collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2012 Valentine's Swap *all shipped - awaiting more brags!*  (Read 31885 times)

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Valentine's Swap *please check in!*
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »
I am so upset. I was staying with my mother for the past month and just arrived home. I had all of my stuff shipped to me, and I just picked up the boxes tonight. The brand new boxes I used were completely destroyed and everything I bought so far for my partner is MISSING.

I want to cry.  :sad:

Not to mention I found random things in my box that don't even belong to me. I just want MY stuff back.
 :cloud:

Now I have nothing for my partner except one pony that I just bought (which I'm hoping will arrive in the post in once piece).

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:59:39 PM by stopxmotion »
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

lishe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »
No! That sounds horrible. I hope you can work out what happened. Was someone stealing your mail? :(

Offline stopxmotion

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 05:12:28 PM »
No. I don't know what the post does on this route but my boxes were torn apart and the stuff inside was not even contained anymore. A box that my mom sent me once before arrived the same way. I am making sure that anything shipped to me is in a bullet proof box from now on.
It was bad enough that it took me 2 hours to even pick up my stuff cause the ladies at the post office were rude. Now this!  :cry:

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »
I have 2 ponies bought. Looking for about two more to get me to my $ level. I have loads of sweet extras, just need candy and gonna make some handmade items. :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:38:10 PM by ThriftyPony »

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »
** runs in**
I'm here I'm here! I have all the ponies I need now it's just extra shopping time

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 02:49:01 AM »
stopxmotion that really sucks!!I hope you can get your things back, I mean what's up with your p.o.?

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:07 AM »
Wow, you guys are doing great! I have a couple items and am waiting on one pony. Picking up some candy and goodies while I'm out today!

stopxmotion - let me know if you need help in shopping to replace any ponies that went missing. That's awful treatment of packages, does the post office not offer any type of compensation for damaging things? Or only if they were insured?
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline stopxmotion

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »
There is nothing I can do. It's not like I can get the items back as they were either stolen or stuffed in someone else's package(I found a belt and medicine in mine that don't belong to me.) I didn't insure anything, but it would have been pointless anyway because 1. The entire box didn't go missing. And 2. It was all personal stuff like clothes and gifts and craft items. It would be too hard to prove the value on everything I shipped, and all they would do is give me a hard time and I'd end up in the same boat, plus more stressed and upset.

I managed to make myself feel a little better last night by spending some time on ebay and found a replacement for something I lost, plus I bought another pony. So I'll be ok. Thanks emery.

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »
Yikes, Stopxmotion!  That sounds horrible! Is it possible for you to get a PO box in another town and have stuff sent there?  Maybe that way you don't have to deal with unhelpful people or destroyed boxes.

I got the last two ponies today!e I also picked up some sweets that are made in the next town over, so whoever gets my box will have a nice assortment of local goodies =)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »
stopxmotion - start kicking up a fuss, especially if the staff were rude to you. Treatment like that is just not on! I mean, they mishandled and lost your items, and other postal stuff, they should at least give you an apology. =( *offers hugs*

I could bloody shoot eBay, I really could. I bought a pony for my partner and she arrived *sticky* and with a massive dot on her face, I think it's a rust mark but she's totally clean otherwise? I have scrubbed her up but I'm less than impressed here, I have a gathering of little things for my partner, but I don't think they're good enough... Oh and my postman stuffed said pony butt-first into my letterbox so the parcel was hanging out of the front of the door, my housemate found her when she came home from work.

BLAAAARGH.

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »
Anyone else having problems viewing threads over at the old Arena?  It keeps redirecting me to the index here!  I'm copying/pasting this so whoever my partner is can read it and not have to deal with the freaky freezing issues.

Quote from: Eskara1862
Wow!  This thread really exploded while I was away during the New Years weekend.  I'll do my best to catch up, so this will probably be a sort of long post  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TEA all the way!  I'm a heavy tea drinker; I go through at least three cups a day and sometimes more. I have yet to find a kind of tea that I refuse to drink visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 My favorite has to be Celestial Seasoning's Imperial White Peach or their Country Peach.  I think I like just about anything that's peach flavored.

McDonald ponies, baits, customs?

I love customs! There are so many talented artists here and it's amazing seeing what people come up with;)  McDonald ponies would be great because I had to sell all of mine to pay the bills when I didn't have a job >_<  Baits are totally acceptable because I LOVE to restore.

Accessories?

YES!  Especially a so soft rearing stand.

Favorite Colors?

Any shade of purple.  I also like green a lot.  I made my art desk/computer room area a magenta and lime green theme because they're peppy and inspire me to get things done.

Candles, lotions, bath accessories?

I'm a huge candle addict, but have two major requirements on them.  I won't burn any candle that contains lead in the wick because it's bad for your health to inhale the lead-laden smoke. The second is no essential oils in candles.  I am owned by a cat and cat's can't properly metabolize essential oils in any form, so I try to avoid those for her health.

Lotions... Not so much. I like Burt's Bees lotions, but not really anything else.

Bath accessories- Salts!  I'm a fiend for baths and love to add salts. Auria Cacia salts are my favorite, but I'm really not picky as long as they're not artificially fragranced (parfum on the ingredient label). Baths are my meditation and de-stressing time, so anything that helps with that is appreciated.

Extras preferences

I'm a pretty grateful person and appreciate any extras included. I prefer useful and beautiful things over kitchy dust catchers. My cat Misty loves boxes, so the box my swap stuff comes in is considered an extra!  Chocolates are great, as are anything ginkgo, dragonfly, Celtic knot, or raven related.  I also enjoy fairy gardening and am obsessed with moss and ferns.

Pets? Kids?

As mentioned before, a little snowshoe siamese kitty named Mist Luin, aka Misty.  She's my only child and I adore her to death =)  She's currently having some intestinal issues, so any treats for her would have to be freeze-dried meats, such as shrimp or chicken, or greenies. Feathers are her favorite toys, as are a stuffed Chewbacca,  and string.

Will anybody be celebrating a birthday during the swap?

Nope!  I be a July pony =D

Do you collect anything else?

Dinosaurs!Dinotopia has been a huge influence on my life and that has shown up in a dinosaur collection that rivals the pony one.  Anything prehistoric is totally awesome =)

It's so neat reading everybodies likes and wants.  I wish I could send a box to more than one person because I keep seeing people post things and I'm all "I like that too!  I have xyz that I bet they'd love."  But no spoilers on what/who, because I don't want to hint at who my partner is  :silly:

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 12:46:49 AM »
stopxmotion - start kicking up a fuss, especially if the staff were rude to you. Treatment like that is just not on! I mean, they mishandled and lost your items, and other postal stuff, they should at least give you an apology. =( *offers hugs*

I could bloody shoot eBay, I really could. I bought a pony for my partner and she arrived *sticky* and with a massive dot on her face, I think it's a rust mark but she's totally clean otherwise? I have scrubbed her up but I'm less than impressed here, I have a gathering of little things for my partner, but I don't think they're good enough... Oh and my postman stuffed said pony butt-first into my letterbox so the parcel was hanging out of the front of the door, my housemate found her when she came home from work.

BLAAAARGH.

I agree, you should confront your p.o.! Although I doubt they'll do anything about it :( At least make a serious compain, show how upset you are.

I'm scared of buying from ebay, people don't know how to correctly describe ponies or check for flaws.

Anyone else having problems viewing threads over at the old Arena?  It keeps redirecting me to the index here!  I'm copying/pasting this so whoever my partner is can read it and not have to deal with the freaky freezing issues.

Yup, it redirects you before you have the time to do anything...hope they fix it soon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:50:49 AM by gazzy90 »

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 04:35:36 AM »
Pretty sure I've got everything sorted for this swap now which is cool. Just need to some valentines themed wrapping and stuff. Though I've not seen any in shops yet...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 04:53:07 AM »
mercynova - Yeah it's weird isn't it? I haven't seen any either! I'm going to look around for some today plus a few ship-safe extra bits and pieces. I *love* living in York, there is a practically endless chocolate selection! *bounce*

Oh and if the replacement pony I just got off eBay arrives damaged/sticky I am going to be seriously unimpressed. I'm going to go check on the one I cleaned yesterday, if all else fails I'll keep her for me since I don't have her and she wasn't on my wishlist (I think?).

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 08:03:27 AM »
Not fond of the new arena, Same reason I didn't frequent the TP as much, but I'm still here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal