collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where to find pony clothes for kids?  (Read 493 times)

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
Where to find pony clothes for kids?
« on: August 15, 2016, 12:03:22 PM »
A friend of mine messaged me this morning, as I'm the resident pony fan and she, well, not so much lol. Unfortunately, this time I couldn't really help her out. Apparently her five year old son is in LOVE with the friendship is magic series, and as five year old kids do he wants clothes to match his current likes.

So here is the question; where could she look to find pony shirts for a five year old that don't look too girly? (He's starting school soon and she's heard the stories of kids being bullied over MLP, so she's worried). I checked out We Love Fine earlier, since I've bought some of their designs before, but their section for kids was seriously lacking.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Where to find pony clothes for kids?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:10:48 PM »
you could always look on redbubble! its got fan-made designs and i believe you can get kids sizes on almost anything.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 12:45:04 PM »
I've seen pony shirts for kids at Target, h&m, Kmart, and Walmart. Not sure what's in each store at the moment. But I think all of it is pretty girly...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 12:49:30 PM »
Any store  that sells clothes
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 02:15:14 PM »
A friend of mine messaged me this morning, as I'm the resident pony fan and she, well, not so much lol. Unfortunately, this time I couldn't really help her out. Apparently her five year old son is in LOVE with the friendship is magic series, and as five year old kids do he wants clothes to match his current likes.

So here is the question; where could she look to find pony shirts for a five year old that don't look too girly? (He's starting school soon and she's heard the stories of kids being bullied over MLP, so she's worried). I checked out We Love Fine earlier, since I've bought some of their designs before, but their section for kids was seriously lacking.

I would buy we love fine shirts in adult sizes..and then look for a small business to alter the size..it shouldent cost too much to do that. Maybe she knows a friend that knows how to sew and alter clothes.

:accomplished:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 03:40:19 PM »
Your best bet is to go online to Teepublic or Redbubble or something like that.  I think I have seen young kids around 8-10 or so wearing MLP shirts with fan made designs that aren't super girly like the shirts they have in stores.

Another option could be to get one of the dog tags from Enterplay with his favorite characters on it.  It might be better to test the waters with something like that before going with a shirt.  At that age other kids may not care, but kids learn how to ostracize pretty quickly.

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 07:30:05 PM »
Thank you for all the suggestions and ideas. I've passed all the info along to her and it sounds like they have found some designs that everyone in the family can agree on.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal