:04:26 AM »
I bought it just for Sweetie Swirl. And if I hadn't caught it on sale I wouldn't have it at all. I do however like it and think that it is a great display for the ponies and the animal friends.

I hope that you can find it. I've never seen it for sale in my area but I did see it a Target not to long ago. Oh and TRU as well.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 07:20:28 AM »
Hey, thanks for the replies everyone!

So for now I'm charting stores I can reach out to that do or most likely would carry MLP toys and try to search all over to find the set. Like a "Around the County in 80 Hours" (Not really around the county, but I'll try searching far and wide as I can.)

If no luck by the end of the week, maybe I'll start a Wanted thread.

@Snapdragon: I think the one with the different colored carriage is an International Exclusive. I'd love to get that carriage though. Everything's all Tarty/Tangy color themed. lol

@RAMChYLD: I checked the Hasbro store and they didn't have it there TT,TT; I usually try to avoid shopping online, once I can't find what I'm looking for in store, I'll go online as a last resort.

lol I'll be honest, my first reason to wanting the set was Sweetie Swirl, but now I wouldn't mind having the Carousel too.  :P
Hmmm, the one they sold here didn't have the carriage either. Then again, we get the US packaging versions of the toys, so usually it means no bonus ponies.

Noted about how other stores don't carry the Carousel. Hmmm...

Aside of Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, do you have other shops in the US known to carry MLP when it comes to surplus stuff? The contacts I import from also mentioned K-Mart and Walgreens? Any chances of checking those out?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:22:37 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 08:09:58 AM »
I got the Carousel set simply because I REALLY want the G1 Shop Display Carousel but my chances of ever owning that are next to zero. So this one will have to do for now. And I have to admit, it's fun! I loaded it up with ponies and pull the lever to spin it around :)
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 08:17:58 AM »
I have never seen one
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 08:28:55 AM »
I also got it for Christmas, and it's one of my favourite sets! Although I have yet to see one in the UK, honestly.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
They're everywhere here! But, they're so expensive. I plan on splurging on one within the next month or so, though. I really want it! It's such a beautiful set and Sweetie Swirl is so gorgy.

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:43 AM »
Know that feeling! At first I just wanted the ponies, but as my g4 herd grew I wanted playsets to display them in.

I got it when it first came out here at toys r us. I love the carousel, it's really great for displaying ponies. :)vIf you can get the barn too, it's really nice as well. It looks really good with fluttershy's nursery next to it.

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »
I bought it when TRU had the "BOGO free" sale in December 2011.  I got it and the TRU "blind bag kiosk" set for $30 and I used my birthday gift cards.  I love it and hate it. lol

I love the way it looks, I love how many ponies I can display on it, I love the music, and watching it spin is so super awesome.  Also, it was a total hit with the 8 year old girl with ASD I work with.

BUT you have to be SUPER careful not to put too many ponies or pets on the top and bottom together or it gets stuck.  Also, if any of the pets or ponies themselves catch on anything around the carosel while it's spinning (like the rail up top) it gets stuck. 

Pics

(I did not know there was a bonus set.  Figures.  Ah well, I have all those bonus pets and 3 carriages already, do i really need another...in different colors......mmm....yea.....I do....lol)

They still around have it here for $30, and the AJ barn set for around $15.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

ZettaMomo

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 03:08:04 PM »
I was lucky enough to find it at a second hand store with everything in it for super cheap. Unfortunately I have never seen it anywhere else. I feel like I am another one of those people who picked it up mostly for Sweetie Swirl. :P

The only thing I don't like is you have to be careful not to put too much weight on the spinning parts or it won't work. I got pretty upset at first because I thought I had broken it.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »
I still see these once in awhile at Target, and my Toys R Us has had them for awhile. None have been selling... I think because of the price.

I got mine for christmas because my mom wanted to spend $50 on me, and $50 on my husband. So... I was like, OH BUY ME THIS SET! XD  Otherwise I wouldn't have it.

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »
When I first started collecting, I decided I wasn't going to get the set just for Sweetie Swirl, it was just way too much. There is no way I was paying over $30 for it just for that one pony.

I looked for her by herself for awhile but could never find her, so when I saw the carousel on sale at Sears.ca a few weeks ago I decided to go ahead and get it. I wasn't going to keep the carousel either (I was going to give it to my foster sister), but when it came and I took it out of the box it was so cute I couldn't part with it  >_<

And I stopped seeing it in the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor area just after Christmas. All of the stores that had it put it on clearance around that time and just stopped selling them.

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »
I have the boutique but I pretty much only bought it for Sweetie Swirl.  :rolleyes:

I used it for display for a while but eventually it took up too much room, so in the closet it went..  ^^;

-Em

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal