collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about global shipping and tracking  (Read 364 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Question about global shipping and tracking
« on: July 05, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »
Hi

I have a pony parcel that I am particularly anxious about owing to its contents. The seller seems nice (and has perfect feedback), and the item is going through the global shipping programme.... but I'm a little concerned about one teeny detail....

Apparently my parcel is on the way. The seller sent a phone photo of the receipt in an ebay correspondence this morning, only, it's badly taken - I can't see dates, a tracking number, or even the shipping amount on it because they are all outside of the shot. I'm hoping this is just a poor picture and she's sent it with the best of intentions, and not that it is a cover for something (I don't want to be suspicious, but....)

My real question is, how does the tracking with global shipping work? If this has been posted, is there some magic connection between the post office and ebay that updates this info in my purchase history (where you normally can see the tracking number and the parcel's progress?) or is it the seller that inputs the tracking number?

I haven't had one of those 'item has been dispatched' notices yet, and the tracking info isn't in my purchase history. Do I just need to wait for things to load in the system (if it is an automatic thing) or should I be worried?

:lookround:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about global shipping and tracking
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 05:44:50 PM »
With the GSP, if ebay doesn't receive it at their shipping centre, then you get a refund. It's only after the GSP distribution centre that you get the GSP tracking, and then you're golden. I've only bought a few things with GSP, and nothing's ever gone missing, so I'm not sure about procedure there, but it's tracked, so if it doesn't say delivered, I'd assume you'd get a refund from ebay, and they'd eat that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:37:52 PM »
Thanks, Stormness, for your reply  :) 

Ok... I'll try not to panic, lol! I didn't realise it only got the tracking once it gets to the distribution centre, and it might take a day or so to reach there, depending on where it is. So probably best, I guess, if I give it a couple of days before I chew my fingers off in worry!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:02:39 PM »
I might know what pony and seller you're talking about. (If so, congrats!) I believe I purchased something else from the same seller, I too received a dark phone photo this morning. I can tell you that the item was shipped via First Class and the seller did not purchase tracking. Hopefully you have tracking information once it arrives at the GSP center. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 10:19:00 PM »
Omg, Himmie! Thank you - and looks like congrats is owed to you, too!!! (just did some digging on ebay and believe I have seen what you got!)

I am very reassured by your message - thank you  :)  Nice to know we've got this in common. We can chew off fingers together in anticipation  :biggrin:  If you wouldn't mind, could you please let me know when your parcel arrives? I'm in NZ so mine's going to take a while longer to be received, but it will be a great relief to know when yours arrives safe and sound  :)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 10:29:26 PM »
:biggrin:

I will definitely let you know when my package arrives. It shouldn't be too long, I think it's coming from only a seven hours drive away. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal