collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite Music?  (Read 3118 times)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Favorite Music?
« on: June 18, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »
What king of music do you like? Who are your favorite bands/artists?
Types/Genres:
Dubstep and House are my life, electronica, techno, all that fun stuff. Alternative is okay, too.
Bands/Musicians:
I have an obsession with The Living Tombstone, I also like Daft Punk, Skrillex, DeadMau5, C418, OfficialDJPon3, WoodenToaster, JackleApp, occasionally Gorillaz and Vocaloid. 

Also, I hate most popular music (by that I mean music that is popular outside of the internet) . Enough about me, what do you like to listen to?

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Music?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 05:53:02 PM »
I was really into electronic music for the last year/year and a half. Dubstep, techno, house, trance, etc. Lately, I have been listening to what one of my best friends refers to as "stoner rock" (haha): Kyuss, Earthless, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, My Brother The Wind... stuff like that. There are a few more that I can't think of right now. I still listen to electronic quite a bit, though. :)

I too am not a big fan of pop, although occasionally you will catch me listening to a bit of Katy Perry... >_>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:55:21 PM by TwistedWindSox »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
It varies greatly depending on my mood.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

sarafina

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 05:59:09 PM »
The Beatles are my favorite band of all time...I lived and breathed their music for years and years.  I've seen Paul McCartney live three times and Ringo Starr twice.  I'm still a die-hard fan but am not as obsessed as I was in high school. 

The Beatles were my gateway to all other music...Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Joni Mitchell, and the Grateful Dead are some of my other all-time favorite bands/musicians.  I lean more toward classic rock, and lately I've been nostalgic and have been listening to some classic 90s songs. ;)  I'm a fan of a huge variety of music, though, and I listen to everything from Nine Inch Nails to Enya. 

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »
I like mostly all types of metal. Children of bodom, Salth the Wound, Whitechapel, 3 Inches of blood, Iron Maiden, Lamb of God, Satyricon, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, and Sonata Arctica are a few of my favorites.

But I also like lots of artists that aren't metal, such as The Movielife, Xzibit (long before he became a meme), Bouncing souls, There for tomorrow, gorillaz, Aesop rock, Public enemy, Kansas... I can honestly go on forever :P
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »
Death metal mostly or oldschool thrash, with an appreciation for weird stuff.

My favorite bands are Septicflesh, Decapitated (early and "new"), Trauma, Sadist, The Crown (early only, screw them now), Kataklysm, Eluveitie.

One of my favorite bands is very avant garde sort-of-not-really-metal :P They're called Angizia and I just LOVE them. I also never get tired of old Skinny Puppy, Tool and Alice in Chains. Those are staples of my audio diet :)

Links? Links!
Septicflesh
Sadist
Angizia

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 07:25:06 AM »
I mainly like punk, older metal and "alternative" rock, heavy but melodic metal, indie rock, and downtempo music.  I also have a preference for non-mainstream rap and hip hop (stuff that actually has a message or art behind it, not just money, guns, rims, and sex - although it's fun to listen to sometimes.)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »
Types of music I like are Contemporary Christian, oldies, various soundtracks, a few modern hits

Specific bands/singers I like: Petra, Newsboys, PFR, Twila Paris, Avalon (the way they used to be not the way they are now), Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, Casting Crowns, Wes King, Carman, Weird Al

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 09:15:24 AM »
Genres would have to be Country, some pop, very little rap, classical, popera, etc but what I play depends on my mood or activities going on and my mood

My favorite artist would have to be Josh Groban and Michael Buble.  Love it!

I also love to dance, so anything with a good beat or whatnot is something I'll love.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 10:59:38 AM »
It varies, I like a wide range of things.

Tyically, rock, oldschool dance/electric and calming nature type (if not instrumental then things like enya or lorrena mckennit)music are amung my favourites but theres a lot more that I like^^

Bands...im big for Nickelback and anything similar to that. I like Within Temptation too..theyve got a good mix of what I like :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Balto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mlptalesnut
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 11:50:47 AM »
I guess you could categorize most of my music taste under the umbrella of alternative rock. I also enjoy a bit of electronic/techno stuff here and there, some synthpop, britpop, goth, and a bunch of indie stuff, mostly from the UK.

As for bands, my top 3 favorites shuffle between Radiohead, The Horrors, and The Cure. Right now I'm on a total Radiohead kick after waiting 6 hours to get front row for my first show from them a few weeks ago. :D Diehard fan... I guess you could say I'm approaching that status.
Thanks to Moonflower for the avatar!

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 12:06:13 PM »
I'm really into jazz and gypsy folk, that makes up about 90% of what I listen to. Gypsy folk is easily summed up as jazz influenced eastern European folk music, and sounds somethin' like this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4vO-cgymRI

My favourite musician is Kate Davis, she's a jazz vocalist and strings bassist who bounces between Portland and New York. For someone so young, she has a lot of talent. She's definitely going to make a name for herself in jazz communities. Here she is performing when she was 18; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpxI3GMi298

She's only 20 now, but she's surprisingly good for someone so young.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »
I listen to anything from classical music to metal depending on my mood :P Aslong as the song is good I don't mind what genre it belongs to.

However my favourite one is what they call melodic rock / gothic rock... well heavens know how many names there are to describe it.

Love bands such as: Sonata Arctica, Lunatica, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Sirenia, Evanescence, Avantasia and Delain. That is what I mostly listen to anyway even though I can listen to the odd Beethoven, Pink or Eminem aswell :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 04:13:22 PM »
I'm a big country fan :) but I can enjoy other types (basically anything on the variety/soft rock stations). My fav band is Blue Rodeo.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »
I listen to anything from classical music to metal depending on my mood :P Aslong as the song is good I don't mind what genre it belongs to.

However my favourite one is what they call melodic rock / gothic rock... well heavens know how many names there are to describe it.

Love bands such as: Sonata Arctica, Lunatica, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Sirenia, Evanescence, Avantasia and Delain. That is what I mostly listen to anyway even though I can listen to the odd Beethoven, Pink or Eminem aswell :P

Ooh, you and I have very similar taste! :D

I love melodic/gothic/symphonic/rock/metal/whateveryoucallit, with female vocalists. Leaves' Eyes, Delain, Nemesea, Within Temptation and Nightwish are my favourites. I also listen to more regular rock like Garbage and Placebo. And I like electronica, particularly synthpop/electropop/futurepop (why don't any of the genres I listen to have clearly-defined names...), like Assemblage 23, VNV Nation and Ashbury Heights. Aaand then I also like neo-medieval, celtic and folk rock--Blackmore's Night, Loreena McKennitt, Faun. AND THEN there's dance/pop for when I need energy: Kerli, Adam Lambert, Natalia Kills... :heart:

But my all-time fave band is The Birthday Massacre (synthrock band, so they're basically everything I love).

I'm a music addict :ninja: I'll stop now.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal