collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RANDOM SWAP - *COMPLETED*  (Read 78851 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM SWAP - Shipping deadline passed!
« Reply #2385 on: April 10, 2013, 03:27:20 AM »
Ugh, just read your Problem post.  Sorry to hear about all the back trouble and that your work is not being as helpful as they should. Then a crazy and traumatic  accident!  I think some days we are better off hiding in a safe closet until the day is over.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 10, 2013, 05:46:11 AM »
Sometimes they say it's not worth chewing through the restraints :)
It was one of those "Eeep where's my blanket to hide under" moments, and to top it off we had just quit smoking too, we made it through everything though without jumping back on the smoke wagon. Things will work out I am sure, I just have to believe!
So on to more fun and entertaining topics-
This swap was indeed extremely fun and educational. I have opened the eyes of people around me about various things that they never considered and it's quite difficult to find certain things even if you have the internet. In researching items for my lovely partner, I have educated myself on the life cycle of a sea slug, I have inspired a local craftsman to try new creations. I also learned that you can find the strange and unusual on the internet, but not exactly what you were looking for in the first place. I have also come to realize that Marigold's avatar is pink not white... all this time I thought she was white.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 10, 2013, 06:35:52 AM »
Lol, I am glad this has been so enlightening.  Everyone needs to know about the life cycle of sea slugs.  I'm wondering what strange and unusual things you found on the internet.

Yep my pony is a pale pale pink.  But she started out being white and I didn't like how that looked against white backgrounds. 

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 10, 2013, 07:58:50 AM »
. But he got into a accident involving a chair and a cat food dish
Good lord - a catfood dish did THAT?

I worked at walmart when I was in Alaska. The good part was they started you out at $12/hr and I got $13/hr for being inside the dairy cooler for 9 hrs a day but OMG it SUCKD. There are so many levels of managers and you could never find the one you needed, they scheduled you whenever they wanted - basically at orientation and the intervies they tell you want you want to hear and about how great they are to work for-blah blah blah..but when you actually need something..nope. they dont give a rats ass. I needed 2 weeks off for my grandmothers funeral, in NY. I wasnt there long enough for a LOA and the store manager was the only one who could authroize 2 weeks off. He said "NO, if I was going to be gone more then 3 days to march myself straight into HR and tell them I quit because walmart only wants employees who are willing to work." It takes about 24 hours to get from Alaska to NY with layovers and crap. No way in hell I could do it in 3 days. Plus, if you have to transfer in chicago - you got a good change of a weather delay.  :enraged:
For the 2nd largest walmart in the USA, they are HORRIBLE

Daiyu said on the 3rd she had the flu and was going to ship this week.
My cousin works at Target in WI.  Although they are much better about giving time off  (which is really good since she's had a lot of medical issues) their scheduling is horrible! Sometimes she works at 6am, sometimes she doesn't go in until the evening, some of her shifts are only for 3 hours. Her mom is pushing her to find a job with a more reliable schedule, but I think she'll just put up with it until she gets pushed out of the nest (she still lives at home).

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2389 on: April 10, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »
I just got back from my walk and I decided to swing by my old place to check out how flooded it is/ get my mail... By some miraculous deed, I got my GST cheque early!!!

I will be shipping out today!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 10, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »
I just got back from my walk and I decided to swing by my old place to check out how flooded it is/ get my mail... By some miraculous deed, I got my GST cheque early!!!

Yay! :]. Glad you are able to ship!

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 10, 2013, 11:08:09 AM »

Woo Hoo! Surprises like that are great.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 10, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »
Lol, I am glad this has been so enlightening.  Everyone needs to know about the life cycle of sea slugs.  I'm wondering what strange and unusual things you found on the internet.
Well I learned that you can buy fossils and dino poop on the internet. Whether I did buy it or not is a complete mystery, but I found it interesting that people sell that sort of thing on the internet. As a kid I loved Egypt and fossils, they always seemed like a far away dream, but now I know I can buy a piece of "history" from the internet. I also learned about the variety of sea slugs and how beautiful they can really be. When I thought sea slug I imagine some slimy gross lump drifting through the ocean waves, but these are more like colorful hovercraft with dust ruffle skirts. On my wanders into a craft show I met a guy who does blown glass sea creatures and I asked him to look into sea slugs and see if he could make those. I told him he would be very popular with his craft if he could make some. My husband met a kind old lady that day and he sat with her for a hour or so talking about painting roses and flowers. We wouldn't have gone to the craft show if I hadn't been looking for items for your box. So it really did change my life doing things for your collections.
Yep my pony is a pale pale pink.  But she started out being white and I didn't like how that looked against white backgrounds. 
I can understand white on white would sort of bleed into each other.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2393 on: April 10, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »
I have shipped out... Cost me an arm and a leg, but I shipped out!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 10, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »
Just want to apologise that I haven't been here very much! It's some RL stuff and all that jazz. I've still got to post my amazing brag, hopefully I'll have time to do that tomorrow!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Emberfly

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 10, 2013, 09:47:21 PM »

That is good news CT, yay!!!  I got my cheque today, too.  I never pay attention to when they're supposed to come.  If I ever want to know, I ask my sister.  :lol:

Can't wait to see the last few brags. :)
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 11, 2013, 03:01:46 AM »
Thats awsome CT :cheer:

Still no package for me  :cry: I haven't any mail in like a week, not even junk mail. How depressing is that?

their scheduling is horrible! Sometimes she works at 6am, sometimes she doesn't go in until the evening, some of her shifts are only for 3 hours. Her mom is pushing her to find a job with a more reliable schedule, but I think she'll just put up with it until she gets pushed out of the nest (she still lives at home).

Walmart did that to me too even though i said I can only do these days and times NO exceptions. They would schedule me to start at 5 AM, other nights they would schedule me off at 3 AM...

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 11, 2013, 04:49:03 AM »
I went out today and brought a load of sweets that we have here that are not available it other country's so that if we need to make some replacement boxes I can sent the who ever is making them so sweets and some $$ to help cover postage of another box xxx

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 11, 2013, 06:04:38 AM »
I've also bought some things now to include in a replacement box of needed.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 11, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
I shipped today to Marigold!!! Will be arriving Monday to you hun!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal