collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wisdom tooth experiences?  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Wisdom tooth experiences?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 03:37:26 PM »
Dairy foods are not a good idea- they can actually cause infections. It's better if you stick to icy products. One thing that I had was lots of Pedialyte (don't drink the Pineapple- it will burn).

Seriously!?  My grandma stuffed me full of soft cheeses and ice cream!  I guess I got lucky not to have any infections!  :(
Dairy products have small particles that can get caught in the wound and cause infections. I remember hearing something else about the pathogens in them, but I can't find anything on it right now.

:O really? I was on fromage frais and tea for a week! Will have to find something else for after my next dentist visit with any work.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
I've never heard not the eat dairy, or that it's any worse at having particles get stuck in the wound than anything else...where can I find information on this?

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »
I had medicine sewn into my mouth that made me exhausted so I slept for days. And they gave me painkillers... Be sure to rinse well with warm salt water to rid yourself of that awful blood taste.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »
Update: Tooth is out and I'm doing well. The actual procedure wasn't bad at all. I had laughing gas and novacane so I couldn't feel anything. When they wore off I was pretty sore but they prescribed hydrocodone and I alternate that with ibuprofen. I have iced it too which helps a little. The bleeding has stopped and started so I'm trying to stick to eating pudding and mashed potatoes. I'm still a little sore when I chew stuff. All in all I'm doing much better and I can't wait to eat regular food again!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 06:54:25 AM »
Glad to hear you're doing well!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »
I'm glad it went well :) I was put under to have my 4 out. I was a little sore and stayed in bed for a couple days, and just drank Boost and water (couldn't eat). Took a little while for my bruising to go away, but I bruise easy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal