collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rude ebay customer - kittylouise50  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Rude ebay customer - kittylouise50
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 07:57:19 AM »
1) Happy Birthday :)

2) If she does leave a neg then keep all correspondence and ask eBay to review it, it sounds like the woman just couldn't be bothered to read the description properly :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:08 AM »
People an't get any more rude now a days....Sorry you had to dead with such a butt. :(

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 08:10:09 AM »
Auction in question - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2a225f6202&item=180965302786&nma=true&pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Character_Toys&rt=nc&si=qy9AMDhnMOH8ndL%252BVTyOAdlBCZg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The estimated delivery time is 4 - 9 business days, unfortunately with auspost, that may not happen. I have had items take up to two weeks within Aus, when ive had things arrive from the us within 4 days.

I get why some of you are jumping to her defence, but seriously, why put a description or bother writing anything if nobody actually reads it? That is where the issue is.

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 08:13:27 AM »
Auction in question - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2a225f6202&item=180965302786&nma=true&pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Character_Toys&rt=nc&si=qy9AMDhnMOH8ndL%252BVTyOAdlBCZg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The estimated delivery time is 4 - 9 business days, unfortunately with auspost, that may not happen. I have had items take up to two weeks within Aus, when ive had things arrive from the us within 4 days.

I get why some of you are jumping to her defence, but seriously, why put a description or bother writing anything if nobody actually reads it? That is where the issue is.
It DOES in bright pink letters show that. So I see it as the buyers fault

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »
Now that I see the auction I think the buyer is even more unreasonable. It clearly says 4-9 days.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »
Okay I am confused about one thing...so help me out. You say you need the funds to clear your bank, but why? Did she pay with an echeck?  Or did she send a regular payment?  If this is an issue of needing money for shipping you can print your shipping labels off of paypal or through ebay with the money that was sent to you and ship it before it hits your bank.  Maybe I am just confused as to what the issue really was.  Not trying to upset anyone...just wanted to know that.  I do understand your handling time is in your auction and a buyer needs to read that.  I was just trying to understand your handling time better...why so long?  I print my postage from the money in paypal through ebay right after a person pays. I don't allow echecks so payments for me are always instant. Then, I put the item in the po that day or the next day.  I then go home and transfer the funds to my bank.  Anytime I get paid through paypal the money is there as soon as I check, so why would there be a time lapse there?

Long handling times are no reason to lose it and start screaming tho.  Thats not a mature way of dealing with things and I doubt her kid is involved...she is upset because she doesn't have it yet.  Be careful she may try to say she never got it even if it says it was delivered.  People can be so nutso these days.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:53:54 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »
She IS rude, I give her that. She also needs to wait as your shipping time clearly states 4-9 days AFTER receiving cleared payment. You should be perfectly fine in that department. She needs to get her Depends un twisted.

My only issue is (and I don't know the ebay rules or paypal rules for aussie) Technically to ebay, cleared payment is when she pays you and the money shows up in your paypal account. That's cleared payment. You may have issues if you are talking about getting payment for the item and then transferring it over from your paypal account to your bank account. This may be something you want to discuss with a ebay rep.

Even though it's in your description, ebay may not agree with it. Kinda like when sellers won't offer refunds or returns. Just because you post it in the description, doesn't always mean ebay will support it.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
I understand everyones point of view.

I have never heard of the shipping label thing? How does that work? I would happily take advantage of that if I knew what it was / how to do it. I pay cash for postage, hence the wait time, I didn't know there were any other options.

I agree that yeah, she had to wait and it sucks, but I really don't think having a tantrum.about it is going to help the situation at all.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 05:26:55 PM »
Oh yea...okay let me help.  There are two ways to do this.  You can do it through ebay and paypal, but I have found its just as easy to do it through ebay. (link with directions below)  You will need to know how much your items weigh. You can run to the po and put it on their scale or use your own. I use a food scale and add an extra ounce to be safe. It works great and I have never had a problem.  If its a box you will need to know the measurements of your box and thats just easy...use a tape measure and sometimes boxes have the measurements on the bottom.  You will love this feature as it also gives you free tracking on many packages.  It also uploads your buyer's tracking number onto their account so they can track their own package.  You don't have to buy special labels, you can just print them out on your printer and tape them on the box. Just don't tape of the bar codes or stamp code...put tape everywhere else but those two areas.  Then you just drop the package off at your postal office.  No filling out of forms, no long lines...you will seriously love this.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/print-labels.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:36:10 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
That's cool!  I had no idea.  I wonder if there is a Canadian version of this for Canada post.

As for the auction, the terms are clearly stated.  If she does leave a negative, you should be fine to take it up with ebay.  I hate when people write in all caps =(

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:17 PM »
That is awesome :) I will take advantage of that for sure. I seriously had no idea there was such a thing :/ if I had known, I would have been using it a long time ago.

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
That is awesome :) I will take advantage of that for sure. I seriously had no idea there was such a thing :/ if I had known, I would have been using it a long time ago.

It's not an Australian thing unfortunately, but Auspost now link their ClickandSend to eBay

http://auspost.com.au/clickandsend/ebay-account.asp
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 11:47:40 PM »
Wait I'm confused, so you can't use the print shipping labels options in some countries?

Oh honestly, I thought the whole cleared payment thing was some kind of Aussie Ebay thing. But now I see you have a different meaning which is to your bank account. But still, the listing had 5-9 days which stands out because it's longer than most.

Plus, the seller waited till day four to mail it, which is not long at all. That's what makes this all so weird. If she promised 1 day shipping after cleared payment then I would understand a message. At this point, no message was even needed and the buyer is totally acting out of control.

Oh by the way, just in case this helps, you can also get a Paypal debit card if that's possible for you. It's debit so it has nothing to do with credit.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 12:18:32 AM »
Unfortunately, a paypal debit card is not available (yet) in Australia, just looked into it. It told me "because you are not in the US, you can not have a paypal debit card". I would say it will happen, eventually.

I am also looking into the shipping label thing, I am not too sure if the Aussie version of ebay has this option, I am trying my best though as I really would like to do the best for all my customers.

As I said, I would have been completely understanding of this woman if she had an issue with wait times etc. She is being irrational, that is where my issue is. I may be out of line, I understand that and a few of you have brought this to my attention, I understand and am working on resolving the issue. Unfortunately, as I have said, I normally live hand to mouth at this point, and don't have much cash on hand (sometimes I have spent $200AU at the PO in one visit just for postage) that sort of money is hard to have up front when I barely earn that in a week, the majority of my money goes to bills and gas for the car.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 05:16:09 AM »
I completely understand where you're coming from. Thankfully, my paypal is immediate. What are you using? I have Visa Debit through NAB, and like I said, it's immediate - and the visa debit is free on my savings account, and you get no acount fees if you're a student, too! Definitely something to look into.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal