collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fundraising ideas for charity?  (Read 351 times)

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Fundraising ideas for charity?
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »
As some of you know, I work for a charity shop voluntarily.

But I do not only support Cancer Research. There are two other charities I care greatly about: b-eat, the eating disorder charity, and Brian House, which is a local children's hospice. :lovey:

I want to raise money over this summer for one, if not both of those charities. At the moment I'm wanting to focus on Brian House, because beat often focus on recovered individuals (and prefer us to fundraise when we're better!).

I'd have loved to have done a sponsored walk (around the Lake District - it's gorgeous!), but I don't think I am allowed to do vigorous physical activity at present. :(

I was thinking possibly a bake sale, because I adore baking.. But I'm not sure how I'd go about that!

What other activities could I do to raise money for them?

I'm already dying my hair a crazy colour shortly, so that's out of the question.. XD I know of a couple of local bands, so could possibly put together a music evening but again I've no idea how to go about that, and I'm fairly shy in person.

I miiiight ask my Brownie leader if she'd consider letting me hold a charity disco for the girls. She can be a bit funny though at times, especially with it being a charity other than Cancer Research..

Eventually, I will hopefully either be doing work experience or voluntary assistance at the hospice. Their website is here, for anyone interested: http://www.trinityhospice.co.uk/brian-house/ :happy:
Fight like a girl..

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Fundraising ideas for charity?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:45 PM »
I fundraise often, I'm about the same age as you and I know it's hard to come up with ideas, so here's what I did, please dodn't copy the first idea - I do this every year!
1. I did a Chilli Chomping Fundraiser, I made my teachers do a chilli themed quiz - e.g what is the hottest chilli in the world sort of thing and if the team got the answer wrong, they would eat a darned hot chilli!
2. Try and break a world record - even if you don't get sponsered and everyone will have fun!
3. Run for charity.
4. I did a 'Come Dine At Mine' Event for Rowcroft Hospice and raised £80 between 5 guests who had a 3 course meal cooked, prepared and the evening run by me at my own home. The guests were my mum's friends and we had a great time!

Hope this helps! :lovey:
xxx

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:17 PM »
I'm afraid I have no clue. Maybe a raffle of some sort. You could get some of the families/kids from the charity involved. Ask if they might have things to donate as prizes. Or maybe even local businesses would be willing to donate prizes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:01:22 PM »
You might be able to see if there are any local fundraisers already planned and help with them :) or Google some ideas, there's a ton available I'm sure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal