collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does Ebay hold your funds? oO  (Read 392 times)

Offline Kamisha

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
Does Ebay hold your funds? oO
« on: August 13, 2014, 02:47:34 AM »
Hi there
I have a problem with Ebay... As you may know, I sell ponies often and there weren't any problems since now. They hold my funds for 21 days [every single payment from a buyer]. My performance level is above standard, and they say they hold fund for sellers who have level below standard only... I don't get it. I asked PayPal but they didn't answer me satisfactorily [only in generalities...]. Do you guys have the same problem? :| Thanks in advance :)

Kamisha
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Ebay | Like my plushies on Facebook!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Does Ebay hold your funds? oO
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:27:25 AM »
Hmm I dont think my brain is working this morning..cos I'm looking at your selling / ebay page and you're not a bad seller, you're not a new member or even a new seller either (which is when they normally hold funds for 21 days too) so i cant think why on earth they are holding your funds right now  :blink: 
Personally I havent had issues with this - and I took quite  a break from selling before starting up again properly at the beginning of the year :huh:
Either I'm missing something or ebay has stuffed up.  Ponylady may shed some more light on the subject- in the meantime if I can get my brain to function I'll see if I can find any other reason  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Kamisha

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 04:41:46 AM »
Well I can't figure out why too. PayPal told me that they will review my account and probably will remove those lomits. We'll see ;)

My Ebay | Like my plushies on Facebook!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »
I posted about this same topic, i had to ask ebay 4 times to get a straight answer from them as to why they did this. They basically told me I am not a power seller so it will always be like this, they *may* release money sooner but at the end of the day they never did.
I will see if I can find the thread as I posted ebays response to the exact question

Post Merge: August 13, 2014, 12:54:30 PM

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,355542.msg1192676.html#msg1192676
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:55:23 PM by nhal039 »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 04:41:16 AM »
I posted about this same topic, i had to ask ebay 4 times to get a straight answer from them as to why they did this. They basically told me I am not a power seller so it will always be like this, they *may* release money sooner but at the end of the day they never did.
I will see if I can find the thread as I posted ebays response to the exact question

Post Merge: August 13, 2014, 12:54:30 PM

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,355542.msg1192676.html#msg1192676

what ebay told you about the powerseller thing is a load of..er.. rubbish ( to be polite) as you probably already know  .
I'm not sure whats going on with them. There doesnt seem to be any logical answer as to why they seem to randomly do this to some people who clearly arent newbies or have issues etc  :( 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 12:40:36 PM »
Yeah ringlets I know, it seems like the didn't want to give a straight answer because they are a law upon themselves ;/ I have since cleaned my hands of ebay so I am no longer worried :)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 09:52:30 AM »
Oh, yes. I've been on eBay for 2 years with around 60 feedback (a good portion of it seller), and it's all positive. It's annoying, to say the least, and one of the reasons why I don't bother with eBay much anymore.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 06:06:00 AM »
Yup the general rule seems to be if you are not a power seller they can pretty much do as they wish. I think...and I could well be wrong...that it often comes into force if your stars are dinged at all. In addition you have a couple of recent negatives [i.e. in last 12 months], a couple of neutrals [in the last 6 months] combined with even one of your stars dropping below 4.8 could, for ebay, legitimately and unfortunately put a limit on your funds. Its why stars drive me nuts because even the smallest ding can result in nonsense.

The best option is to get lots of current feedback and over deliver in order to try and get those stars back up to 4.8 or above.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal