collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 651
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: McDonald's ponies releasing order.  (Read 16712 times)

DJ Midli

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: McDonald's ponies releasing order.
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 03:02:36 PM »
I'll be attempting this "Customer Appreciation Set" trick during the week.  Heres hoping it works. Soo awkward for a guy to just be asking for the toys. (I might pull a "Its for my g/f card")

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »
These new ones are okay but I really like the first set better.  Thanks for the pics!  It's nice to see a side by side comparision.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Rococo

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 04:28:13 PM »
I'll be attempting this "Customer Appreciation Set" trick during the week.  Heres hoping it works. Soo awkward for a guy to just be asking for the toys. (I might pull a "Its for my g/f card")

I told my bf to ask for the "Customer Appreciation Set" and he told me later that they had no idea what in the world he was talking about. So sadly, not every McDonald location or employee is privy to this mythical and wonderful box.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 04:37:57 PM »
yeah the cashier at mine didn't know either , but the manager overhead us talking and said "yeah we got em".   the poor cashier was like ... ooookkkkk

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 04:42:45 PM »
So I went to the McD I mentioned earlier in this thread and asked which ponies they had out.  So the guy says we have all of them and asked if I was a collector, so I told him yes.  So he grabs a Mcd to go bag, goes to the back of the store for like 2 min, and then returns.  Now while I was waiting, I pull out a $20 thinking its going to cost me $16.  But when he returns he hands me the bag, and I ask if all 8 are in there--he says yes--and then tells me to take the bag--and I'm like "I don't need to pay?" and he said no.  I was like what?!  So I got all 8 for free!  Crazy!  This store is defintely my fav McDonalds.  LOL.

Rococo

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
So I went to the McD I mentioned earlier in this thread and asked which ponies they had out.  So the guy says we have all of them and asked if I was a collector, so I told him yes.  So he grabs a Mcd to go bag, goes to the back of the store for like 2 min, and then returns.  Now while I was waiting, I pull out a $20 thinking its going to cost me $16.  But when he returns he hands me the bag, and I ask if all 8 are in there--he says yes--and then tells me to take the bag--and I'm like "I don't need to pay?" and he said no.  I was like what?!  So I got all 8 for free!  Crazy!  This store is defintely my fav McDonalds.  LOL.

What a nice guy! Maybe he was a brony lol.

Offline Tinker

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bwahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »
Update for me...

Not only did the employee not know what I was talking about, but when I asked the manager about a "set" she was rude. She shifted her weight, rolled her eyes and through gritted teeth said that NO they do not carry any such thing. She gave a nasty glare to the employee and went out of view. I was like all Srsly Face on her. Dang, its three in afternoon, not lunch rush... I not demanding a first born child... I'm just asking if they have the Customer Appreciation Set... somebody needs to chill.

My only guess is I wasn't the first to ask about it or she really didn't want to be disturbed. No wonder the Jack-in-the-Box is 3x busier. Anyway, I was only able to get Rarity and Pinkie.

@apanda0622- Wish I was near yours instead of mine.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:58:00 PM by Tinker »

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 04:59:57 PM »
Two McDonalds had no idea that they were even going to be carrying ponies (and the words "customer appreciation set" made them all very puzzled), and the third one I went to only had Rarity and Pinkie. But it's a start :D

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 05:19:03 PM »
So happy! They let me buy a full set  :frolic:
Lady at the counter was super nice ^^

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:20:37 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »
Dang it, the one I hit at lunch today still had the Beanie Babies out!  (Bank and Sparks, for you fellow Ottawa people.)  I may feel the need to go McD hopping tomorrow.

I think my co-workers were more disappointed than I was today that there were no Ponies.  :P

Elf

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
Dang it, the one I hit at lunch today still had the Beanie Babies out!  (Bank and Sparks, for you fellow Ottawa people.)  I may feel the need to go McD hopping tomorrow.

I think my co-workers were more disappointed than I was today that there were no Ponies.  :P

Elf

I tried that one too! The one on Rideau was where I found Rarity and Pinkie :) The one on Elgin was also still on the bear things (though they were the nicest one that I talked to!)

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
Even though the girl at our closest McDs is very nice, I think I am going to stop at the one close to where I work to see if I can get the other 6. Or at least Rarity and Pinkie Pie.
~Jessica~ My Ponies

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 07:37:25 PM »

Elf

I tried that one too! The one on Rideau was where I found Rarity and Pinkie :) The one on Elgin was also still on the bear things (though they were the nicest one that I talked to!)
Back in the G3 days the Elgin one was always a week or two behind the others with the toys.  It's a good place to check if you're missing one or two later on.

Elf

keikokukien

Re: McDonald\'s ponies releasing order.
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »
I went with a friend to McDonald's today and as we walked in they still had the StarWars/BuildaBear stuff, but as we were leaving, I literally slammed on my breaks backing out of the parking place because they started putting up the My Little Pony display. XD;

Thing was, they wouldn't let me buy any of the My Little Pony toys....so I'm guessing that until they sell out of starwars or build a bear or whatever, they won't let me buy the new ones. :/ I'm going to be checking alot now that I know they should be out.

Post Merge: March 09, 2012, 07:50:32 PM

WHAT?! How nice! The one on Bass Rd in Macon wouldn't let me buy any of them, yet. That's so cool that he did that for you!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:50:32 PM by keikokukien »

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
I just got a full set earlier today!! For the Customer Appreciation Set you need to go to a McDonald's that is either in a mall or a Walmart. They always get shipped those sets. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal