collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Finances & Quarantine  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Finances & Quarantine
« on: July 02, 2020, 08:17:31 AM »
My finances are not going very well and there are not any employers hiring because of the Quarantine.  In America the $600 per week will end this month 😢 unless the government extends it...
My older friends (in their 40s and older) are not at all affected.  My younger friends (in their 20s) were never independent so not much changed for them.
 Friends my age (in their 30s) are supported by their parents. 

My counslor told me that none of her patients have experienced financial problems.

Now I'm wondering if I am the only one affected financial from the Corona Virus Pandemic or not.
Have your finances been affected?
*Frolicking Away*

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Finances & Quarantine
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:30:21 AM »
My finances are severly affected. I work in retail in electronics and we have cut the opening hours because of the virus and since the money is in the evenings and weekends and those are gone now, my paycheck had drained magnificently even though I still maintain my contracted hours. I was also laid off in february and offered to return to less amount of hours and is therefor entitled to unemployment for the percentage of work I have lost. But since so many people are affected by Covid, the handling time is about seven weeks. But just for the sake of it, I am long overdue and is still waiting for the first unemployment payment.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 12:56:51 PM »
Tons of people have their finances effected, it does matter which industry you're in but the unemployment rate is very high right now, I'm surprised your counselor had such little exposure to the economic effects.
I've been roughly the same but I live at home, am a college student, and work at a grocery store. We did get a bit of a bonus pay for a bit but I don't think it was extended through July.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 09:48:00 PM »
No, I can promise you that with 30 million+ unemployed, you aren't the only one experiencing financial hardship or anxiety, hun. Just because your counselor said they don't know anyone who isn't, doesn't mean that you're the only one. I think it might have been a bit insensitive of your counselor to say that. I would hope they are usually more empathetic toward you?

The economy is going into a strategic depression. Many are feeling a lot of pain. Recruiters are telling me that jobs are pretty unpredictable right now - 3 out of 4 that come through close without hiring anyone, or go on hold. Many employers are jumpy and hesitant, not only to bring on new people, but their entire process is disrupted. For example, one company I know has been unable to perform routine pre-employment drug screening because the facilities were deemed non-essential and shut down.

We will all get through this. But yes, times are hard. I see you working hard to maintain a positive outlook but the current climate can also be confusing and scary. Hang in there, SS. Commit to applying to the jobs you find, and maybe ask yourself if there are creative ways you could earn online - if you're crafty, perhaps consider selling on Etsy? I'm thinking of you :)

Offline Satin Slipper

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 11:41:38 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8578435/amp/Trump-pleads-Dems-agree-extend-600-week-unemployment-boost-24-hours-expires.html

I just read that and have mixed emotions.  I dont want to get my hopes up but I desperately do need money coming in...  :shocked:  :lookround: :lookround: :shocked: :blink:
*Frolicking Away*

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 10:13:37 PM »
No, your not alone. Many people have been affected in some way or another. I am furloughed at the moment, which is an interesting and odd thing all in itself. This is the longest I have ever been without working since I entered the job world when I was 18 (currently 40). I have a job, I just can't go to my job or do my job. The positive side for us, is that my husband is still actively employed and working the usual 40 hour week. You are not alone in feeling some anxiety about this. We are financially "okay" for now, but I do have some potential concerns financially down the road.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 10:22:03 PM »
My finances are very much affected! I work at a school as a lunch supervisor, but with schools closed...well, I’m lucky to live with my parents. But this does make it harder for me to earn enough money to get something for when I go to university. And my family has been affected. Nobody’s lost their jobs (thank stars) but dads hours have been reduced.
     We’re safe for now, just a bit tight. I worry about my future if this continues though. The consequences of covid will last for years, and these are the years when I’m just starting. I don’t need money now, but what will it be like when I do need it? Will my future financially be okay? Will my future health and safety wise be okay?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 08:00:49 AM »
No but my circumstances are different then most.

1) I live in China and my salary is similar to what I would get if I was in New York BUT the cost of living here is SOO much cheaper because the average wages are significantly lower. Plus I do not pay for my apartment. Its provided for by the school.

2) I keep about 99% of my monthly salary and I was already saving up for several months before COVID because I was planning to spend 3 months in Japan after leaving China (in March) but that obviously didn't happen. This whole time, I have been biding my time and earning extra money for whenever the hell I can get outta here. Only for Feb. did I have a low salary because I didn't work the whole month and was paid the average local salary which is $200 for the MONTH.

3) The kids here were out of school from January - June, went back to school for a month and are now on summer vacation till September. Although this varies by grade level and city. High school kids only have a month off - August and primary students in Beijing have been out of school since January.

My counslor told me that none of her patients have experienced financial problems.
how rich are her patients?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:11:07 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 11:01:32 AM »
I think I've been fairly lucky (if you can call it luck) I work in a restaurant.. so I did get layed off for about 2 months, because they didnt need a full kitchen when we only had curbside open. I work full time kitchen wages (which arnt much but its livable, for my situation at least) Iv been back to work for like a month now? Its so hard to keep track of time anymore. Considerably, my bills are not very high, I have to live with my mom, because she cant live on her own, so we share our house mortgage and bills, and on top of that I just have my car and insurance payments, which are not high. I am dreading the possible re closure, but also understand its necessity.

If i lived on my own, with my son, in my own fully owned home or rented apartment, there would have been no way I could have financially supported myself and my son while I had been layoff, even with the $600
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 02:18:52 PM »
I am self-employed and work 100% online (and so do most of my clients) so I haven't really been affected financially by the pandemic, although I did have a few slow weeks this July but it was entirely my own fault. My mom is retired now as well so overall everything in my household is the same as always.
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal