collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why Nirvanas?  (Read 2940 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Why Nirvanas?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
It's the appeal that they're not from here... They're just so different and pretty.
For example, I have 10 parasols, they're all US releases, all look the same, blah. But now an Italian Parasol will stand out from the rest, an offset eye, long hair, italy on the foot... It's the imperfections that get me.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »
i prefer italians because i do not like glitter symbols :) and i love the country  :P
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:43 PM »
I absolutely love the Argie babies and the best part is they're not that unreasonably expensive!  I hope I can get someone like Baby Confetti or Baby Sparkler....that would be great, a pony you could never get in North America at all! 

LOOK WHAT YOUR FORUM HAS DONE TO ME

(Will post when I am "one of you" with my first nirvana!!)

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »
My reasons: Some are subtly prettier like the Italians, while others, like Argie Baby Cotton Candy who has green hair and a first-tooth, are just so different and cool my childhood grabby-hands come out! Others too, are babies my childhood ponies never had, like Baby Sparkler. Variants are so cool too, like I just love how my French CC has white hair, she looks so lovely that way...

Offline jjponies

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 06:55:25 PM »
I had most of the US released ponies. My first "nirvana" was Italian Medley! I fell in love with the geography of where the ponies are from. I also love how many varieties of US ponies there are. Italians are probably my favorite. But I do collect from everywhere! I quickly became obsessed! It is just so fun! Soon I will be getting my first pony from Venezuela! It's my goal to have at least one pony from every place that they were made. Although I probably won't be able to afford one from South Africa. All well, we all need goals right?! I also like how different they can be! I've been collecting nirvana's for years now, and they definately outnumber my original US collection by far!:)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 02:40:43 AM »
Interesting topic! I live in Norway, and many of the german versions of the ponies were sold in Scandivia as well. One of my favs as a kid was baby Gusty (that my sister owned) and I really, really wanted a baby Ribbon. When I got older (re:grown-up) and really wanted to supplement my childhood collection with baby Ribbon I had quite a shock. Because the only thing that came up in all my ebaby searches were these strange (and to me then: hidieous!) look-a-like baby ponies! That was the BBE's and I'd never seen one before. I always thought that baby Gusty and baby Ribbon and all the other NBBE's looked the same all over the world.

So for me, at that time - the real "nirvanas" was actually the US versions... they looked so strange and weird to me!

I know that the NBBEs really isn't Nirvana per se today either, but it got me into looking for ponies from other countries and finding that even though the US never released a version of a pony I really would love to have - another country might have. Which is the case with i.e.  baby Posey (one of my grails and I still don't have her...). Or finding that another version of a US pony is just so incredibly beautiful - like the birthflowers or my very first Nirvana; Macau Jenny.

It just opens up the possibilities!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal