collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer moved house/gave old address - ebay refunded her in full! (Buyer named)  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile

*** Update: Ebay, after two tries at appealing, have continuously denied my appeal and told me that because I will get the item back (no guarantees if you ask me!) and because the buyer hasn't received the item this is MY fault apparently even though buyer gave me old address. They said under buyer protection they are entitled to their full amount back and told me if I have a problem with it to ASK THE BUYER to give me the postage money back once more... hmm, likely!! Anyway, because of all this I've decided to name the user here so anyone selling MLP can be aware and block her from your items if you don't want to give them away for free and be out of pocket as I am.... ***

katinka_1980

Help!

So I am in UK.  A buyer from Germany bought an MLP from me.  After about a week it hadn't arrived. She set up a case against me.

I checked the tracking (I send everything tracked and insured now). It said they had tried to deliver but she wasn't in. I responded to the case with this information and the tracking number.

At this point the buyer informed me (through the resolution messaging centre) that they had moved house and therefore the address they had given me to ship to was old. They said when pony returned to me they would pay again for reposting it on and apologised.  I said that was fine nad could they therefore close the case.

Instead of closing the case a few days later they asked me if the pony had returned to me. Of course it had not got to me yet. I suggested they go to their post office and ask if the parcle was there.

Instead, they escalated the case and the result was ebay found in their favour and gave them a full refund for the pony and the £10 postage charge! I am very unimpressed.

I appealed the case decision (it said they found in her favour because I hadn't provided tracking - wrong!)

I've just had a message saying they do not agree with my appeal because the buyer is protected and its my fault for not getting the item to them even though they gave me the wrong address. The email further tells me to "claim on my insurance" - well Royal Mail are hardly going to give me my money back because the buyer gave me wrong address are they?!?

I'm so angry right now and want to formally complain to ebay - any tips? anyone faced this nonsense before? How can I be held responsible for posting to the address I was given? I'm not psychic and can't tell if people have moved house.

If people would like this buyers name to block them I'm happy to help!

- Gaspode
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:49:59 PM by Gaspode »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
Oh Gaspode - that sucks - I am sorry, it sounds very unfair :(  Ebay seems so stressful now :(

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
I would give them a ring, as people on here seem to get more joy out of calling them than emailing. I would also contact Paypal, as they tend to side with the seller when a tracking number is provided. Lovely to know that even with how expensive tracking is it does nothing to protect any one =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
So if they found in the buyer's favor- did they take the funds out of your paypal ?  If so I'm very shocked and I think that the misdirection should be covered under the ebay seller's policy.  You provided proof of shipping to a confirmed address- there is no way you should be paying for the lost item.   :mad:

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Well I tried to phone them but they refused to speak to me about it because its on my mum's account. So I was just on live chat and someone was helping me with it and then hung up on me! The joys of Ebay :(

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Oh wow! That is so not cool :(

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Hmm ok I'm back on live chat now and they haev told me it was a technical error that caused her to disconnect..... and apparently they have escalated my appeal and that they agree buyer is responsible. I will be contacted within 48 hours apparently.

We'll see.....

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Call them.  It's the only way to get anything done on Ebay when you are a seller.  It's no fault of yours.  What probably happened is several different people handled the case and all they saw was the new address didn't match and didn't look any farther.

Edit: I see you did.  That's good!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Sadly it isn't that different people saw it.  The buyer never updated the address nor provided me with new address and ebay acknowledge that the buyer gave me the wrong address.  I'll copy what ebay said as I can't believe it to be honest!

"You shipped the My Little Pony toy to your buyer "katinka_1980" however, because of the fact that your buyer had sent you a wrong shipping address, the item was sent back to you (Gaspode note: Incorrect - it is still in Germany waiting at post office for buyer to collect which they haven't bothered to try and do)

. Allow me to assist you with this.

I have reviewed the claim and noticed that we had closed the claim in your buyer's favour, because he is not in possession of the item, which is on the way back to you. The item should be delivered to you shortly.  (Gaspode note - If I'm lucky it'll come back but no guarantees and I'm still out the postage through no fault of my own)

We would like to ask you for your understanding that in this particular situation we are forced to deny your appeal."

They then gave me a link to German ebay which they said would explain about why its my responsibility. I dont' read German so used Google Translate which isn't very helpful and it seems that the link is nothing about responsibility.

They then say "If the package was insured you should be able to receive your money back from the delivery company."

erm, nope I don't think they will give me my money back when its not the postage company fault the address was wrong....

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
yeah i had an idiotfriendly ebaycase like this  :angry:  i wanted to say and do sooo much afterwards but in the end i choked it down cause i just hurt myself :(  in my case the buyer even HAD the ponystuff!!AND alls his money and shipping from ebay back... it was a hole playset with ponys for less then 4€!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
It might be worth giving Paypal a ring, if you were paid through them. They might have some weight with getting your money back with you as they seem a bit less stupid than Ebay, especially when tracking numbers are involved. I know I'd be sending Ebay back a very polite-but-read-between-the-lines email about how no post service would refund me for a wrong address because as far as they're concerned it's not their fault. I'm so sorry Ebay are being this unhelpful =/

Have you contacted the buyer to ask them what they're playing at when they admitted they were at fault and offered to pay for repeat shipping, yet have yanked their money back? =/

Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
That's terrible.  I really hope this works out  :hug:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I am sorry this happened to you Gaspode. I hate when you have to deal with an irresponsible buyer. It is up to them to make sure their address is up to date, not you.

She also should have waited till it returned back to you and then paid for it to be resent. I mean after all she has 45 days to open a case for something that was clearly her fault. I wouldn't have punished my seller for my mistake.

I hope your pony shows back up to you soon. And it is clearly up to you on what you want to do after that. I am not so sure that I wouldn't just relist it and move on from having another perhaps troublesome transaction with this person.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Please let us know how this goes!  How awful for you... :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
oh that is terrible : / what is ebay thinking really.
Actually I think the seller is worse cause that is so dishonest of her : / I think it would be good if you shared her id. I still cant get over the ethics of some people that get mentioned on this thread

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal