collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro releases new Jem dolls!  (Read 4551 times)

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro releases new Jem dolls!
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »
I want that air guitar!     
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
Yeah I'm hoping this price is just for the exclusive and the regular dolls will be less, but I know that some of these high end lines can be pricey (like tonner).

I REALLLY hope that the price point is lower for the actual doll line. I love love love the doll but $125 is wayyyy to high. I was expecting 50-60, and that's high for me. >.<

Will she be for sale on Hasbro Toy Shop .com or the doll vendor site?
~Foxtale~

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
Am I the only one who wants that Jem costume?  Even the manniquin it's on looks truly outrageous:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »

I REALLLY hope that the price point is lower for the actual doll line. I love love love the doll but $125 is wayyyy to high. I was expecting 50-60, and that's high for me. >.<

And she is going for BIN $200+ on ebay right now  :huh:

Am I the only one who wants that Jem costume?  Even the manniquin it's on looks truly outrageous:)

I want the too  :biggrin:

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »

One of the press releases said if there were left-overs they'd be on Hasbrotoyshop. 

Yeah I want to know more about the costumes and air guitar, they're awesome!

Appleseed

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
Also hoping the retail price is more affordable for someone like me. I also hope she comes in different outfits. I've always known about Jem, but I just started watching the show today! :D It's great.

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 12:04:24 AM »
Did Jem sale well at the convention? I read somewhere that she sold out on the second day. However I'm not sure if my source is reliable. I'm not finding a lot of information about sales online. I love those costumes.

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 06:23:31 AM »
Did Jem sale well at the convention? I read somewhere that she sold out on the second day. However I'm not sure if my source is reliable. I'm not finding a lot of information about sales online. I love those costumes.

There have been two stories about this. 1 - Hasbro set a limit each day and sold out.  2 - That there wasn't a limit each day and she officially sold out completely some time Saturday.  It's been pretty confusing trying to figure out, but either way I'd say she was popular.  I've been trying to find out if anything was said about the line at a panel, but no luck yet. 

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »
Sorry, non-doll house person jumping into a well established thread!

So who ended up buying her?? I did (well technically Prismatic did for me) but I won't have her until I get to San Diego in September. 

I just wanted to speculate about the future of this line?  Do you think that it will continue on?  Are all the dolls going to be this expensive, or more?  If so how many do you think would get made, to me it seems like a very limited appeal line, I mean for starters to want her, you'd have to have been into a toy that got cancelled 20 odd years ago, and then ontop of that, you'd have to still collect toys now, plus be willing to spend over $100 on a doll.  It just seems to me, this is not a line that is going to go far.  But maybe they aren't making many of each doll?

How many characters do you think they will make.  I assume all the holograms and the misfits, will they make Video and Dance (I think Dance would be a stunning doll in this line)?  Will the men get made?   How about the Stingers? 

Just wanted to see what more seasoned doll collectors thought on the subject, because I really have no idea.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 07:32:43 PM »
I wasn't able to get her myself, as I didn't know anyone who was going to the con.  I'd love to have her though.  I'm not sure how far the line will go, but I assume they'll all be around $100-$150ish, and they'll be limited runs.  I hope they produce at least all of the Holograms and the Misfits though, and I'd appreciate a Jem that's not a con exclusive, just so I can have the whole crew.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:32 PM »
I hope they produce at leat the full original holograms and misfits. I would love a stingers set. Personally I would love a Jem doll in not the traditonal dress, I loved the Hollywood Jem.
~Foxtale~

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 10:57:42 PM »
Sorry, non-doll house person jumping into a well established thread!

So who ended up buying her?? I did (well technically Prismatic did for me) but I won't have her until I get to San Diego in September. 

I just wanted to speculate about the future of this line?  Do you think that it will continue on?  Are all the dolls going to be this expensive, or more?  If so how many do you think would get made, to me it seems like a very limited appeal line, I mean for starters to want her, you'd have to have been into a toy that got cancelled 20 odd years ago, and then ontop of that, you'd have to still collect toys now, plus be willing to spend over $100 on a doll.  It just seems to me, this is not a line that is going to go far.  But maybe they aren't making many of each doll?

How many characters do you think they will make.  I assume all the holograms and the misfits, will they make Video and Dance (I think Dance would be a stunning doll in this line)?  Will the men get made?   How about the Stingers? 

Just wanted to see what more seasoned doll collectors thought on the subject, because I really have no idea.

Integrity dolls are typically all limited run, and sell out fairly quickly. The majority of their lines are aimed at the adult collector; so their primary customer base would be people who played with dolls like Jem 20 years ago, and now invest heavily in collecting. They have several long-running doll lines, like Fashion Royalty, Poppy Parker and Dynamite Girls.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this line continue for a while, as long as they introduce new dolls regularly, and keep up with the little details that the SDCC exclusive has. Word has it that the design team for the Jem line is made up of Jem fans, so I have no doubt they'll keep their customers happy. Congrats on getting her! I think she's gorgeous, and wish I could justify her price tag; I 'd like to branch out into more "adult collector" lines, but right now, my wallet insists that i stick with playline lol!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 11:17:25 PM »
Thanks Crimson.  I'm excited to see her in person.  Generally speaking I'm not that into dolls.  I do have MH (who doesn't) as when I saw them in person I couldn't resist.  But even as a kid I tended to be more action figures and animals toys than dolls. I couldn't help myself when I saw the photos of Jem.  I remember being really disappointed with the toy line as a kid.

I do hope they make loads of characters, but whether I can keep up with them at their price, is another question.  This time things just sort of fell into place for me getting one.  I had just sold a bunch of ponies and made heaps on them (which never happens) I was looking for something to 'treat myself' with, and then Prisimatic was heading to the con so I asked if she could try to get her for me, and she said yes.  So yay really.

I am especially looking forward to their release of Stormer and Kimber.  And like I said, I'd also like to see Dance as a doll, she wasn't my favourite character, but with that hair I think she'd be stunning.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal