collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic fun Celestial Ponies  (Read 2847 times)

Offline xCharx

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Basic fun Celestial Ponies
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2022, 04:54:43 AM »
I am so happy! :lol: This is so much more exciting than all the re-releases. So many collectors have dreamed of these being made  :sunny: In the original artwork they have quite long legs, which made me think they would be in the Pony Bride pose if ever produced, but that would mean they're all in the same pose which would be boring. I'm very relieved they did not pick the Sweetheart Sister poses because I don't like those.

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2022, 07:58:53 AM »
Yes! I am incredibly happy that we ended up getting Celestial Ponies afterall, after all of these years. I will most definitely be grabbing these at some point.

They look gorgeous, too, so nicely designed.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2022, 08:57:55 AM »
If Basic Fun are still watching the collector community, I hope they see this thread and the similar related discussions and realise how much we are all excited about this :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2022, 09:33:42 AM »
I love them & will be buying obviously, and not to look a gift horse in the mouth (lol) but to echo what others have said - hoping we get the fourth as well, a little sad about Tootsie pose, and wish the pink bodied pony had more Medley coloured hair than Firefly. Collectors have done such a good job over the years reconceptualising/making them that I feel a bit spoiled!! :P But these are not fully done so let's wait and see... and hope for widescale distro

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2022, 09:40:00 AM »
ohhhhhh this is exciting... I really hope they make it over to the shops where I live so I don't have to order online. They look so good, I'm super excited!!

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 12:07:59 PM »
I'm excited to learn about this and I hope that I can manage to get at least one celestial pony! :)
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 01:02:59 PM »
She just put her video up!  So grateful she got these pics and interview.

xcanadensis

https://youtu.be/_UFV-jemW24

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 01:14:13 PM »
Omg this is so awesome!!! I haven't bought G1 merchandise in years but I will definitely be buying these. They're so gorgeous!!

You know, I can only assume they're putting out this set specifically because of the G1 pony collecting community. We are the ones who talk about this set, share the production art, make our own versions, and generally keep knowledge of these ponies alive. It's so awesome to see something new for us!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2022, 01:20:09 PM »
That was super interesting. I do like the idea of sets for the shows, even though I'm not so show orientated. Less moved on the idea of store exclusives since in G3 that was very problematic for overseas folks. Hope they're thinking of that for their export products...

I don't mind if the pink celestial pony happens and is in CJ's pose. I've come to love it.

The shade of hair on the darker pink celestial is quite pretty, a bit more teal under the light?

The plushes are adorable. I need one to put on my (already completely lacking in space) bed.

Basic Fun listen to us, Hasbro don't. There lies the difference in a nutshell. BF are trying to market stuff that they think will be popular and so they pay attention to the fanbase. Hasbro are off in their own world of Equestria and mane 6 still, even despite G5. It's a world of difference.

May many young kids be bewitched by those softie plushies next year.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2022, 03:08:07 PM »
Thanks for linking to the vid :) So the Celestials are set for an Autumn 2023 release, and they confirmed the ones w/o swirls on their faces are just an earlier prototype, that's good to hear. I hope the fourth Celestial does show up sooner or later :)

And they said they want to make Ember smaller than the others, omg! That'll be adorable ;o;

The RaMC 6-pack includes Firefly, Medley, Moondancer, AJ, Bow-Tie and Twilight, and (if I'm understanding it properly) those characters will be exclusive to that set and won't be in the blind boxes. Which is a bit confusing since I think some of them were listed on the blind box packaging they have there, but I guess the packages are still mock-ups and they haven't finalized the details on them yet? *shrug* And it sounds like they do want to make more sets after this! eeeeeeeeeee

I love the idea of cartoon-themed sets - it'd be even cooler if they could add in some of the show-only characters like Tirac, Scorpan, the witches, Queen Bumble and Sting, etc.  :biggrin: Like, if they could make sets that are mostly ponies but with one or two non-pony characters, that'd be great.

And I love the plushies <3 They're really cute. I love how they're a new design, not total 1:1 repros of the originals, but they still kept some of the original details like Moondancer's horn being gold, etc.

And re: Basic Fun listening to us - yup they totally are!! Remember the letter writing campaign we had for the Celestials back when Basic Fun first started making retro ponies? :lovey: I guess they had to make sure there was actually a market for ponies (which of course there is, but you know how toy people work :P) before they did anything new?

Man, I was disappointed that they didn't have any releases planned for this year back when they first told us that, but now I don't mind at all if this is what they've got in store for us next year!! Guess they wanted to take the year off to work on making next year's releases really shine ^^

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2022, 03:11:08 PM »
This is really cool! That Basic Fun would be able to release an unreleased series is quite incredible! I was afraid that the MLPs would eventually stop coming but it looks like there's enough of a market for them to not only keep them up but also take such a big step as this!

|My Collection|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2022, 03:21:30 PM »
The video has so much GREAT info, seriously watch it if you have a minute! 

Yeah, I think the write-in campaign to Basic Fun a few years ago is how they learned about the Celestials!  In the video the Basic Fun rep said something like "We are listening when collectors, people who love the brand, write us notes".  Huuuuge thanks to everyone who wrote in, the community really made this happen!  (Well, the community plus Basic Fun!)  BIG THANK YOU to everyone who wrote in!  We did it!

The girl making the video also mentions that, even though she had a press pass to the event, most companies simply would not let her in their booths and some were rude about it . . . but Basic Fun welcomed her in and gave her a tour and were nice.  Which is an attitude that goes well with MLP and Care Bears. <3

The Basic Fun rep talked about how they are planning on Amazon being the main distributor, but the Target buyer hadn't come buy yet so possibly they would want them too.

The Celestial pony box is a very early mock up, so early that it doesn't even have pictures of ponies on the back.  But this is what the side looks like:

So, I don't think the finished box will show the white pony four times (unless they REALLY want you to collect only her, lol), I think those are just placeholder pictures.  To me this suggests they will release the entire set of four ponies.

Here's the front of the box, isn't it lovely . . .

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 03:25:12 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2022, 03:24:28 PM »
Ooooh I missed that the box has a name on it! So the white one's name is Aurora? :o

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2022, 04:40:42 PM »
HUGE SHOUT OUT THANKS for the video reporting!  Yay for Amazon getting the order I will gladly wait to Fall 2023 and please please please Basic Fun I hope ya read these boards = do a sugarberry pose for a pony pose all pink celestial in a sugarberry pose IMO would be devine :)  (and that way can redo sugarberry pose for serena for a future princess pony release, yes??!)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:42:34 PM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2022, 05:02:10 PM »
Wow!  They are really doing it!   :good::happy: :frolic:  :accomplished: They look so cool in real life!  I think I like the white one best but the blue one is a close second with those soothing and lovely colors.  Hopefully they will be available more than just on Amazon but if I have to I guess I could bite the bullet and order from them  :P

The blind bags are cool, they really replicated the full-size poses well.

And the plush look great - cute and cuddly and I like the embroidered eyes.  I will definitely buy at least one, maybe some more for gifts. Moondancer plush looks so good  ^.^

Thanks for posting the video and the pics!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 05:10:07 PM by SunPony »
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal