collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: please stop trying to defraud the post office  (Read 2761 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: please stop trying to defraud the post office
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2013, 02:30:40 AM »
yeah, i know in japan i've seen them mail the most ridiculous things... very odd

nsunshine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 11:54:59 AM »
I've done this, because I thought it was good to reuse a box! Like someone sends me a priority box....so I save it, then when I ship something to someone and that specific box holds it so perfectly, then I use that box...I didn't take it from the PO, and someone already paid for it being priority box prior to my using it....is that really that wrong? I guess there is no recycling when it comes to Priority boxes huh? sorry but that just kinda seems dumb!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
i thought you could recycle a priority box if its still being shipped priority.

the problem is people are disguising priority boxes (reused or not) as regular first class or parcel box, so they don't have to pay for a box and they don't have to pay for the extra shipping for priority. so they are essentially stealing the post office's boxes.
so then the person who receives the package has to pay the difference. that's what i understood anyway.
you can't even use the post office shipping labels unless you plan on shipping it priority. with how in debt the p.o is, it's important that no one tries to cheat them, or we may lose the service entirely.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »
Well, if I get things in a Priority box and need to ship things out Parcel and only have Priority boxes, I'm going cover them and recycle them for sure. I paid to have that box shipped to me in the first place, so I don't think reusing them is an issue.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2013, 02:41:05 PM »
Have to admit I have done it too. But for the purpose of recycling. I was in no way trying to "cheat" anyone.
It is not actually ripping off the post office, as they are delivering within the time frame for first class and they were paid for first class. Sounds like they are looking for excuses to charge more. They have already raised all shipping prices. International shipping has been raised quite a good amount...

I just don't like throwing out boxes that are reusable, I have all sorts of boxes from buying foods in bulk that are usable as post boxes. Just trying to spare the planet of more unnecessary waste.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2013, 03:00:13 PM »
i think its more the problem of people picking up the new flat rate shipping boxes at the post office
and using them in the wrong way. making it bad for everyone else.

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2013, 07:13:24 PM »
It's funny this was posted actually.  I just got a pony in the mail which was in repackaged into a small flat rate box and shipped as first class mail.  The poor boy was crammed it to this small box.  I'm just glad nothing happened to it.  :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal