collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice needed (Resolved)  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Advice needed (Resolved)
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »
I recently purchased an item on ebay to use on my masquerade swap. Two items, actually. I bought them at the same time. One item came from the UK< and one item came from the USA (where I live).

The item was marked with a 3 day handling time, and it was marked as shipped on June 1st. To date, it has not arrived (unless it is in my mailbox as I write this). I have contacted the seller multiple times. The item I ordered from the UK arrived within a week. I have had two other packages that I had ordered since then, arrive.

Each time she tells me "Im not sure why it would take this long. I didn't get tracking on it. It must be the post offices hope. Just wait a day or two. I have a feeling it will show up." The seller in a top rated seller with only 1 negative this past year.

Im willing to accept that there was a mail snaffu.. Except that some things strike me as odd.. As a top rated seller, shouldn't she know that she gets free tracking when she prints the labels from PayPal? Why wouldnt she have done so? She kept telling me that "if it isnt there in a day or two, I can send you replacements priority mail. But I really feel like it will show up any day now." How can she know it will be any day now unless she maybe forgot to send it in the first place and just dropped it in the mailbox?

Argh. I explained to here that I needed these items like, a week ago. Im on a time limit. I asked her to go and send the replacements and if the original package arrives, I would be happy to return it to her, but please provide tracking.

On the 12th, she replied that she would ship the replacements first thing in the morning on the 13th.

Still, no tracking number.

She is being VERY polite. But it all just seems odd to me. And again, she's got GREAT feedback and great ratings.

I would hate to leave unjust feedback, but at this point, Im really frustrated and want to leave her 1 star on the shipping. But I feel guilty when I think about doing it because It could be an honest post office error..

I have honestly never had to do this before, as I don't buy much on Ebay.

Any advice or opinions on the matter would be very appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:51:40 PM by Maniah »

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »
*hugs*

Well, I'm not sure what to say here but if there was a trackingnr option and she didn't know about it you can't blame her (unless it was insured) ..
I guess you'll have to wait it out and hope the replacement gets there soon. Should the other one arrive after you can check the date it was sent out and leave appropriate feedback after.

But again, a confusing situation for both of you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »
Believe it or not, some people don't use the Ebay or Paypal labels. Even some high sellers! They may not have printers or just never advanced as far technology goes.

That may be the case. Did you ask why there is no tracking? Maybe fish for some info...

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »
Yes, it is an unusual situation. :huh:

I am not sure why she did not just print her label through ebay.  The delivery confirmation number is included with the price of postage(first class), I wouldn't consider it free as they get you along the line somewhere but it does basically track the package in a round about way.  And as a "Top  Rated Seller"  under the new policies she has to have that information uploaded 90% of the time within 24 hours to keep her discounts????

Also if she said she was going to ship the replacements Priority there will most definately be a tracking number.  Which in my opinion she should have emailed you that number considering the circumstance of a supposed lost package.  I know I would want reassure my customer that his/her items where on their way.

Anyways I think the bottom line is it might have been an oversight on her part.  Which happens but she should have been honest about the mistake.  It looks better than making up a PO error, which does happen on occasion but very rarely.  I guess it's a waiting game at this point.  I would assume if she shipped out on the 12th assuming it was Priority it should be there today or tomorrow.

Keep us posted  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »
Well, the package came today, shortly after posting this actually.

>.< She had put plain old stamps on the package, and it was post marked on the 4th. So, she marked it as shipped on the 1st which was the day after I paid... Has a three day handling time. Thats a day outside her listed handling time, but Im willing to accept that it as perhaps processed on the 4th if it was dropped off on the 3rd.

It just boggles my mind that it took 10 days to arrive.

There is a message scrawled on the package that is half worn off where it went over tape.. But it looks like it says "Not for Pine Tree Loop" which leads me to think the post office sent it to the wrong station first.

I wound up giving her a good review and full stars because this seems pretty clearly the post offices fault.

Still, she should have just printed the shipping off ebay or paypal for the tracking. >.<

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed (Resolved)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 05:00:58 PM »
:hug:  I'm glad to hear that your parcel arrived safely at last :cheer:  It does sound as though the PO sent it to the wrong place/ depot sent it to the wrong PO, so thats why it took so long.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 06:37:49 PM »
normally when something says 1-3 days, it usually says/means business days...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »
normally when something says 1-3 days, it usually says/means business days...

Exactly. Technically, she sent it way before three days. And she was 100% honest. Some people don't use the labels off ebay or paypal and obviously she's one of them. There are no rules saying she has to.

So you bought it on the 1st (a Friday) and you are upset that it was stated as delivered on the 2nd (a Saturday) but the post marked wasn't put on till the 4th (a Monday)?!

I really hope you realize the flaw in your criticism...

PonyLady - She may be Top Rated BUT that might change come the 22nd once the new rules actually come into effect. They still aren't in effect yet.

However, maybe she will remain top rated. She could have just had a broken printer or paypal wasn't working so she just through some stamps on it. Personally, people have become so used to printed out labels and the fast process that now if something takes more than a week everyone freaks out.

**Note - packages take much longer when there are stamps on there versus when there is a bar code**

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 11:25:54 AM »
PonyLady - She may be Top Rated BUT that might change come the 22nd once the new rules actually come into effect. They still aren't in effect yet.
They are technically not in effect until June 20th but ebay is taking the entire month of May as a starting point.  So yes it does matter now  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »
RPB- no that is incorrect. I bought on the 31st. She marked shipped on the 1st. The post office stamped it on the 4th.

eBay stated its estimated arrival date as the 4th

At no point did I say it was delivered anywhere on the second.

I did count the 31st as one of her handling days because I paid at 3am on my lunch break at work leaving the full day for her to process. So yes, 31, 1, 2 would be three business days. Come monday the 4th that is indeed outside the three day mark.

I understand your confusion as I forgot to mention specifically when I paid for the item. Thank you for trying to help clear things up :) I appreciate it. However, it all worked out in the end and the post office just screwed up by sending it to the wrong area first.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
Ponylady - I misread the way you phrased. You said to "keep" her discounts. I understand what you were saying now :-)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »
I don't use eBay or Paypal to print my postage labels, either.  Does it make a difference?  I haven't been selling for very long, so I don't really know what people prefer or why.  I either hand-write the addresses or copy, paste, and print them myself.

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
I don't use eBay or Paypal to print my postage labels, either.  Does it make a difference?  I haven't been selling for very long, so I don't really know what people prefer or why.  I either hand-write the addresses or copy, paste, and print them myself.

My point in using ebay or paypal to print the postage, was that when you buy first class shipping (The cheap option) you can get tracking included with it for free. Stamps don't come with tracking, and I think it costs more or may not be available at the post office. I couldn't tell you for sure. It's just a better deal with less hassle to buy it and print it through ebay, in my opinion.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 05:30:14 PM »

My point in using ebay or paypal to print the postage, was that when you buy first class shipping (The cheap option) you can get tracking included with it for free. Stamps don't come with tracking, and I think it costs more or may not be available at the post office. I couldn't tell you for sure. It's just a better deal with less hassle to buy it and print it through ebay, in my opinion.

Ah, maybe that's it.  It's different over here in the UK.  It costs me (and therefore the buyer) more to get tracking on a package.  I suppose it's a trade-off.  I do offer more expensive postage if the buyer requests it, but I know for me as a buyer, the cheaper the shipping, the better.  But it would depend on the listing, too.  If it's an expensive pony and/or a larger lot, being able to track the package would be worth the extra £.

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately, the option I speak of is only for items within the USA.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal