collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Annoyed with thrift store auction! Not quite a WYP - just a rant.  (Read 1291 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Annoyed with thrift store auction! Not quite a WYP - just a rant.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 04:26:29 PM »
I will say that there are places that you let take home merchandise, like bookstores and maybe even some clothing stores, but this is absolutely awful! I would complain on their facebook and demand to be compensated with a gift card or something.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 07:30:46 PM »
i work at a bookstore, and yeah, we're allowed to take home books so we can better suggest books, but if they are damaged in anyway (including spine) we are required to buy them. no if ands or buts.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 08:30:12 PM »
That is horrible business! I can't even get my head around what the employee did, and thinking it was totally okay to do it! And she asked you to follow her to her house? What?!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

EeveeMUA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 02:22:02 AM »
That was completely out of order. They were in the store to be sold, the employee should have never removed them from the store in the first place.

Definitely make a complaint.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 03:33:08 AM »
Complain for sure - that was absolutely disgusting!   :crazy:  especially letting kids play with them after they were already yours!  it was bad enough her taking them home. I might get my head around that part if it was to do with calling you to collect or whatever but that could have been done in the store. Asking you to follow her home and then making you wait while she finds them, admitting she let kids play with them, and then they have been significantly damaged- thats a no-no.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 01:22:48 AM »
Definitely complain to the store manager. I would do everything I could to have this employee fired for what is essentially theft.

Basically, you saw an item/s you wanted, bid for them and won them. You went to collect said item/s and were told an employee had taken them home.  When you got them they had been damaged.

I can understand charity shop workers taking a book or puzzle home with them to check and see if its all there or as said earlier to increase the employee's reading "banter" as long as the item is not damaged.  But taking the item for children to play with when you know full well there is a chance there could be damage occurring is bad business practice and I guess her boss is not aware of this.

Think about it. If you bought these on ebay and they arrived in the condition you had them in, you would return them for refund? Don't let the fact they are a charity make you hesitate to get a refund.   

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 04:13:43 PM »
That is completely out of line, I would warn any other charity from ever accepting auctions from them again. If I tired something like this at my work place, I would be fired on the spot.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »
curious as to what our Care Bear Hero will do.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
Definitely complain, that's no okay in the least.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »
As someone who works in a thrift shop, I am furious!!! that is inexcusable, it's stealing. That person stole your bears, it doesn't matter that you received them later. They belonged to the store until you won the auction. That means that woman had NO RIGHT to touch them at all!! I see parents at my store use the toy section like a daycare and it makes me so mad..... toys worth a good deal of money get ruined because of this! I see games or sets get all their pieces stolen, leaving empty boxes, packs of TCG cards opened and also stolen, stuffed animals with tears and drool stains, toys all over the floor, and the most heart breaking... porcelain dolls (some very expensive like Disney exclusives or antiques) with their feet or fingers broken off, and their heads cracked open. We changed our policy to insist that parents stay with their kids and they still just dump them off unsupervised and wonderful things get ruined. So you have every right to complain to the store and get your money back. I bet the woman does this a lot if she did it with your bears. She uses it like a free "present" jackpot. The kids are obviously young enough to not remember the toys they brutalize at her house, so she just takes some toys that are paid for by someone else and "borrows" them for a while. Don't let her get away with it!!!  :enraged: :stressed:
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
St Vinnies down in Hobart where my boyfriend is currently has Cabbage Patch Kids in it. They have them priced at $60 each USED! His mum used to work there and when she complained that they are overpricing the items and poor people can't afford them, they said "We are a business, not a charity" when on all of their sites and signs say charity second hand store. She was fired from being a volunteer for complaining about it. But seriously what the actual..?

Your situation isn't right at all either. This is just disgusting.

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »
I work at GameStop and we are allowed to "check out" games to play. It's so we can get a better grasp on games to tell our customers about, but its really just a way to catch up on some games you didn't get to play before or to test out a game before you buy. But we are only allowed to check out USED games and ONLY if there are multiple copies.
Taking home an item that was for AUCTION AFTER IT WAS WON is asinine! Call early in the mornings and ask for the manager.

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2014, 09:54:42 AM »
okay now....  this may sound like reaching but you dont think that thrift store worker knew AHEAD of time what those bears were worth?  could have had time to order or had 2 that match on hand and switched the used out for the mint in box ones?  easy profit for them..
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal