Pony Talk > Off Topic

Do you bird?

<< < (12/12)

invaderhorizongreen:
I had to stop feeding my birds, due to a marsh hawk showing up, and trying to eat them.

Gator:
Ruby throated hummingbirds are migrating across North America!  After weeks of watching the feeder, had our first guest arrive today in Georgia, southeast United States.  So excited.

Artemesia's Garden:
Yes I used to like drawing and painting birds a lot when I was a kid and I know can identify most British birds. I'm not so good with bird calls however. I haven't been out bird watching in so long and really miss it.

Post Merge: March 29, 2020, 05:04:33 PM

--- Quote from: bright rabbit 1 on September 26, 2019, 02:09:54 PM ---

Well on holiday in Great Yarmouth there was this thing near the market with birds like owls, eagle, and Australian bird (can’t think of the name).

I saw the eagle eat a mouse (luckily my mum didn’t see it otherwise she would of screamed. She stayed away with Honey in her dog stroller because dogs won’t allowed near them).

--- End quote ---

Was it these guys? They used to send me owl pellets for teaching.

SunPony:
Gator, Congrats on your first little visitor, and thanks for the reminder!  I should get my feeder up soon.  I want to be ready :) 

This is the first time I saw this thread, but YES I love watching birds!  I've done Project FeederWatch, when I used to live in a more rural area where I could have lots of feeders.  I only feed a few specific birds now, a Carolina wren pair and a robin pair that are nesting by my house, and the hummingbird feeder.  Ah, this is kind of morbid but I also prepare dead bird skins for a museum, so I...know them very intimately...  :crazy:

Koudoawaia:
I haven't done it in years but for awhile when I was 11, my dad and I would go bird watching with the owner of the local wild bird store every Saturday morning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version