collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay seller's brother OPENED my MIP Birthflowers?!?!  (Read 3393 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay seller's brother OPENED my MIP Birthflowers?!?!
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2013, 04:23:29 AM »
Darned skippy! Tell her what's what in a gentle way at first and if you don't get a response, take it to the next step.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 08:01:41 AM »
Settle down guys. First, she WAS told that the bag was open. She just didn't see it. She can't go after her for that since it was in the note that was sent. However, she can toss up a fuss since the pony is not as described and DOES have mold. Seller mentioned no mold on the pony only that the bag had been opened.

I would politely talk to the seller and see where that goes. Take a photo or two of the moldy areas and send it along with your note. Make sure to tell her you are unhappy with your purchase and a few ways the problem could be remedied (either discount, full refund etc...) Then if that fails file a claim.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Birthday-Edtion-My-Little-Pony-August-/271183841217?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item3f23d107c1&nma=true&si=Fc%252BFYMTSv5QOX0anglOi8V3vfl8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This Pony is obviously opened as you can see the plastic bag is torn on the left corner. Anyone could miss this as it's listed in it's description as brand new. Brand new to me means never opened, factory sealed.

I call her bluff. She knew the pony was opened the minute she took these photos. The hole in the bag is obviously not a small one.

"Item specifics
Condition:    
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing ... Read more

Birthday edition my little pony "August" brand new in package. Shipping overages will be refunded as shipping is only an estimate, if actual shipping charges exceed the estimate you will pay only the estimate. Thank you! "

She listed the item as brand new in package, then she used the eBay tag as * A Brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item. *

This seller has so many "strikes" against her between these two transactions that it's not a simple mistake.  -_-  I'm blocking this user anyway. Personally, I wouldn't want to deal with a liar.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 11:49:18 AM »
Wow.

I purchased the December Holly from this seller. A while after the auction ended, she sent me,

"Good evening,

This item was listed as being brand new unopened however when I went to pack the item for shipment I discovered the plastic bag has in fact been opened at some point however the pony is brand new inside. If you do not still want the item let me know. I apologize for the inconvenience.

- kekambas9"

I did not get the brother story. After I asked her some questions about the "tear", she told me that it just looked like the seal came open with age. I didn't really care, I just wanted a minty Holly (she's a very special pony to me involving one of my best friends). I knew there was gunky stuff all over the package anyway (clearly seen in original photos), and I was debating about opening her anyway.

When the pony came, the package WAS torn and looking more closely at the original pictures I can kind of see it now. I do wish I saw this thread before I responded to her. Holly came in good condition though, no marks, and that is what I was really looking for. Probably could have found a better price though.

After all this, I doubt I will be doing business with that seller again. So sorry you guys had that experience too!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
This is freaking terrible.
I'm awaiting a response from the seller, she offered me a full refund on May's return, but I'm not going to go through that.
I'd much rather keep her than her go back and potentially go to another unsuspecting buyer.

My bag was ripped open as well, seems very forced too as the plastic is all wonky.

My may has cancer and pindot. Not much minty about her, just supports my theory that she'd been open for quite some time.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
This same seller still has not shipped the other item I won from her, claiming that she thought she'd refunded me for it (she had not), and now she is not responding to my messages  :mad:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
thats complete crap.  that seller knew what she was doing.    >_<   its terrible they get away with that.  putting her on my do not deal ist
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
Ugggh, really?
She's wasn't winning any favors to start with and now she hasn't shipped your item and stopped responding?!
She's getting a neutral from me for sure, I wish it were a negative. I don't know how well ebay would take that considering that there was a message in the second chance offer....:/

You should definitely leave her negative for this latest update.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
Perhaps if you all, as a group, filed a grievence? I don't know if that can be done, but maybe you can reference each other or something? I'm having my own issues with a seller...he charged me 22 Euro for shipping March 16 and the ponies still haven't arrived! He won't answer my emails, either (there have been 2 now) but I'm giving him the benefit because he isn't selling anything right now, so perhaps he's on vacay or something. I don't get it...dude has excellent feedback! Sux even more because his (I'm actually assuming he's a he...I don't know) stuff was only the second purchase I've made on eBay!
I think we all want to believe the best of people, and I think that for the majority of circumstances this is the most logical and acceptable thing to do. However, should things not get better for you, I think you all should definately band together and gripe as one. Perhaps that will make eBay see a little more clearly!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:42:49 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2013, 09:45:12 PM »
Oh my gosh..... she told you in her message the pony was quality, right? There's cancer and pindot, and she tells you it's quality?! Is she blind or something??? Those are problems that present pretty obviously.... and that's awful that she's completely avoiding you Leo. It's not only suspicious, it's rude! She has your money, and won't give you what you paid for!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

nsunshine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 10:50:57 PM »
I can't stand sellers, who have been dealing with ponies, write descriptions that are sooo lacking in description!! I think they think if they act like they don't know anything about ponies, they can just get away with selling a bad pony....sad sad, sorry for you two!!!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2013, 11:24:15 PM »
Wow, that's terrible. It seems rather odd that she would have already shipped ponies (obviously) but that she isn't answering you, SV. Very lame. :( I hope it works out!
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 07:49:29 AM »
Def. glad I blocked her.

As far as wonky plastic goes, everyone who has ever torn into a plastic bag knows the bag stretches before it tears open. It just proves the bags didn't "pop" open with age, it was intentionally ripped open with force. Seller is a liar. She might not be scamming for huge bucks, but she is getting more money for ponies in bad condition by being deceptive and hoping no one calls her out on it.

If an auction has very good photos and states "as in" condition, then I usually look over all the pictures very carefully. Bad photos and a detailed description as just as bad as no description and bad photos to me.

Non- collector sellers will tell you they don't know but offer tons of photos. I've risked it and gotten great ponies out of similar auctions. Then, I have bought "bait" ponies off collectors/forum members only to have no problems cleaning up the ponies and seeing the pony only needed to be thoroughly cleaned.

Condition varies amongst a lot of people. What is bait to one is just dirty to another.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:25 AM »
The seller messaged me today, saying that she had been sick all weekend and offered to give me five dollars off of the item I purchased that hadn't shipped yet.  I have no way of knowing if she's telling the truth.  I don't trust her at all (and will never buy anything from her again), but IF she really was sick, it wouldn't be very ethical of me to leave her back feedback for being behind on things  :huh:

I have a feeling she pulls the excuse card frequently ... how else could she have 100% positive feedback?

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »
I'd hold off on feedback until the item arrives. I never leave it before I get the thiing...defeats the purpose. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt as far as the sick thing goes...tis the season for the galloping crud!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal