collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warning!!! Ebay bidder lio3933 - negative feedback lover!  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Warning!!! Ebay bidder lio3933 - negative feedback lover!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 05:17:47 AM »
Its definitely worth having tracking on items. I know it is expensive but it will help protect both seller and buyer from this kind of awful situation  :awake:
 Lio if you are having parcels go missing regularly then please do contact your post office and report it.  I'd also have parcels sent to somewhere else such as a PO box,  your place of work,  or a family member's house if possible , as some of the others suggested.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »
Lio, I agree- a negative is completely not warranted by something lost in the mail- imagine if YOU had mailed something and someone claimed it was lost and then gave you a negative feedback?

Also, I have absolutely never heard of one person having so many lost packages. It just doesn't make any sense at all.  There are only two possibilities:
1) There is something about your letter carrier or your address that makes it easier for packages to be lost; or
2) You are not telling the truth.

I would like to believe that it is just something unfortunate about your address, but considering how many negatives that you have left for people who did absolutely nothing wrong, the second possibility seems more likely.

I agree, get tracking, go registered mail or get a signature if you know your packages are frequently lost. Don't take it out on the poor pony sellers. That is just mean.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 03:16:03 AM »
I just came to find this topic as Lio sent me a message asking me to unblock him so he could buy from me.

The reason so may have gone missing could be that he is in Italy and we all know what the postal service there is like.

I totally agree that this should not result in negative feedback for a seller and won't be unblocking the buyer. Just wanted to point out he's in Italy and that could be part of the explanation.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »
I just came to find this topic as Lio sent me a message asking me to unblock him so he could buy from me.

The reason so may have gone missing could be that he is in Italy and we all know what the postal service there is like.

I totally agree that this should not result in negative feedback for a seller and won't be unblocking the buyer. Just wanted to point out he's in Italy and that could be part of the explanation.

Oh I didn't realize he was in Italy.  Yes, they do have very unreliable mail there, which is why many (most) sellers do not sell to Italy.  However, most people in Italy know that which is why buyers AND sellers always seem to use registered mail (which is more reliable).

I agree you should not unblock him. 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »
Its definitely worth sending everything recorded and with D/C to Italy  :nod: . There shouldn't be any problems then, but if there is someone you feel uncomfortable dealing with then its best to keep them blocked.
  Lio might find someone who will sell to him if he has the item sent with tracking etc to protect both the seller and the buyer   :awake:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 05:30:34 PM »
A red flag is that he promised to delete the negative feedback he left a year ago. I'm pretty sure that's impossible. Always remember that if you blocked someone, there was a reason for it. Once I block someone, it stands forever.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »
So I found out an interesting tid-bit about Italy: it's illegal to ship plastic toys there.  You can see the details here

http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/il_008.htm

Any toy not wholly made of wood is NOT allowed in their country.  Therefore, My Little Ponies are illegal to ship to Italy. I think it's more than plausible to say customs has been intercepting those parcels, and that Baby AJ is off the hook.  People are responsible to know their own countries shipping laws.  I'll be putting Italy on my block list from now on.  If you brought this up with eBay, Baby AJ, and let them know the buyer bought an item that was illegal to ship to his country, they may be able to remove the negative feedback from your account as I believe it is the BUYER'S responsibility to know their own shipping laws.

Silverdawn
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:46:24 PM by silverdawn »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 04:35:54 PM »
The wooden toy thing , yep I've heard about it before but its never really put into practice  ;) .  I spend time in Italy every summer and I can promise you that they sell MLP and Disney stuff and Barbie/other  dolls and all kinds of plastic toys / non-wood toys , that have been imported from china and other countries- in shops all over Italy.   I've never actually heard of this law being upheld by Italian customs (it may have been in the past as Italy used to make a lot of their own toys, though they import a lot now) , although its not uncommon for untracked parcels to go missing , especially the further south in the country you go.

I've sold dolls and ponies to Italians plenty times through ebay too without issues (though I send with tracking/DC as I mentioned before. Its easier for people within UK/Europe to ship there anyways TBH.

You *may*still  be able to get the neg removed by referring to this old shipping law when contacting ebay though so it could be worth a try.  :awake:

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 10:54:13 PM »
The wooden toy thing , yep I've heard about it before but its never really put into practice  ;) .  I spend time in Italy every summer and I can promise you that they sell MLP and Disney stuff and Barbie/other  dolls and all kinds of plastic toys / non-wood toys , that have been imported from china and other countries- in shops all over Italy.   I've never actually heard of this law being upheld by Italian customs (it may have been in the past as Italy used to make a lot of their own toys, though they import a lot now) , although its not uncommon for untracked parcels to go missing , especially the further south in the country you go.

I've sold dolls and ponies to Italians plenty times through ebay too without issues (though I send with tracking/DC as I mentioned before. Its easier for people within UK/Europe to ship there anyways TBH.

You *may*still  be able to get the neg removed by referring to this old shipping law when contacting ebay though so it could be worth a try.  :awake:

As far as plastic toys in commercial stores go, Goddessofpeep posted this reply to that very question in another thread

There's a difference between mailing something to someone and a store importing something from another country.  They have a whole bunch of different laws for that, and I'm assuming the toy manufacturers know them and abide by them.  Major manufacturers and distributors can make things "legal".  Over here it's not uncommon to find items from other countries with extra labels stuck on to them.  Most often it's on food items.  You'll find a label that has all the nutritional and allergy information for the product in the same format as you find on local goods.  Without that label the product is illegal to sell, but with that extra label it's 100% legal.  I've gotten G2s and G3s from other countries that had extra labels stuck to them with extra safety information, or the product's information/warnings in other languages.  I'm assuming the same goes for toys in Italy.  They need to be made to conform to the local regulations, and an individual in another country can't do that.

Otherwise I guess it's buyer/seller beware when shipping to Italy :(

Silverdawn

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »
http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/il_008.htm
Silverdawn

I just HAD to look at it. The list is....interesting. Photo albums? Clocks! I really wanted to send "human remains" to a friend too... :dies:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 05:36:56 PM »
I haven't seen any different labels or anything on branded toys in Italy and TBH they sell loads of cheap fakies  too. I think of their customs control as being like they are on the border patrol there - standing around chatting , sunglasses on , coffee or cig in hand, waving you past without a second glance as they are much too interested in what they are chatting about to worry about law enforcement or whatever  :shrug:   :awake:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 06:29:44 AM »
It could be some kind of special export licence which manufacturers have.  I work for a company which makes circuit boards in the shipping department.  When we ship, we need a special licence for parts which may go to military applications.  There could be something like that for a toy manufacturer to prove that certain plastics and other materials are safe for children to use. 

A non-business shipper (i.e. someone on here selling pony doubles) will not have such a licence which may be why there are so many issues shipping to Italy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal