collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok. So I'm prob gonna age myself 10 years for asking this...  (Read 4615 times)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
Re: Ok. So I'm prob gonna age myself 10 years for asking this...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 07:40:46 AM »
I think it is cooL!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »
tehrin you shut up, you are so amazing!! XD Man I WISH I could make my costumes look that good and it only took me 3 days!!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »
And I mean no disrespect to anyone on here who does this...but inquiring minds want to know. It's just if I was in my room dressed up as Sora or Amidala, and someone walked in, they'd be checkin' for where I'm hiding my meds...just sayin'....

Not really feelin' the insinuation that people who cosplay should be on medication...and I don't even do it myself. :/ Wikipedia has a huge article dedicated to cosplay and what it's all about.

I don't think that's what Queen Eclipsia was saying at all, just that for her personality and people who know her - it's not something that would "fit" at first glance.  I'm sure she meant no disrespect.

Thanks, cloud_weaver- you are 100% right in your response to PinkRosedust. :)

And- WOW! Thanks SO much to all who responded! All your responses were great!
Not only do I "get it" now- but I can really appreciate the time, effort and TALENT that goes into making these costumes! Some of those are FANTASTIC!

A lot of you have mentioned how these costumes are made for conventions, etc. But is there a cosplay convention in general? I mean, some of the costumes are so amazing, I'd love to see an actual cosplay convention showcasing only these costumes. I'm a HUGE Kingdom Hearts fan (but not the DS versions cause I like them on my big tv screen and I like the story line. Ok, maybe not a HUGE fan cause I would've prob played the DS versions if I was?) and would love to see me some Sora and Kairi!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »
Everyone's pretty much hit the nail on the head with cosplay. It's often worn to conventions however i know that myself and some of my cosplay friends tend to cosplay when we go to certaine events, or if we're just meeting up and want to be awesome lol ^_~ The thing with cosplay is that they can go from being very simple to crazy elaborate and expensive (i do not want to know how much some of my costumes have cost me in the past)
But here are soem of mine :) I'll keep it ontopic and post my pony ones rather than some of my more elaborate anime and video game ones :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
tehrin you shut up, you are so amazing!! XD Man I WISH I could make my costumes look that good and it only took me 3 days!!

It looks good on the outside, terrible and sloppy on the inside. Which is why I don't compete much anymore. LOL (except that Rinoa costume... first costume up there, was actually well made throughout, but I made it in advance haha!)

I do have a fluttershy costume, but I'm not very proud of it! XD I'll remake her entirely someday. I am planning on cosplaying Gusty this summer! :D

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 05:16:37 PM »

I do have a fluttershy costume, but I'm not very proud of it! XD I'll remake her entirely someday. I am planning on cosplaying Gusty this summer! :D

CAN WE SEE???? Please???

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 07:47:47 PM »

I'm the 2nd from the right (next to the spike in the wig and brown pants.

and me setting up my pony panel! :D

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm the 2nd from the right (next to the spike in the wig and brown pants.

and me setting up my pony panel! :D

Those are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
That's such a cute cosplay tehrin :D I'm thinking about doing a fluttershy cosplay later this year ^_^

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 05:33:40 PM »
I've done a good amount of anime and video game cosplay (my most recent was the Vault Hero from Fallout 3), and even won a couple prizes for my efforts (that involved a costume with homemade fiberglass armor).

Yep, it's basically just dressing up as a fictional character for fun, usually at a convention. Some people really put a lot of devotion and love into making costumes; I consider it an art. At the same time I have a lot of respect for anyone who cosplays outside of their gender, race, body size or anything: Aka the infamous Manfaye and Sailor Bubba. I love any cosplayer who pushes the envelope.

I can't stand those who rip on cosplayers for cheap, tossed together costumes or for dressing as a character who doesn't match their natural appearance. After all, it's all about having fun!

I've seen lots of FiM cosplay, and I think my favorite so far has been "Steven Magnet" in a humanized style. I do have thoughts of doing a Twilight Sparkle cosplay sometime soon...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal