collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not really a problem, more of a disappointment, eBay related, possible help?  (Read 3379 times)

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

So I've been on a search for a zelf, some of you may of heard about them. I've been after a decent priced Hightail ever since I helped another member get her. After sending her off I never saw another one in stores so I've been keeping my eyes out everywhere. And since I'm a picky collector I like to actually see what she looks like and not just a stock picture. I know you can always ask for more pictures from the seller but sometimes it's a real pain. I once asked for closer pictures of an ever after high cerise and the closer picture they sent were of 2 different dolls. So they had 3 different pictures of the same doll, which are not the same since one was a china and one had tons of white in her hair, while the other had hardly any.  So even when I ask for pictures it's not of the same item I'll receive, Oi.

So when a listing on eBay UK came up of a nice loose Hightail zelf that could be cheaper than buying one on the US eBay and I would get what is pictured since their selling their kids collection. I contacted the seller asking if they would ship to the US since the listing said they didn't offer international shipping. The seller was super nice gave me a quote which seemed a little high for a loose zelf and asked if that was the cheapest. They said yes but since they just looked it up online they would take her to the post office and get her weighed for me. Turned out it was way cheaper than they looked up and I said great, thank you I'll bid on her.  They then said they would change it to a buy it now since they want to sell. Well I forgot about having to lend some money to my sister and said I wouldn't be able to pay right away, but on I believe at this point it was a Tuesday, so on Thursday so they didn't put it up as a buy it now and relisted it since it ended. When I go to say I'm ready to pay I see there's now a bid on her and messages the seller since now I didn't think they would end it and let me buy her as a buy it now, they also lowered her price. They said they wouldn't since it's not fair to the person who put a bid in. Understandable but still sucks so I wait for the auction and put my bid in on the last 30 secs later that week. Almost didn't get her but I did, was so excited. I go to pay and it won't let me saying that the seller hasn't specified shipping to your location please change your address or contact the seller for a total. So I ask them to please send me an invoice, they don't know how to do that and I'm not sure how to do it on eBay since I don't sell on there but I know how to do it through paypal. I tell them how and they then ask for my email. Well I can't send them my email through eBay it won't let you since your not suppose to do that. I really want her so I try adding stars and spaces so it will send and nothing, still won't send it. I tell them why it won't send and they say they don't know what to do now. I ask if they can call the customer service and they can tell them how to send an invioce and they say that they don't know what good that would do if they don't have my email, so I google how to send an invoice through eBay and tell them what to do Oi. Then they say when they click on hightail they don't have the option to request an invoice. So I tell them I them I can't do anything on my end since I can't change my address and it won't let me pay, if you can't send me an invoice can you change the listing and relist it to say you ship international since that's the reason I can't pay. They say they'll look into it and I say thank you and sorry for all the trouble. It's normally very easy to buy from eBay UK. Well a couple days go by and I get a notice from eBay asking me to pay for my item. I haven't heard from them so I send them a message asking if they've had a chance to change the listing. I get a response this morning saying sorry that they don't know what else to do and have relisted her and wished me good luck in finding another. Really!? So now I'm mad. I just say oh well that sucks and thank you.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but it should be pretty simple to just relist  the item with international shipping. So now I'm frustrated and sad. And still have it in my eBay as an item I need to pay for. I guess I just mark it as payment sent and don't leave feedback? I have no idea.

So my question is if I find someone in the UK where I can have her shipped too and then change my address to theirs before someone puts a bid on her, do you think the seller will ship her? All I want is a Hightail lol, it seems like I'll never get her, there's always something in the way.

Thanks for reading and for any help!
Tiffany :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be mad at the seller personally, eBay can be a pain in the butt to manage. If I was in their situation I probably would have been frustrated and given up as well. I don't know I won't offer shipping outside the U.S. Because it's become such a hassle.

Hopefully you find someone that can help you. Actually if you find a U.K. Buddy I would just have them bid for you.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
I was facing exactly the same problem two days ago, however, in my case, the seller cancelled the first auction and relisted the item as a BIN with international shipping, apparently it was a very easy thing to do. I'm super sorry your seller wasn't able to figure it out. :(

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but it should be pretty simple to just relist  the item with international shipping. So now I'm frustrated and sad. And still have it in my eBay as an item I need to pay for. I guess I just mark it as payment sent and don't leave feedback? I have no idea.

The seller has to cancel the transaction! Once they have done that, you have to agree to the cancellation. In my case, the reason the seller selected for cancelling the transaction was the following: "The buyer asked to cancel the order or there's an issue with the buyer's address."

Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:08:09 PM by Libelle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

CocoBerry

• Trade Count: (0)
You could cancel the transaction and still try to send your email for a direct invoice, try to write it with words only so for example mypony at hotmail dot com  ;)
or even a useless word that is easy to identify between but I guess ebay message system deletes everything with @ or .com / .de in it
oh I'm also new to zelfs and it seems some of them are harder to find then g1 ponies ^^ but sooo cute :)

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
Thanks guys. I'm not really mad at the seller, just the whole situation. More frustrated since I had to explain almost everything to them about how to do it and then they said they would change the listing and I don't hear from them. So I send a message and they respond saying sorry I've relisted it. They could of waited to relist it. I haven't bought anything international through eBay in about a year and don't remember it being so complicated to get an invoice or have the seller change the listing. Maybe things have changed, I don't know, just disappointed that I won't be getting her.

I tried making it simple, but I didn't think to spell the at and dot com out. I should of tried that. Why didn't I think about doing that. It's probably to late to try that now since they relisted it :(

Guess I'll have to contact them about canceling it.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear you got in such an awkward situation :/ I've once been involved in a similar case myself, so I understand your frustration :huh: :hug:

if I were you though I'd personally give it one last chance and try to send my e-mail to the seller the way CocoBerry recommended. while the seller relisted the item they did not cancel your transaction, and you had a winning bid on the original auction, so at the moment it should still be technically yours (and it shouldn't be your problem or business if the seller gets into trouble for technically listing something they only have 1 of twice). hopefully the seller receives the message and then they'll be able to send an invoice that way. I too think their last message (and the relisting without even noticing you prior) was a litte weird, but prior to that they did seem cooperative and nice, so they'd probably still go your way if they had the chance to send you an invoice.

good luck with the transaction! and good luck finding another Hightail in case this one does fall through!

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
Yes they were very nice and I appreciate their help. It did get a little irritating that I had to explain everything to them though so they could it. And yes since I won it should still be mine, right? So why relist it without letting me know beforehand, I'm trying to pay you lol.

I will try one more time the way Cocoberry suggested and see if they will honor it. After that, if I even get a response, I guess I'll have to have them cancel it.

Thanks guys!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Sorry about your situation, ebay can be a nightmare. I hope the seller works with you :hug:

This is probably too late but another way you can send your email through ebay is to write it and take a photo/screenshot and attach it to the message as an image. That way there's no confusion about spaces and stars and it completely avoids ebay's blocks.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
So I messaged the seller and haven't gotten an invioce or response. I know it's only been 3 days but all our other messages were very quick and within 24 hours. So I'm kinda worried. How long do I wait? Do you think their waiting to see if someone else bids on my relisted item so they don't have to deal with me? And if I don't get a response do I try and continue to get my item since they originally agreed to ship international and I won the auction. Or just forget it and message them asking to cancel it so I can remove it and no longer have it under things that I need to pay and leave feedback for.

Thanks guys

Offline ickykitana

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
Im in the UK if you want to use and abuse my address  :biggrin:

PM me if you have no luck

Emma xx

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
it seems to me that since the person has relisted it they dont think they have to have any more dealings with you- they'll just sell to some else :( 
 I would not try to buy it again even though its an unfair situation. It might be best to either call ebay about the situation and see what they advise (a phone call works best) as they can see all the messages between you and the seller, and that the seller relisted etc)  or  if you don't want to go through that you could ask the seller to cancel the sale and then get a UK person to buy to item for you instead

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'd probably give up if I were you.

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
Thank you everyone!

I'll just see if I can have them cancel it, if they even respond. It's just frustrating and confusing when they were so helpful and nice. Then nothing and sorry but I can't fix it and have relisted it and now after I've found a way to give them my email I get ignored. Sigh.

I'm sure eBay would side with me but I kinda just want it over with. If they don't respond to my message about canceling it I'll have to give them a call though.

Thank you ickykitana, I really appreciate it! I'll let you know :)

Post Merge: July 24, 2015, 08:18:33 PM

Well what do you know, now I get a response. And 15 mins after I just sent them asking to please cancel it. Well it's done with. Thank you all so very much for your help and advise!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:18:33 PM by PrincessTiffy »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
I'm glad its sorted and over now :hug:  :bigups:  did they just cancel it in the end?

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
Yea pretty much ringlets. But I had to ask them too. I emailed them something along the lines of saying that since I haven't gotten an invioce or response I take it they don't wish to sell to me any more. And that if that was the case to please then cancel it so I no longer have it under things I need to pay for. And seriously like 15 mins after I got a response saying they did and explained how to delete it on my end. It's still showing as something I need to pay for though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal