collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RANDOM SWAP - *COMPLETED*  (Read 78927 times)

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM "other collections" SWAP - START SHOPPING!
« Reply #870 on: February 05, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »
"Dear partner, here in AZ we have a rennesaince festival that comes every year and is opening next week. Would you like an extra from there? They have little sculptures, jewelry, knick knacks, etc. "

Yes! Maybe something made out of chainmail? Or a pretty head-wreath.
Oooh I love those headwreaths too!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 05, 2013, 04:03:44 PM »
Dear partner, here in AZ we have a rennesaince festival that comes every year and is opening next week. Would you like an extra from there? They have little sculptures, jewelry, knick knacks, etc.

Oh my god yes! O:

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #872 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
is there a cap price on this swap?
i know some have them, some don't.
i was in a 15 to 20$ swap. ended up spending over 40... and my box still looked pathetic.

oh forgot. as far as paper products go. i prefer spiral to perfect bound.
yah know for sketch or notebooks. etc. might be fun thing to get from another country.

oh i'm totally ok will moving from the "main collections" if my partner has something they really love and want to share. who know, it might spark a new collection, but again. no spiders or zombies.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:20:41 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 05, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
i was in a 15 to 20$ swap. ended up spending over 40... and my box still looked pathetic.

I'm not sure. I don't think it's been mentioned.

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM \"other collections\" SWAP - START SHOPPING!
« Reply #874 on: February 05, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »
Dear partner, here in AZ we have a rennesaince festival that comes every year and is opening next week. Would you like an extra from there? They have little sculptures, jewelry, knick knacks, etc.
Probably not, I'm not really into that kind of stuff.

Question! Do you like stationary items of your collections? For example, if you collect a certain animal would you like a notebook or something with that animal on it?
Not notebooks, but note cards or paper with cats or watering cans would be nice.

If you collect "dogs" or "cats", do you want EVERYTHING with the animal?? like figures, stickers, pens.. you name it.. or is there something you dont want with it?
I think I answered this with the cow question, but just in case-I'm really only looking for the things I mentioned in my wishlist. For example, I collect Snoopy mugs, but not any other snoopy merchandise. I have little elephants figures with their trunks up, but I don't want elephant pens, toys, etc. The only stickers I want are cat stickers.

Post Merge: February 05, 2013, 04:19:17 PM

I don't think one was mentioned.  It's usually a good idea though, otherwise someone in the $25 swap will get $25 worth of stuff, and someone else will get $40.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:19:17 PM by CrazyCatLady »

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 05, 2013, 04:22:32 PM »

I don't think one was mentioned.  It's usually a good idea though, otherwise someone in the $25 swap will get $25 worth of stuff, and someone else will get $40.
that's what i was worried about. i get a discount at work so it might look like i spent more, but i don't want to make my partner feel bad or, well feel bad myself. xP

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 05, 2013, 04:25:06 PM »
Well it's been my experience that you are welcome to overspend if you'd like, but you have to realize that your partner is not obligated to overspend for you also. I am a pleaser so I always go overboard and try to make an incredible box.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #877 on: February 05, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »

It seems late to put a spending cap on this swap. People have already started spending money and several of us have gone over the minimum. I would be pretty upset if a cap was set up and I'm already over it. 'Cause then what? Do I have to withhold something?

The cool thing about swaps is that you never know what you're going to get. People need to just appreciate what they receive and not get jealous over someone else receiving more. ^_^

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 05, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »

It seems late to put a spending cap on this swap. People have already started spending money and several of us have gone over the minimum. I would be pretty upset if a cap was set up and I'm already over it. 'Cause then what? Do I have to withhold something?

The cool thing about swaps is that you never know what you're going to get. People need to just appreciate what they receive and not get jealous over someone else receiving more. ^_^

I agree whole heartedly with that statement. I think it's neat when someone goes completely overspending happy and spoils someone. I love seeing people happy. :) I'm more happy about giving than receiving. Though getting stuff is awesome too!

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 05, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »

You're right about it being to late for the cap.  But I've seen problems in pony swaps a few years ago.  Say the limit for a swap is $10.  Some people put in only $10 worth of stuff, which is maybe one pony and a tiny bit of candy.  Someone else might spend $35.  So it can be a really big difference, and people might feel sort of let down. Hopefully that won't happen with this swap, since everyone seems to be going over.
I just realized I have no idea what I've spent on my one partner.  I've been picking up little bits and pieces every time I'm at Walmart or Meijer, and haven't been keeping track!  Oh well.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:25:26 PM by CrazyCatLady »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 05, 2013, 05:24:23 PM »
I agree with Yuru and Karrie. When you join a swap, you should know that the budget minimum may be a certain amount, but a lot of people like to go over. If you receive a box that includes things that add up to the minimum, then that's what you signed up for and you should be thankful. If your partner decides to overspend, then great. No one is obligated to overspend and no one should feel bad if their partner didn't.

That being said, I don't think a maximum spending limit is a bad idea, but since this swap is already started and a lot of people.... Including myself have gone over, I think it's too late for that in this swap.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 05, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »
xD yup too late. i don't feel bad if they didn't go over. i just feel guilty if they did... is that weird.
i love receiving kindness and i appreciate everything i've gotten at swaps, but i don't want my partner to feel cheated by comparison... does that make sense? like if i only went over by 5$ and they went over by 20$
i'm trying to find a good balance, put everything i've been planning, but not make it look like i signed up for the 40$ swap.

don't get me wrong though. everyone can put as much into the box as they want. spoil me.
but one of favorite things is giving so i like to give back as much as i received.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:34:12 PM by rosierjay »

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #882 on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:53 PM »
I don't feel too bad about possibly going over... If it happens, it happens :)

Offline Emberfly

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 05, 2013, 06:53:46 PM »
I agree with Yuru and Karrie. When you join a swap, you should know that the budget minimum may be a certain amount, but a lot of people like to go over. If you receive a box that includes things that add up to the minimum, then that's what you signed up for and you should be thankful. If your partner decides to overspend, then great. No one is obligated to overspend and no one should feel bad if their partner didn't.

That being said, I don't think a maximum spending limit is a bad idea, but since this swap is already started and a lot of people.... Including myself have gone over, I think it's too late for that in this swap.

Well said.  I expect $40 of goodies in my box, which is going to spoil me rotten, and not a lick more.  I know that, for many, money is tight and I'd feel bad if someone spent more on me than they could afford.  I've been there very recently.

I'm happy to say that I didn't go over hardly at all in my swap box, which is awesome since I thought I had. :)  I got some smokin' deals on ebay and a couple private sellers, so I'm very happy with the box.  Some items are more expensive than others, I could have chosen to get only one or two things for my partner but I chose to get more, less expensive smaller things.  I could have gone either way.

Now for the Answers to the Latest Questions (which can also be found on my wish list):

Sure, I've never been, don't know much about them but it sounds like something I'd be interested in.  I'm trying to cut down on knick knacks but if it's great, I'll find the room and love to look at it.  If you find something that you think is great, I'm sure I will, too. :)

Question! Do you like stationary items of your collections? For example, if you collect a certain animal would you like a notebook or something with that animal on it?

Yes, I have lots of journals that are empty but that doesn't mean I won't like another.  I may actually use this one. ;)  I like all things stationary but don't feel the need to hunt something down for me.

If you collect "dogs" or "cats", do you want EVERYTHING with the animal?? like figures, stickers, pens.. you name it.. or is there something you dont want with it?

Yup, everything, right down to knickers. ;)  Heck, I once bought Smurf lip gloss cause I like Papa Smurf and he was on the packaging.  The lip gloss was gross, though.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:43:25 PM by Emberfly »
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 05, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »
Yay, two things for my partner so far :)  I usually go over the spending minimum for swaps, because I see that amount as just that--a minimum.  That said, I don't see going over the minimum as a requirement, but I just like spoiling my partner. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal