collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Dehairng?  (Read 303 times)

LizbethDawn

• Trade Count: (0)
G4 Dehairng?
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:07:53 PM »
I've got a Twilight Sparkle who's about 2.5-3 inches tall and I popped her head off today and just died.
How in the world do you get the mane and tail out? Are there any tutorials out there for the G4s?

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Dehairng?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:13:30 PM »
Theres a few good ones on Youtube! Thats how I learnt! Goodluck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 10:31:43 PM »
The mane- what I do is boil some water in a pot, pop the heads in there- and they will soften up enough to get some long needle nose pliers in there and the hair should come out easily (this melts the glue and makes the plastic flexible to put the pliers in. The tail- you have to remove the neck plug- CAREFULLY take an exacto knife and slice around the plug. If you slip, the neck can be repaired by using some apoxie sculpt or some sculpey. I never save the plugs, because I find it a pain in the rear to glue back in- so I just super glue the head back on- since I don't use the plug, I sometimes take an exacto and widen the hole for the head. :)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:19:11 AM »
In addition to the neck plug removal and boiling advice, I'd like to mention that you can get the hair out without boiling and you can reuse the neck plug to have a turnable head.

Invest in a pair of hemostat pliers from your fishing section. I have a surgical set and a fishin set and the surgical ones were actually too big for me but the fishing ones are perfect. The glue in these new ponies is not that tough. I ut the hair off close to the scalp and then just rub the hemostats against the glue and then pull the hair out.

To get the plug back in, boiling works good. If you cannot boil it then stick a pencil in there for about 5 minutes to widen the hole. I like to grab the plug with a pair of pliers, I stick one bit into the hole in the bottom of the plug and just hold tight. Then pop the pencil out, cradle the head in your palm, then using a rocking motion, I push the plug back into the hole.

Best of luck to you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal