collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65652 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2022, 09:35:30 AM »
Yesterday was also quiet. I heard about a show on Netflix called Arcane, & was intrigued, so I gave it a go. It's awesome!!! One of the films I watched is Kindergarten Cop 2, where instead of Arnie playing a cop it's Dolph Lundgren playing an FBI agent. It was hilarious & had a lot of the modern sensitivities of children, including allergies.
Today I'm trying to sort an electricity issue. It doesn't affect supply right now, but may do if I leave it too long.

Crumpet I'm glad you had a good coffee break xxx

Those sound like good films for a rainy afternoon. DH might like Arcane, I'll ask him if he's played League of Legends (I'm not a gamer). Have you played League of Legends?

@Crumpet I really miss reading in a coffee shop! I really need to find new hangouts since I moved house.

I'm on holiday today, but I took a meeting anyway because I organised it  >_< I also made banana tea bread and toffee flapjacks for a picnic tomorrow. Hopefully the weather stays fine for our trip to the beach tomorrow with our visitors.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2022, 09:27:37 PM »
Mowing the lawn  -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2022, 03:10:33 AM »
I'm not a gamer. I heard about it on Youtube, as one of my fave channels covered it.
And Banana bread sounds tasty!!! I could only make minis as finding a loaf tin which actually fits the air fryer is a nightmare!!! But I found mini ones, which will be good for things like that. If I could find a tin for making a half-loaf that would rock socks.
Tiki I hope you conquered the pesky lawn!!!

Had the engineer round for a bit, so didn't do much again, because waiting had me on tenterhooks until I knew when he'd be there, when I managed to make my dinner & do my dishes. Afterwards I needed to reset my bedroom clock, & beforehand I saw the state of the electricity cupboard. Dustpan & brush to the rescue!!! it really needed the sweep-up. Also wish I could store the Christmas tree somewhere else, but that's the only place it fits... Still, better doing a little something than nothing
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2022, 05:18:16 AM »
work work work. i was supposed to have a job interview during my lunch break but someone scheduled a meeting so now i need to cancel the interview.

yesterday we took Luna to the vet again. this time she was much calmer with the help of some medication and lots of treats. now we just need to figure out how to get the big one to the vet calmly.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2022, 07:16:43 AM »
Still trying to clean. I haven't done anything. With everything going on, and now my cat is sick.

I can't work on my projects either because I can't get in the zone. My mojo is gone.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2022, 08:55:35 AM »
Still trying to clean. I haven't done anything. With everything going on, and now my cat is sick.

I can't work on my projects either because I can't get in the zone. My mojo is gone.

i hope she feels better :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2022, 06:57:21 AM »
Thanks, Beth :hug:

Today I'm dropping off my kitty for cremation. I shaved some of her fur and put it in a baggie.

When I get back I still have a little more cleaning to do but it's not a lot. Gather some garbage, vacuum the bedroom. I had wanted to get all my broken down cardboard out, but a bunch of it still needs to be taped up and I don't feel like doing that. My carpal tunnel is still bothering me quite a bit and the thought of pulling duct tape makes me wince.

I'd like to move my bookcase. Haha, I've been saying that for like a year.

I'm not sure what to do with all the cat stuff. I have no place to store the litter boxes, unless I just leave them where they are. I do want another cat, a senior, but I don't know when I'll be ready for that. I guess I'll clean everything and put it back. Don't know what else to do. I need a new place mat for the food area. I bought the one I have because the cute cartoony cats on it looked like both my cats :) Now that both are gone, it'll be hard to look at.

When my other cat died, I had a project in mind as a keepsake box. I bought everything but never got started on it. I should do it and buy two more for my dog and Mouse. Maybe one for all my hamsters too. I could have a remembrance shelf or something.

I love having pets. But it's so hard when they pass. At one point I was looking into getting a tortoise because they live so long, but they require a lot of room and it's better if they are kept outside. I've also been looking at African Fat-Tail geckos. They're interesting and live for 20 years. I've never had a reptile. Sorry, I'm rambling.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2022, 09:12:30 AM »
Sorry, I'm rambling.

I don't mind. Sorry to hear about your Kitty, that's a really sad thing. I think African Fat-Tail geckos looks really cool, and I wonder how much you can sustomise their tank and make it into a feature of your room. That might be fun. But in the meantime, I don't see why you shouldn't clean all the cat stuff, put it back, make keepsake boxes and just think on it for a while. I'm not surprised all this loss and worry is making you lose your mojo. It's a lot :hug:

Post Merge: September 14, 2022, 09:13:50 AM

work work work. i was supposed to have a job interview during my lunch break but someone scheduled a meeting so now i need to cancel the interview.

yesterday we took Luna to the vet again. this time she was much calmer with the help of some medication and lots of treats. now we just need to figure out how to get the big one to the vet calmly.

I'm sorry you couldn't get out of it, it's a real shame to have to cancel an interview. I hope you can manage to re-schedule it or find something better!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2022, 09:54:06 AM »
BC all the snuggles!!! It's going to be so hard for you right now xxx So take what time you need xxx
Beth what a bummer with meetings scheduled at the WORST times xxx And glad you got Luna calm at the vets xxx

So I had my coffee morning yesterday, got hold of the electric people help again, & found the reason for my issues (see Trivial Complaints). Booked a smart pre[pay meter as that will make it easier for me. I made pizza for dinner after baking more choc chip muffins. Remind me when it says half a teaspoon of baking soda it means half a LEVEL teaspoon... Otherwise it leaves an aftertaste...
Today was the support worker. I got the dead stick whizzer & some dead oil taken away yaiy!!! Also booking medical appointments. Smear is done, doctor's is being sorted as they have an online consulting service. I want a general & age-specific appointment. The worker is sorting out the dentist for me, & then there's the opticians... At least I'm managing to brush my teeth every night!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2022, 03:14:43 PM »
Thanks guys :hug:

I finished cleaning at least :accomplished:

I will say this - it will be nice not having cat litter all over for a while. I walk around barefoot and the clay litter I use is bigger pieces than clumping litter and sometimes very sharp to step on. Not going to miss that at all.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2022, 05:10:09 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a little better already. :) I still remember my mother's ex calling my eyes tiger eyes and that's a nice memory now too. :lol:

---

:hug: BC, I'm glad you were able to clean up.  I remember when my own previous cats died, I started cleaning almost immediately and put away their food, food dishes, sleeping places and litter boxes. I collected the toys in one place and saved some of them as a memory and gave some away. It made it easier for me to deal with what happened and the future of living without them, even though it was really sad and strange... I couldn't bear to look at those things in their places anymore. It would have felt like they were still coming back home to continue their normal lives. :(
It didn't take us many years when the two current funny "furballs" arrived for us. We couldn't live without cats! Home and life was really empty without them, although it would have been a lot easier without the huge amount of cat litter, dust and cat hair! :lmao:
:zzz:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2022, 11:54:12 PM »
I have to say i can't handle the mess from even a cat, let alone a dog. I'm a bit precious about my home. It doesn't look like a catalogue or anything but I did work in an art museum at one point so dust, food smells, wet footprints... yeah. Our cat lives outside. He gets brushed outside, fed outside, played with outside. We are lucky because he only catches mice most of the time, not birds. He can come in if the weather is bad and then I follow him around with a mop.

I have one more day of holiday. I'm just writing myself a list of Things to Do.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2022, 05:09:28 AM »
I still have her water fountain hooked up and running. I'm so used to the sound of the water. It would be extra weird to unplug it. I know I have to at some point... but for now I'll leave it.

Anyway, inspections start today. I hope they don't pick my unit. They picked me last time, so I'm hoping I'll get skipped this time. I have an appointment with my therapist at 2pm. I'm also busy with things on another site, plus I want to work on my swap custom today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2022, 12:18:17 PM »
It'll take time BC, so give youself what time you need for that xxx And glad you got the cleaning done, & wishing you the best with inspections xxx
Artie: top of your list should be relax & have fun, saving work until you're back home xxx
HOM glad you're starting to feel better xxx

After yesterday's visit I didn't get much done, including baking. I want to relax & bake today, & have started a new recipe: for cinnamon rolls. I did get a few packages deilvered, including a new to me old sharky plush.
When I say started, I mean the recipe has yeast in it, which means proving time. I did the online consult thing & the email said I need to make an appointment... (which means a phone call). Emails are in process with the dentists. I'm dreading making the optician's appointment...
I'm reminded why I don't like being too busy...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2022, 02:31:05 PM »
Took the dog on a walk after chores.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal