collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny/sunnyloveus: Beware of this buyer and seller!  (Read 20402 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Vintageponysunny?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »
I bought Trixie, AJ, AND Big Mac off her almost immediately after it was posted. We spoke back and forth a few times, so Ididn't have a problem with communication at alll. I fisured, meh...if i get them I'll be happy. If not, I'll open a dispute since I paid via "goods and services" option this time! Yayy!! Ii
I'm still going to give her the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer...I'm sure she'll be made aware of this thread and will hopefully show up to put everything at ease. We have a 45 day window with PayPal, or is that just through eBay sales?

Well, as she appears to have sold four applejack ponies, three trixies and two Big Mac's (at my last count) - all after telling Lorelei that she didn't have duplicates...  well, I think it i safe to say she was definitely scamming.

Especially since she promised to send shipping notifications out on the 29th but hasn't been seen since. 

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Vintageponysunny: Beware of this seller
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »
Ug, how horrible. We're going to keep seeing this, though. MLP has become huge and has already attracted the China counterfeiters, the little scammers looking to make a quick buck aren't far behind. I'm surprise we haven't seen any fake rare g1s yet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2014, 02:08:20 PM »
Ug, how horrible. We're going to keep seeing this, though. MLP has become huge and has already attracted the China counterfeiters, the little scammers looking to make a quick buck aren't far behind. I'm surprise we haven't seen any fake rare g1s yet.

actuly wasntt eher a  Fake rare   g1 south african pony posted?   and turend out it wasnt real?

and i thnk she made  at least  200..  maybe my calustions  are off she might have scammed more then that. and never  planned to give it to  us.

Did she tell anyone else that she had shipped?

Yes, but no tracking number lol

i was   told mine was shipped as well.   and   every   time i asked for a tracking number   i  got an excuse.  or   she'd wait tillt he  next day then send me antoehr excuse  or reason she couldnt give it to me.

my  only problem is..   i'm glad that paypal  can reimburse us.  but it doesnt really  stop the scammers.   it  just basiacly traches them that they can create a paypal.  take money from peopel with    no intent to give the    service or item rendered.   and paypal will cover it once they drain  the account.  even if they clsoe the account all the scammer does is reopen  the account  (unders a different email) and it starts all over again.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 06:22:31 PM »
Well it isn't that easy for scammers- she must have attached a bank account in order to use the funds I would think- so hopefully paypal froze those funds.

ALso it seems pretty stupid to risk going to jail for criminal fraud over something so stupid.  I'm always astonished when someone does something like this.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »
Just as a heads up, someone on the TP under the name of mlpsunny has a thread about selling funko glitters. She claims they are all sold. I'm going to assume they are the same person?

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »
Just as a heads up, someone on the TP under the name of mlpsunny has a thread about selling funko glitters. She claims they are all sold. I'm going to assume they are the same person?
Yes, they are. When I asked for sales feedback, vintageponysunny linked me to mlpsunny's MLPTP profile, which had two positives.

Adding that into the OP.

ETA: It looks like there's another user on MLPTP with the exact same topic title, same typing style, same product, and same "PM me for pictures on Photobucket" bait. I'll bet dollars to donuts it's the same scammer under a different name. Disappointing people would go that low to steal.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:28:10 PM by Corona »

Duster reference]

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny: Beware of this seller
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »
The person tried to make multiple accounts here, but I was too suspicious to let them through. (This was before all this jazz was going down.)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »
Yes, they are. When I asked for sales feedback, vintageponysunny linked me to mlpsunny's MLPTP profile, which had two positives.

Adding that into the OP.

ETA: It looks like there's another user on MLPTP with the exact same topic title, same typing style, same product, and same "PM me for pictures on Photobucket" bait. I'll bet dollars to donuts it's the same scammer under a different name. Disappointing people would go that low to steal.

she linked me to her ebay. for her feedback. it had no selling feeback and only three  buying feeback.   it praoably is her.  she knows were onto her here and is proably going to   try it over there.   cna soemoen post over there that shes a scammer?    whathca wanna bet it isnt even her pictures.t hat she stole the photos?

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2014, 09:02:36 PM »
I opened a case against her today...if she linked you to her eBay sales, can you get in touch with eBay and say she's a scammer? I didn't think you could open a PayPal account without linking it to a bank account or credit card  :huh:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2014, 09:05:50 PM »
It's possible that her paypal account is connected to a prepaid credit card, that would make it quite easy to scam with little to no repercussions for her  :mad:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »
It's possible that her paypal account is connected to a prepaid credit card, that would make it quite easy to scam with little to no repercussions for her  :mad:

While that maybe true, these folks, as I previously stated are protected under Paypal's buyer protection.  They will get their money back as long as it was not paid as a gift.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »

While that maybe true, these folks, as I previously stated are protected under Paypal's buyer protection.  They will get their money back as long as it was not paid as a gift.  :)

i think that were just trying to keep other people from  being scammed at his point. 

I opened a case against her today...if she linked you to her eBay sales, can you get in touch with eBay and say she's a scammer? I didn't think you could open a PayPal account without linking it to a bank account or credit card  :huh:

i'm not usre if i can  ebay her.  or   let ebay know shes a scammer sicne this didnt take plae on ebay.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »

Adding that into the OP.

she linked me to her ebay. for her feedback. it had no selling feeback and only three  buying feeback.   it praoably is her.  she knows were onto her here and is proably going to   try it over there.   cna soemoen post over there that shes a scammer?    whathca wanna bet it isnt even her pictures.t hat she stole the photos?
Well that's interesting. When I asked for Ebay and/or Etsy feedback, she told me she didn't have an Ebay or Etsy account, only the MLPTP account.

I was curious and reverse Google Image searched the images. Nothing popped up.

Duster reference]

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2014, 10:13:53 PM »
she didint tell me she  had a Mlptp  account.  hmm intresitng.   i'm not sure  if    i should    reveal the ebay name. only becuase  i'm not sure if thats.. allowed  but      it was created in april.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »
Lorelei you are allowed to post her eBay ID, just no personal information, such as First/Last name or email address. If you want to personally email those to Ringlets or I that would be fine.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal