collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 29588 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2022, 12:48:37 AM »
Yeah, you should always do some strength training before cardio, because your muscles will release simple sugars first and that won't help you lose weight. You need to burn fat, not sugar. So using weights or machines for 45 minutes before you do cardio helps your body get ready to burn fat when you get on a bike or go for a walk or whatever. Also, in regards to bike riding, revolutions are more important than tension. You should be going as fast as you can without a lot of resistance - because you've already done the strength training. This is also for 45 minutes at least.

I learned this from a fitness coach when I joined the gym years ago and it's something I've never forgotten.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2022, 10:43:19 AM »
Minty_Magic
Also, drinking more water will help too. I bought a couple of these - 32oz water bottles and love them. Having them really makes me drink more water. I rotate having one in the fridge so I can always have cold water.

This is a quote I found from you a long time ago... yess I remember I didn't have the money at the time to buy it & I still want one. I'll buy one next month for sure.  :biggrin: thank you for sharing!

Yeah, you should always do some strength training before cardio, because your muscles will release simple sugars first and that won't help you lose weight. You need to burn fat, not sugar. So using weights or machines for 45 minutes before you do cardio helps your body get ready to burn fat when you get on a bike or go for a walk or whatever. Also, in regards to bike riding, revolutions are more important than tension. You should be going as fast as you can without a lot of resistance - because you've already done the strength training. This is also for 45 minutes at least.

I learned this from a fitness coach when I joined the gym years ago and it's something I've never forgotten.

That makes so much sense!! Thank BlackCurtains! I'll have to add lifting weights to my morning routine & then the cardio.

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2022, 02:09:09 PM »
Minty_Magic
Also, drinking more water will help too. I bought a couple of these - 32oz water bottles and love them. Having them really makes me drink more water. I rotate having one in the fridge so I can always have cold water.

This is a quote I found from you a long time ago... yess I remember I didn't have the money at the time to buy it & I still want one. I'll buy one next month for sure.  :biggrin: thank you for sharing!

Oh wow! You really did some research haha! Funny…I don’t even remember posting that.  :blush: I actually don’t have a water bottle like that, so I may have gone with something different instead! I still think it’s a good idea to have bottles that hold a lot of water like those though, the less you have to refill, the easier it is to keep drinking! Here is the smart water bottle I got. It’s pricey, but I’ve found it to be worth it! It’ll even give you reminders to drink water if you’re falling behind on your goal! Plus I’m a sucker for things that light up. What can I say? :p

https://www.amazon.com/Hidrate-Spark-Bottle-Tracks-Hydrated/dp/B07RGXWSQD/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=rQt60&content-id=amzn1.sym.5fe95cd4-8512-42fa-bf21-63d83b898785&pf_rd_p=5fe95cd4-8512-42fa-bf21-63d83b898785&pf_rd_r=WF42ERBD9XZKCE8ANKT2&pd_rd_wg=Hc2rk&pd_rd_r=6feb6e6c-10fe-4a49-8ee2-e50af7238eb0&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m&th=1

This is super helpful info, thank you for sharing it! I knew lifting weights was good for weight loss, but I never knew the “why” behind it. That makes a lot of sense! Also good to know you should do it before the cardio. That is what I have been doing just because I don’t like weight training as much and if I don’t do it before cardio, I won’t do it at all lol! :lol: Right now I average about 20-30 minutes with the weights, so slowly I will have to try and work up to that 45 minute mark.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2022, 07:18:15 AM »
Don't worry, Starflashbaby, I don't go past where my stomach starts to hurt.  That's what I meant when I said my stomach hurts too much to continue.

And yes, you do burn calories while house cleaning.  How many depends on what you're doing and how big the space is you're cleaning, but you do burn calories doing it!  You won't burn enough to replace an exercise regimen but every bit helps.  :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2022, 09:31:37 AM »
My weight stayed the same this week. I need to get back on track. I'm also having to fit in extra snacks due to the medication I'm currently taking.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2022, 08:08:41 AM »
Pokeonekenobie- oh I get it now that's awesome that you can do 100 crunches though  :biggrin:
I have to clean for a party next week it's my great aunt Jean's 90th birthday party so everything has to be perfect   ^.^

Minty_Magic- That's an even cooler water bottle so i was looking around on amazon & found this as well

HidrateSpark PRO Smart Water Bottle Tritan Plastic, Tracks Water Intake & Glows to Remind You to Stay Hydrated - Chug Lid - 24oz- Sea Glass https://a.co/d/4Dk9zqP

Ponyfan the meds that your on is it that you have to not eat on an empty stomach or do they make you munch more in general? I remember being on meds that I have to eat with or meds that make you bloat...

P.S I'm below 300 again I'm at 297.4  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 03:31:22 PM by Starflashbaby »

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2022, 03:20:54 PM »
Way to go Starflashbaby! :cheer: keep up the good work! Looks like the water bottle you looked is by the same company who made mine, so I could recommend that in good faith too.

Ponyfan, maintaining ipyournweight after you’ve lost it is still a big accomplishment, so that is still something to be proud of! :) Especially since you are having to work more food into your diet than you had gotten used to!

For me, I have magically hit my goal out of nowhere. :lol: After being stuck for about a month suddenly I was able to shed those last couple pounds - I have consistently weighed in at 164 or so for a week now, so I’m confident that is my new normal! It’s hard to say what the difference was since I tried a bunch of new things at once…..I have NOT been doing good with my protein goal, so that probably isn’t it. I’m thinking either taking in more water has been beneficial, or maybe it is the weight lifting! No matter what it was though I feel really good about where I’m at. From where I was last year at this time my clothes fit me better, I’m not getting winded just going up the stairs anymore, and I feel like I have more energy too.

I think my new goal is just going to be focused on balancing my macronutrients. I could lose some body fat too….but I’m hoping that with balancing out what I eat with continued weights that may just start to fall off on its own.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2022, 09:29:10 AM »
I've started a Couch to 5K program on the treadmill again.  I did it a couple of years ago and it seemed to help so I thought I'd try it again and see if I can try to run faster by the time I finish this time.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2022, 06:43:21 AM »
My shorts fell down again :lol:

I get weighed on the 1st at my doctor's office. I've been drinking smoothies and not eating much. In fact, last Friday I was visiting my mom and she wanted to cook. We had turkey, corn and mashed potatoes and gravy. I ate a small portion and later my stomach was bothering me. I wonder if it's bad for your teeth to go days without chewing something? If I liked gum, I'd chew that.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2022, 10:34:08 AM »
You're doing great peeps
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2022, 03:43:05 PM »
I lost 2 pounds this week. :)  That puts me back to 19 total although I've gained a few back here and there.  I can't swallow pills unless I take them with food.  The medication I was taking is one that I only have to take at certain times and not everyday.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:15:45 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2022, 10:51:23 AM »
Have finally gotten past 123 pounds, now all I hafta do is not blow it. I find that if I only eat 1 or 2 small meals and nibble throughout the day weight loss is a little more consistent then skipping meals entirely. Have also gotten to 100 sit ups. In intervals mind you.

Offline cosmospanda

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2022, 12:44:12 PM »
Almost a month ago, I gave up on losing weight and locked myself in at my current lbs by starting powerlifting. Since May, I have lost 7lbs, my clothes fit better, and I am an intermediate for my weight class and age. I am surprised, really, how strong I was at the start (was always athletic, but didn't partake in sports). Today, I sit here, sore, because I upped my deadlift by another five pounds (upped it 20lbs last week) and my tricep kickbacks are at 40lbs. I am happy with this and it motivates me to reaching for the intermediate in each lift.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2022, 03:24:32 PM »
That's great cosmos panda

Offline cosmospanda

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!