collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Story of Seasons  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
Story of Seasons
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:15:27 AM »
So who else is picking up this cute game when it releases next week? I pre-ordered mine a month ago and am so excited my wait is almost over!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Story of Seasons
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:10:57 AM »
I preordered back in December....... Yeah.... I was a little excited.....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 01:45:27 PM »
Okay, I guess I need to see what you're talking about. Is it a Nintendo game?

*comes back to thread*

Not only a Nintendo game, but a 3DS game and a Harvest Moon game to boot. :) And to be released on my birthday. I wonder if this is some sort of hint? :P
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »
Yeah it's the first HM game since the change. I'm really thrilled! There will be chinchillas!!! :lovey:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:12:19 PM »
Oooooh I do want. I want so much. But I have bigger money priorities like moving, going to the MLP Fair, actually buying a PS4, etc. I'll probably get it anyway (Gamestop Credit Card, yay!). ;)

So -- can you explain to me how this fits in the HM universe? Is it directly related to Hometown Story? Because I had kinda gotten the impression that the two were related, but am not at all sure. I have trouble keeping up with all of the Natsume games that come out all the time. :/

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »
I have it pre-ordered and will be picking it up when it's released. Looking forward to it. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »
Anyone else getting excited? I've been bored for weeks. This game will give me something to do. I hope it actually comes out tomorrow and it's not the shipping day. Tomorrow is payday for me so that helps. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »
Ooh ooh! My copy came today! Did anyone else get the plush bunny? :bunny:

I haven't started the game yet. I want to finish up a couple of other games first, because I know that once I start it will consume me. Reading through the manual, it looks very promising! So familiar and yet different, but good different. The conquests for extra land sounds interesting.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 05:26:28 PM »
Ooh ooh! My copy came today! Did anyone else get the plush bunny? :bunny:

I haven't started the game yet. I want to finish up a couple of other games first, because I know that once I start it will consume me. Reading through the manual, it looks very promising! So familiar and yet different, but good different. The conquests for extra land sounds interesting.

I got one of the cute plush bunnies too, was lucky to get the very last one Gamestop had! This is my first Harvest Moon game and so far I am really enjoying it.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:15 AM »
My boyfriend and I both bought this and are playing it. My character's name is Katryn and she lives on Nutnut Farm (a reference to one of my dogs, Coconut.) . I'm still learning my way around and getting use to the game. It's my first farming sim, too. Anyone else playing on Seedling mode?

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »
I think it would be something id like to play (I love pokemon games) but honestly, at the moment I cant really afford it. That and if I had it, id be getting the new Miku game coming out at the end of may, or Pokémon sapphire or ruby first.

That said, do let me know how it is..maybe for my birthday in August.. :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 06:12:29 PM »
Am I playing a Harvest Moon game? :P

The only other games in the series I've played were the original for SNES, Back to Nature for PSOne (my fav) and Magical Melody for GameCube. I know this is by a new company (or localization? or something?) but it's reeeeeally different in terms of difficulty and, the slog and grind :lol: There is none!

When I got to the tutorial for farming... you can water the whole plot?! You can harvest all your crops at once?! What is the meaning of this?! What the heck to do the upgraded tools do? I'm so used to going one. square. at. a. time. and then collapsing after maaaybe two plots, or not even (looking at you, Magical Melody).

Yes, I'm playing on Seedling precisely because I've done the barely surviving slog until Winter when you're thrilled to start GRINDING! In SoS I'm on Spring 9th? I think and I've already upgraded my house :freak:

I'm not complaining! Far from it. The game is more fun this way. I was worried about time not stopping in buildings because in past games, that was a big thing. If time didn't stop, I mean, there was no way you could have crops and animals and gather stuff and socialize... (again, looking at Magical Melody, that game is hard.)

So. Mini first impressions review from me, I guess. Having played, and replayed many times, the tougher installments of HM, I really like SoS so far. My one single complaint, which would exist anyway, is lack of same-sex dating options - BUT the ability to crossdress and have all available hairstyles helps with that.

Also, I want to date Giorgio. Can I trade Fritz for him? Please? :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 02:47:51 PM »
I'm totally with you on that last part, BlackCurtains: Georgio should have been a love interest. He's hilarious! :lol: Guys coulda had .. *thinks* ... Marian? And yes, I suppose the crossdress option would come in handy for that. You can even use all the hair! :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 11:19:30 PM »
I'm playing it now :) I like it because Harvest Moon, but it seems a little...off. Like, it's great that they give you all the basic tools right at the beginning, PLUS a barn and a cow....but then they don't give you a pitchfork to clean up after the cow? You can't even get it at the general store, you have to buy blueprints to build it-- but it requires iron, which I can't buy yet. I'm on the last day of spring and I have 3 or 4 iron I've found while swimming, but still no pitchfork for my poor cows. It seems like stone and lumber don't appear as much as in previous games, either, and some things seem way too expensive. And I HATE that there are no shipping bins! I'll get stuck where I can't buy seeds because the Silk Country vendor isn't there and won't be for a few days, so even though I'm collecting products I'm stuck waiting because I can't sell them! And I'm playing on normal mode, I do NOT need a week-long tutorial, haha!

I'm sure it'll get better as the game goes on though. I am really excited about the new animals. Especially the angora rabbits, since I've been looking into purchasing angora rabbits in real life lately :P And once I unlock more trade partner countries, the shipping won't be as big of an issue. I'm still getting into the swing of things.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 01:57:11 PM »
I think it would be something id like to play (I love pokemon games) but honestly, at the moment I cant really afford it. That and if I had it, id be getting the new Miku game coming out at the end of may, or Pokémon sapphire or ruby first.

That said, do let me know how it is..maybe for my birthday in August.. :)
Same here! I wanna get the Miku game (still not sure if I can afford to pre-order it) and I still don't have Omega Ruby. I love Harvest Moon series games, and you guys are getting me really excited about this one, but some of them are AWESOME for me and others are not-so-awesome. This sounds like it'll be one of the awesome ones, though...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal