collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to get started with selling ponies  (Read 276 times)

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
How to get started with selling ponies
« on: May 08, 2015, 01:27:21 PM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
So I have never sold anything on the internet before and generally, I have no idea where to start when it comes to stuff like payment (Paypal? Is that needed for international transactions?) and shipping. I feel like I need some kind of guide on How To Sell Stuff On The Internet, but I can't find anything.
Someone expressed interest in a Daisy dreams with bangs I have but have no use for myself but I'm not sure where to start if I'm gonna sell her.
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: How to get started with selling ponies
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 07:07:40 PM »
Well, you're right about needing PayPal! Almost everyone on the Arena and on Ebay uses it. PayPal is free to sign up for, but it takes a small portion of your sales money every time you sell something. It's worth it for the security and ease of use, though.

As far as shipping, I'm not much help on international shipping as I only rarely ship that way, but as far as shipping in general, it's important to make sure you know how much the item in its packaging will weigh so that you can get a shipping quote. Here in the U.S. you can weigh your package and then put the information into the postal system's website and they'll tell you your shipping options and how much they'll cost. Maybe the Norway postal system has a similar website?

Once you settle on a price for your item and once you know how much it will cost to ship it to a buyer, you tell them the final amount and they can send the money to your PayPal account. :)

I hope that helps, and I'm sure other members can expand on this, clarify, and add more!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal