collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dying to get my old vintage workouts on DVD  (Read 550 times)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Dying to get my old vintage workouts on DVD
« on: February 26, 2014, 01:55:37 PM »
I'm a hardcore video fitness nut. I currently own about 65 DVDs/CDs after a huge purge of what I didn't want/need/use anymore. I've had hundreds over the years. Anyway, I don't have a VCR anymore, but a lot of my old favorites are on YouTube. I don't know how to make DVDs, but I want them so badly. Because of my small space and how the room is set up, it's impossible for me to use the computer to do a workout. I need actual DVDs. I don't have fancy computer software and my phone is an old school one without Internet. I'd ask for some help, but I think it would just be too hard for me to understand. Is there a company that would burn some DVD-R's for me? I'm guessing the answer is probably no because of copyrights. :( Of course they would be for my own personal use, so I wouldn't be sharing them or making any money. I just want my old Denise Austin workouts back. Hew newer ones are okay, but I miss the ones I did as a teen in the 90s. I've written letters, but the problem with old workouts is that a lot of the time people don't know who owns the rights to them anymore. That means they'll probably never be converted to DVD.

Is this an impossible dream I should give up on, or does anyone here know where I can go for help?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Dying to get my old vintage workouts on DVD
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »
Maybe you could find a friend with a DVR to burn them for you?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Tap Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:38 AM »
I don't know anyone who can help me. :( I haven't been able to find any websites that do this, either.

Post Merge: February 27, 2014, 09:10:02 AM

Is there anyone here who can help me? Maybe we can work something out in a PM?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:10:02 AM by Tap Dancer »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »
There might be a place close to you that can convert them <3  You give them the VCR and they will  convert^^

Might be worth doing a bit of research.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Tap Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »
There might be a place close to you that can convert them <3  You give them the VCR and they will  convert^^

As I said before, I don't have a VCR anymore. I need them copied from YouTube.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:12:31 AM »
You're not going to find a company that will rip vidoes from youtube onto a DVD because of copyright issues - but if you can find them on VHS then there are lots of places that can convert them for you. Walgreens does, I know, and I'm sure some other places. Maybe see if you can find the VHS versions on amazon?

Offline Tap Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:29:52 AM »
You're not going to find a company that will rip vidoes from youtube onto a DVD because of copyright issues - but if you can find them on VHS then there are lots of places that can convert them for you. Walgreens does, I know, and I'm sure some other places. Maybe see if you can find the VHS versions on amazon?

That answers my question, and it's what I was afraid of. :( I can't buy anything because I'm not working. I was hoping to find a company to help me and then ask my mom to pay. (My birthday is in April.) Or I was willing to offer a trade or something to someone here. Guess I'll just give up hope of ever having those videos again. It's funny; you'd think I'd be satisfied with all of the DVDs I have. I am happy with them, of course, but I still want to do the old ones sometimes too. Thanks.

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »
If you have the video tapes you can get them converted without a vcr

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
There are a lot of ways you can rip videos from YouTube.  You can google for free or trial programs to do it. I used to save videos all of the time. Then you can burn them as DVDs.

You might have a DVD creator program on your computer. If not, you can use a trial one. What kind of computer do you have? I'll try my best to walk you through this.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Tap Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 11:59:51 AM »
If you have the video tapes you can get them converted without a vcr

Nope. Got rid of all the tapes back in the early 2000s when we got rid of our VCRs. I regret that now, though! :huh:

There are a lot of ways you can rip videos from YouTube.  You can google for free or trial programs to do it. I used to save videos all of the time. Then you can burn them as DVDs.

You might have a DVD creator program on your computer. If not, you can use a trial one. What kind of computer do you have? I'll try my best to walk you through this.

I have a Gateway that's almost a year old. I have Windows 8 and I use Internet Explorer 10, if that helps.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »
Do you have a DVD burning program on your PC? 

I did read this promising article on a free DVD maker that is opensource for windows 8

So I looked up one of Denise Austin's workouts.. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wW-Us2B1Y

and then used this website...  savefrom.net  to make a MP4 of it and download it. It saved as a MP4 and played fine.

The DVD creator I linked above supports MP4.

Try that?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Tap Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 04:47:48 AM »
How would I know if I have a DVD burning program? :blush: All I use this computer for is the Internet. I've never installed anything and unlike my old computers (I used to have Compaqs), there are no icons on the screen. Windows 8 is kind of weird.

Edit: Actually, maybe it would be better for me to buy software and install it. Does anyone know of a good, easy-to-use program? I just want to make basic DVDs from YouTube that will play in a regular DVD player - not on the computer. (Well, of course it's okay if they play on a computer, but I won't be using them on a computer.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:04:41 AM by Tap Dancer »

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 06:37:27 AM »
I just quickly glanced through this but you want to rip some videos from youtube??
If so yes you can do this.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 10:35:44 AM »
How would I know if I have a DVD burning program? :blush: All I use this computer for is the Internet. I've never installed anything and unlike my old computers (I used to have Compaqs), there are no icons on the screen. Windows 8 is kind of weird.

Edit: Actually, maybe it would be better for me to buy software and install it. Does anyone know of a good, easy-to-use program? I just want to make basic DVDs from YouTube that will play in a regular DVD player - not on the computer. (Well, of course it's okay if they play on a computer, but I won't be using them on a computer.)

The article I linked to in my post is by a well-respected technology blogger, and in it he reviews and explains a free windows 8 compatible easy DVD creator.

Offline Tap Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
A friend on a fitness forum I belong to told me about "Freemake Video Converter," which I'm using right now. You just copy & paste the YouTube address(es) and burn a DVD. It'll take a while with my slow DSL connection, but I'm trying to get three of my old favorites onto a disc. I hope it works! :biggrin:

Post Merge: March 02, 2014, 05:32:53 PM

I did it! :biggrin: It took 2.5 hours to burn three 30 minute workouts onto a disc, but I did and then I tested it on my DVD player. It plays perfectly! I am going to be very busy this week. My mom went to Walmart and bought me a pack of 30 DVD-Rs. One down...29 to go! LOL
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:32:53 PM by Tap Dancer »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal