collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65674 times)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1215 on: November 16, 2023, 08:32:09 AM »
PBW: is a sparky an electrician?! Sounds like it’s coming together little by little.  :satisfied:

Our Thanksgiving potluck is at work today. I brought caprese salad, which caused a LOT of drama yesterday with my boss never having heard of it and him being very judgmental/dubious, so I doubt he’ll try it. Eh, more for me and my coworkers who enjoy it!!!  :P Now to wait until lunchtime.  :yummy:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 16, 2023, 08:46:53 AM »
PBW: is a sparky an electrician?! Sounds like it’s coming together little by little.  :satisfied:

Our Thanksgiving potluck is at work today. I brought caprese salad, which caused a LOT of drama yesterday with my boss never having heard of it and him being very judgmental/dubious, so I doubt he’ll try it. Eh, more for me and my coworkers who enjoy it!!!  :P Now to wait until lunchtime.  :yummy:
I have never heard of that either! the thanksgiving staples here are Brunswick stew and good ole turkey. (and turkey shooting)
I feel you on waiting for lunchtime, it seems like it will never come!

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1217 on: November 16, 2023, 09:12:13 AM »
Harmonie I don't know much about Connecticut other than what I've seen on Gilmore Girls, but I loved that show!

PBW, sounds like things are coming together :).

shockponie, I love caprese sallad! I had it the first time as a teen when my history teacher took the class through Italian renaissance and brought us home for an italian dinner. I have so fond memories of him :satisfied:. I also tried tiramisu for the first time and it was delicious. He made everything from scratch. However, I don't remember the main dish for some reason.

My workshift began at 4:15 am. I had a lucky day. The coffee machine was broken and we only had one working toilett, but I only had like 10 passengers and I was pre warned so I got my tea from the office in a termos before we went so I was good. We arrived at destination around 7:45 am. The train going 8:13 am from that destination back home had been frozen solid over night. After a while it had warmed up enough to go, but they did not dare take any passengers if it would break down so they were referred to the train at 9:13 am. That poor trainattendee got passengers for two trains (the first one had over 70 bookings) and my vehicle :shocked:.
My train back went 10:13 am so I got to eat breakfast and take a nap and only had around 20 travelers on the entire way home. And I had two working toiletts and a coffee machine so I got three cups of tea on that ride and almost finnished my book.
I'm a bit sore in my throat and got a stuffed nose but otherwise it went fine health wise :).

Back home at around 2 am I took my boke to get fixed at a workshop, home, ate a late lunch with hubby, got called by the vet, and now I'm just hanging around :).

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1218 on: November 16, 2023, 09:53:46 AM »
Harmonie! I'm so happy for you! I know you were pretty miserable in OK. I have a friend that moved from Texas to Connecticut and he loves it there :)

PBW, yay! Things are moving along well.

I also love caprese salad and make it for myself on a regular basis. That much cheese probably isn't good for me, but on the other hand I did grow up in Wisconsin so I have a natural need for cheese :P Thanksgiving has always been my least favorite holiday and most of the traditional food I associate with bad times. It would be refreshing to have some different dishes :)

Beldarna, sounds like a good day except for the frozen train :whoa: Was it good news from the vet? Read it in the other thread :(

Today I'm very groggy, I slept for 13 hours again. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm sick. There's so much I need to do around the house but I'm just so fatigued. We had a cold front come through, it dropped into the 60s at night, but it's been raining every day. It's very humid, everything feels wet even though it isn't. My plants are loving it.

The antibiotics are killing my stomach :( I'm taking a probiotic and have been eating lots of yogurt. Yesterday I really wanted an egg, so I made one along with two hashbrown patties. It was really good but my stomach hurt afterwards. I also got a cluster headache last night, which is odd for me. It was on the left side of my head and wouldn't go away with meds. It is gone today thankfully.

Today, I'm going to work on ponies and cards for the card swap.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 09:57:47 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 17, 2023, 02:47:59 AM »
A sparky is indeed an electrician. Sometimes I love living in Scotland where we've had non-gendered terms for our workies for ages!!! Not to mention the word postie is non-gendered.

BC take it easy & get well xxx
Beldarna at least you were warned, unlike your poor coworker...
Shockponie I'll have to look up Caprese salad as I generally LOVE Italian food, so if it's cheese & no meat I can have a go at it... Caprese cake, I have tried & it's yummy!!!

Today I went to the noisy coffee thing & reported on bathroom progress to the folk I know there. There's another meet-up next Wednesday evening, which means loads of stuff on next week.
Re bathroom work: had a joiner in to apply sealants to everything & take off blocks which were holding up the sink-side wet wall until it dried. Just waiting on the painter before they can do anything else. Come on painter!!! Or at least find an alternative one if the regular fellow is on holiday!!! It's Friday which means no workies for the next two days after today, & I swear peeps better come in Monday or I'll have stern words... (I want this finished!!! See TC for why)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 17, 2023, 03:29:59 AM »
PBW; I did send her a text about the coffemachine so she could at least help herself at the kiosk at the station if needed :angel:.

I had an early but short shift today. Home around nine am. Breakfast, social media, watched some news. It's almost lunch time now and I want a sallad. I do have lettuce, tomatoes and red onions at home but I'm in the mood for ceasar. I also want the biggest bar of chocolate I can find and munch. Like, just comfort eating after all these weeks of trial. So need to go to the grocery store. I'm also wondering what hubby wants to eat, but he's a sleep. Should I wait for him to get up or just go anyway? :wonder:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1221 on: November 17, 2023, 06:48:10 AM »
Wake him up :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 17, 2023, 07:37:03 AM »
A sparky is indeed an electrician. Sometimes I love living in Scotland where we've had non-gendered terms for our workies for ages!!! Not to mention the word postie is non-gendered.

Very useful! I love that. I’m going to use ‘em, and see if I can get the friends/fam to catch on. ;)

And can I just say… It’s so refreshing when people are open-minded (like you guys :hug:) and not so stubborn and judgmental. A simple “oh what’s that?” from my boss would suffice. Instead he’s like, “Sounds weeeird. I wouldn’t like it. :poke:” Rude! Anyway, the caprese salad was almost gone (except for like 3 tiny tomatoes) so obviously it was a hit.

To be on topic, today I’m going to get my hubs Mario RPG. Not my thing, but it’s going to be his birthday on Sunday, and it’s what he wants. Also! We’re going to see The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes tomorrow, so I’m hyped about that.  :satisfied:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1223 on: November 17, 2023, 07:43:53 AM »
Super Mario RPG is one of the greatest games ever! I have it on SNES. I actually have two carts. One I bought from a game store for $50 years ago. The other one I found in a crate with other SNES games at a consignment shop and they were all $4 :whoa: I bought them all :P And the funny thing is, the one for four bucks is in better condition and still has a working battery than the other one, whose battery I had to change.

I should stay on topic too. Today is another pony and card day. I feel like I'm never going to finish these ponies :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 17, 2023, 09:07:03 AM »
Wake him up :P

He actually came up right after I posted ^.^. We went to the store but they were out of ceasar so I ended up buying a cucumber and a chocolate bar and then we went home and made an omelette with a side sallad. It was really good. We also bought a couple of saffronbuns to eat later tonight for our evening fika :).

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 18, 2023, 11:37:49 AM »
It's the weekend!!! Which means I can crash out!!! Going through the new yarns & started turning one lot into a scarf... One of the balls was broken into small lengths!!! So I'm just using it to patch up bits in the others as needed. I'm on the last ball now & the scarf isn't that long, & I can't find more of the yarn in question!!!
Got a ton of packages, most of which were Aliexpress orders (cheap doll accessories) & bathroom décor which is put away until the work is done & approved (I don't want to alter anything before the lot is approved. I can move cabinets up after the floor is down but until the approval is in I'm stuck). The sole exception is also for the bathroom: sucker screws for the shelves round the bath, as needed due to wet wall. I do NOT want to punch holes in the wet wall just to fit stuff in there so the sucker screws are needed.

Beldarna sounds yummy anyway!!!
BC little by little you'll make it!!!
Shockponie couldn't agree more!!! Curiosity is far better than plain yuck. How do you know you don't like it without trying it??? I discovered what I don't like by trying it & going YEUCH, nope, sorry, I don't like this. You learn more by being curious too!!! The show sounds good too, & wish the spouse happy bd from me!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 18, 2023, 11:38:18 AM »
I didn't realize my headphones had fallen and I stepped on it and accidentally cracked one.

It wasn't a bad break, but I had the brilliant idea to super glue it instead of taping it...and then spent roughly 20 minutes trying to unglue my fingers with daughter dearest's help.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 19, 2023, 03:23:38 AM »
It's been over a week since Simba last peed on the floor so we put out our rugs today! :yippee: We took out or hallway rug and gave it a good brush in the snow and boy did the snow turn brown.. :| but the rug looks brand new now. Here's hoping for no more pee!

I made hubby some chili for lunch. I still have my omelette to eat. He's gonna order some Black Friday deals from Amazon and asked if I wanted anything so I'm gonna check it out :).

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 19, 2023, 07:13:36 AM »
Quiet day. Watched a couple of films yesterday & made some biccies for a snack. Defrosting scones now. More arguing with stubborn yarn. Ordered stuff from Clipper's shop as he has new HQG1Cs in. Wanted Little Apple for ages!!! Next order from there will feature the Halloween Boy he has up.

Beldarna you must be so glad to have that rug clean!!!
LAW I've broken several things by stepping on them!!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1229 on: November 19, 2023, 07:20:03 AM »
Beldarna, that's great news!

PBW, I saw on Facebook the new Halloween boy. He's orange! I'd like to have him but need to keep funds for other things.

Today I'm going to wash my hair in the sink, shave it off, then take a shower. I need clean hair in order to shave it, but I hate the feeling of little hairs on my neck afterwards, so the shower.

Then probably ponies and cards. I thought about visiting my mom today but I think I'll try for tomorrow.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal