collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Evilbay problems  (Read 968 times)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
Evilbay problems
« on: September 19, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »
Ok so I normally only ship in the US because of shipping/ customs fees. I agreed to ship to someone in Canada if they paid shipping etc. I found the cheapest shipping I could and went way outta my way to ship it to them but warned them that there would be customs fees on their end when I found out. I gave them the option to opt out and give them a refund but they wanted to proceed anyway. Now she just got the notice it would be $70 to get it out of customs and wants me to pay half.... That's $35 and more than she paid me for the item so I'd be paying her to take the item from me???? What do I do I told her no but I don't want to loose my good rating.., help please
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:18:46 PM by CrazyCatPony »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Evilbay problems
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 08:44:43 AM »
You as a seller are not responsible for the import/customs/duties/taxes or extra fees.

And it's buyers like that, that really upset me,  :enraged: because I'm in Canada and it frustrates me when sellers wont ship here because of previous bad experiences with other buyers.

You can report them to ebay if threaten to leave negative or neutral feedback because you wont pay the fees or partially pay the fees. I would simply explain to them that you had already advised them that there would be extra charges and that it's against ebays policy for them to expect you to cover any portion of it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »
ok thats what i thought... i think my eyes just about bugged out of my head when i saw she wanted me to pay half and that would leave me in the negative. im really resonable with my sales but that was rediculous. i had one person ask if they could pay 4-5 days after it ended before she bid (cool no problem bid away!) but paying to give someone something just made me mad... i wont say i wont ship to other countries i just try not to, but even though thats my policy i've still never turned down someone if they were willing to pay the shipping cost.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »
I just can't believe the nerve of people who expect the seller to be responsible for the extra fees. Like that's terrible, and it really does make it harder for others to buy items down the road.

I'm glad that you said no. You are protected by ebay, in that the buyer cannot hold you responsible nor penalize because you refused to pay all or part of the customs charges.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:50:57 AM »
It is the buyers responsibility to pay. I am not sure why people seem to think differently. It honestly amazes me the lack of knowledge buyers, especially on Ebay have on this subject. I mean do you go into the store and tell the clerk...."I refuse to pay the sales tax on this item." No, you don't because it's the law. The same goes for import duties, it's the law and they are responsible for knowing that before they make online purchases.

As far as feedback and your seller rating, do not fret. If you have proof (such as it listed in your description or through email) that Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Or something along those lines Ebay will remove any negative feedback left. Plus she already threatened to leave a negative if you refused to pay and that is considered feedback extortion. And that is a big No-No so she already sunk her own ship.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
thanks everyone! i feel a lot better now.
My hubby is laughing about the situation, he cant believe they would charge that much in customs for toys but i guess now we know.... he thinks it hilarious. but he also thinks its nuts to pay $100-200 for one pony lol. silly hubby ponies are awesome.

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:29:12 AM »
I'm in Canada too, and I knew right away that customs charges were my problem.  I have come up with several solutions that work great with respect to ponies, though 95% of the time there is no customs fees unless it is shipped with UPS etc. It is not fair of the buyer to expect you to pay that, and quite ignorant for them to think that is appropriate.  I am sorry that you are dealing with that.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
so its mostly UPS that has that problem? cuz i normally ship via USPS but she found that UPS was cheaper and requested that price... i guess lesson learned (pay $50 for usps or pay $30 at UPS and another $70 in customs)

Offline court2882

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »
so its mostly UPS that has that problem? cuz i normally ship via USPS but she found that UPS was cheaper and requested that price... i guess lesson learned (pay $50 for usps or pay $30 at UPS and another $70 in customs)

Anytime that I have had something sent UPS, because they are taking it across the border for you, I have had to pay customs. I prefer USPS and I have asked people to divide a lot of ponies into two packages so that the marked price wasn't as high (We are talking just under $100 of ponies in each package).  I placed identical orders with the same person, one in one package UPS and paid $50 for customs, and one (the second order) in two packages USPS and $0 for customs. It's like UPS calls attention to the package in a way that USPS doesn't. That's just been my personal experience.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
Ugh!  Not okay!  I hope you chose to warn the community, especially sellers, from doing business with this buyer!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
Ugh!  Not okay!  I hope you chose to warn the community, especially sellers, from doing business with this buyer!

heads up to this buyer: aladdin12jane
she only has one feedback and thats because i gave her feedback before she asked me to fork over half her "customs" fee.... i have not heard from her since i told her no. i've been tracking the package and it has not arrived yet so we will see my feedback (if i get any) when it arrives.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:08:40 PM by CrazyCatPony »

Offline court2882

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
Re: Evilbay problems~warning:aladdin12jane
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »
No feedback is better than bad feedback.  I hope that you don't get bad feedback when it gets there.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 02:36:41 PM »
heres hopeing.... even though i was totally floored by all this i tried to be as nice about it as possible telling her sorry but i cant do that etc... im hopeing me being nice rubs off lol

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »
OMG so..... my package is being denied right now and i got UPS calling me to pay.... then i find out they somehow valued the package at $750!!!!  no no no i told them the whole package is worth $30!! not each toy is worth $30!!! dang it i really hope that UPS can fix this cuz this is totally not my fault! how in the world do you do that?!? im so pissed.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
Sorry why would you have to pay something to get your item back? This is confusing, I can certainly understand why you're feeling incredibly frustrated right now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal