collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Issues with Re-Hairing tool  (Read 345 times)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
Issues with Re-Hairing tool
« on: March 16, 2014, 05:41:26 AM »
Up until recently I've always used the wire method for my hairing needs but last month mum bought me a rerooting tool and my first experience with it went pretty well. Since then every time I've tried to use it, once on a G2 and once on a G3 the tool has cut the hair as I'm trying to put it in.  :huh:
Does anyone else have this problem or have had this problem and found a way around it? I hate to think of the tool going to waste but I really can't afford to have all of my hair get cut to pieces by using it. I've watched tutorial vids and read the instructions that came with mine so I'm pretty sure I'm following directions correctly but more often than not it's making a mess of things.
The tool I'm using is from the ebay seller debi255 and the hair is all from dollyhair in case that makes a difference.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Re-Hairing tool
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 06:35:02 AM »
are you putting in super thick hairplugs? like maybe the hair is too thick when you try to punch it thru the plug and the tool is ripping it... ?

im using a tool from the Lovely Maniah- which has been working like a champ for the couple years ive had it. so if you decide to try a different one you can always shoot her a pm. I know a couple other people sell them here as well and it sounds like theirs are just as good so im sure people will pipe up with their suppliers in a bit. =]

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:42:09 AM »
I thought the plugs on the G2 might have been too thick or that the harder plastic was the cause but with the G3 the plugs are almost too thin and it still cuts them. I'm gonna try and learn how to use this thing properly (if I can) before searching out another. At least I've gotten very used to using wire if all else fails xD
Thanks for the input though. :)

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:45:19 AM »
another thing to try (that I do all the time regardless of gen) is use a straightpin and punch it thru each of the plugs before you hair it. thisll help widen the plugs a tiny bit and make sure theres no obstructing glue that it may snag on. itll allow you do do thicker plugs more easily and lessen the risk of breaking the hair or your needle- and will make hairing thru a fbr a bit easier... less paint crackling.

use a thicker pin, like a safety pin, if you want to do even thicker plugs.

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 07:13:16 AM »
I had this issue when I first started.. Now I stretch the holes first with a large sewing needle, make slightly smaller plugs (cause you can always add extra plugs in the center to make up for it) and changed the kind of hair I was using. I found that 100% kanekalon hair  has issues when I use it. I do not have any problems with Nylon.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 08:20:01 AM »
Yeah it sounds like you need to stretch the hole first, as others have suggested. Smaller plugs may also hep.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 02:03:23 PM »
Take some sandpaper, and run it over the cut edge of the needle.  I've had this problem before, and I cut my own needles.  After running the sandpaper over it a couple of times, I was good to go, with no cut hair! :)
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 07:10:36 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!  :biggrin: I usually widen holes with a pushpin first, have been doing so since I started customizing, never thought about sanding the needle a bit tho, will definitely try that out, may use a wider needle (instead of pushpin) to get the holes a bit wider too.
Thank you all for your help!  :lovey:

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »
Sandpaper or metal file on the needle is usually what I need.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal