collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this Ebay seller the infamous Brooke Kutik?  (Read 9395 times)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Is this Ebay seller the infamous Brooke Kutik?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »
I've been part of the MLP community since the late 1990s. I had a website (inmytoybox.com and inmytoybox.net) for 8 years. I finally just got tired of selling, which is why it no longer exists. My site was pretty rinky-dink and I never made much money. LOL. I did more selling than trading, but I'm so lucky to have never run into her!

I Googled her name and found a Twitter account: *edit*
I'm assuming it's the correct Brooke Kutik because that's not a very common name, like "Michael Jones," or something.

*edit*
Her home address (in Wellington, FL) is listed.

* If my post is inappropriate, I apologize, and I'll totally understand if you edit or remove it. Please know that I don't intend to break any rules. :)
Edit: I shortened my post a bit. Thanks for removing the links, ponylady.

Please refrain from posting personal info about somebody, no matter who it may be! Thanks PonyLady
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:32:32 PM by tapdancer »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »
Oh goodness that is scary Tap.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »
Is it weird that her mugshot was EXACTLY how I pictured her?

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »
How sad that she hasn't matured in all these years. I wonder if any other scammers from 10+ years ago are still at it? I would hope they've moved on with their lives by now. Brooke will probably still be popping up in 2023...

Edit: I'm sorry, ponylady, for posting links. I won't do it again. I had put a link to her archived "Ponyland Police" page here and even though you didn't remove it, I decided to.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:35:12 PM by tapdancer »

Fransponies

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 04:21:30 PM »
That is scary. She reminds me of Casey Anthony.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
Please refrain from posting any personal information about said party. We are well aware of her past.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 12:56:26 AM »
If she lives in Wellington, I think it is very unlikely the person in Milton, Fl is her.  I know Florida geography can be a little weird, but Florida is actually a really big state.  Going from the South east to the Northwest of Florida would be like moving a state or two over.  So it's a pretty big move.  To put it simply, where I am in, Pensacola, Fl, which is about a 40 minute drive from Milton, is a TWELVE hour drive to Miami.  Consequently, a drive to Wisconsin is 16hrs. 

So, I'm going to say no.  Not unless someone has bought and is getting packages from SE Florida when they're buying from this person!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 06:44:52 AM »
If she lives in Wellington, I think it is very unlikely the person in Milton, Fl is her.  I know Florida geography can be a little weird, but Florida is actually a really big state.  Going from the South east to the Northwest of Florida would be like moving a state or two over.  So it's a pretty big move.  To put it simply, where I am in, Pensacola, Fl, which is about a 40 minute drive from Milton, is a TWELVE hour drive to Miami.  Consequently, a drive to Wisconsin is 16hrs. 

So, I'm going to say no.  Not unless someone has bought and is getting packages from SE Florida when they're buying from this person!

I am really confused as I am not sure how a matter of hours proves your point, because I have driven from Fort Meyers to Miami easily in a day.  How do the hours prove she isn't who we think she is?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:13:40 AM by tulagirl »

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »
Ft Meyers is not that far from Miami. 

Milton to Miami is nearly 700miles. 

It makes no sense to me that she would claim to be in Milton, and given that the account has good feedback, then she has a confirmed addressed in Milton, when she would really be living in Wellington, which is on the east coast.

That odd bidder with the ID Brookwhateverxxx is likely Brooke Kutik going by the zipcode. 

However the seller?  I'm going to say no.  It doesn't make sense.  Milton is some b(l)ackwater(that's actually what the area is called, Blackwater ) little town that most people in Florida, and anyone in the SE hasn't heard of.  Honestly, it'd be more likely she said she was in Pensacola, or Tallahassee, or some other town that people might have a chance of knowing, and herself for that matter.

Besides that, the seller has said had sold the last of collection on her last listings, or I would've least had the courtesy to ask 'where in Milton she was,' and ask if I could 'pick up,' and see where that led, rather than accusing of her of being someone she might not be all because of factory made kitchen counters.  :/ 

That's what started this.  Kitchen counters and Florida, but the geography doesn't match up.  It's not a couple of hours, it's a big drive away.  It's one that takes an entire day for me, and I'm good at long distance drives and do Pensacola to Chicago quite often.  In a day.  It's not that much further from here in Pensacola to there in Wellington than it is from here from Pensacola  to the midpoint of Illinois.  So, why claim she was in Milton, Fl, when she could throw off all the scenthounds and claim she was in Tennessee or something?

Now what about this, think about this, that seller got shafted for what she was last selling because of her kitchen counters.  Look at what were the last things she sold and look at the prices she got.  Okay, maybe she could still be Brooke Kutik, but if she isn't?  And no one could be bothered to ask anything, but only assumed because of an oddball bidder with a different screen name that did  match up to being Brooke's, whereas the seller ID doesn't?  That doesn't bode well for good karma to me. 

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
Ft Meyers is not that far from Miami. 

Milton to Miami is nearly 700miles. 

It makes no sense to me that she would claim to be in Milton, and given that the account has good feedback, then she has a confirmed addressed in Milton, when she would really be living in Wellington, which is on the east coast.

That odd bidder with the ID Brookwhateverxxx is likely Brooke Kutik going by the zipcode. 

However the seller?  I'm going to say no.  It doesn't make sense.  Milton is some b(l)ackwater(that's actually what the area is called, Blackwater ) little town that most people in Florida, and anyone in the SE hasn't heard of.  Honestly, it'd be more likely she said she was in Pensacola, or Tallahassee, or some other town that people might have a chance of knowing, and herself for that matter.

Besides that, the seller has said had sold the last of collection on her last listings, or I would've least had the courtesy to ask 'where in Milton she was,' and ask if I could 'pick up,' and see where that led, rather than accusing of her of being someone she might not be all because of factory made kitchen counters.  :/ 

That's what started this.  Kitchen counters and Florida, but the geography doesn't match up.  It's not a couple of hours, it's a big drive away.  It's one that takes an entire day for me, and I'm good at long distance drives and do Pensacola to Chicago quite often.  In a day.  It's not that much further from here in Pensacola to there in Wellington than it is from here from Pensacola  to the midpoint of Illinois.  So, why claim she was in Milton, Fl, when she could throw off all the scenthounds and claim she was in Tennessee or something?

Now what about this, think about this, that seller got shafted for what she was last selling because of her kitchen counters.  Look at what were the last things she sold and look at the prices she got.  Okay, maybe she could still be Brooke Kutik, but if she isn't?  And no one could be bothered to ask anything, but only assumed because of an oddball bidder with a different screen name that did  match up to being Brooke's, whereas the seller ID doesn't?  That doesn't bode well for good karma to me. 

I just want to point out that no one on this thread has accused this seller of being this scammer.  In fact quite the contrary.  People have gone out of their way to say they didn't know for sure.  Also for those that were concerned they were just trying to put puzzle pieces together.  I never read an accusation being made and no one has done anything to this seller that is unjust from what I can tell just by wondering about the issue.  Just saying.  There have been comments made about Brooke herself but those were justified to bring up. There really isn't anything wrong with being concerned because of the nature of her past.  As far as shafting the seller I am not sure where you are coming from on this.  Who shafted this seller?  My other question is why are you suggesting no one bothered to ask anything?  Wasn't that what this thread was started for?  To find out?  Or do you mean ask the seller herself?  Did you ask?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:03:09 PM by tulagirl »

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 12:33:55 PM »
I'm saying she got shafted on the prices of some of her ponies.  A lot of her real rare ones did not go at all for the prices they should have or normally would have.  She had an alt Birthflower go for under $200.  ( and no one did get back to us about what ponies she(Brooke) had stolen to match with what Ponyknott was selling )

I just found the dismissal of the geography of the situation odd to say the least, when we people were focusing on the kitchen countertops.  As I said, I think if she was going to suddenly change her tactics, she would've picked another state rather some podunk town in Florida to claim as her base of operations.  Especially a place I'm thinking it's highly unlikely she's even heard of.  I used to live in Milton, and when I would travel to Tampa or Jacksonville, I would tell people I lived in Pensacola ( I now do ) because they never had heard of Milton. 

I've honestly been busy with life, else I would've asked myself, but as it is, I don't even much have the time to get my own things listed.  Nor the internet, for that matter, so I had been off ebay in this last week and a half waiting for my phone net to turn over.  Truthfully, I should probably have taken a little more time to ask, all I would've needed was her saying yep, come see me, or I live near *insert Milton feature here* and that would've likely solved the whole mess, because I honestly do not believe someone living in Southeast Fl would ever willingly move to Milton, Fl.  :P  To put it simply, the town is kind of special. 

Concern is one thing, but I think several of the posts are implying it's her, especially most of the posts on the first page. 

Welp, I know not to take pictures of my ponies on my countertops.  Because that's almost exactly what my countertops look like, to be perfectly honest.  But yes, I am suggesting that no one bothered to ask and most of the thread just devolved into stuff about Brooke Kutik rather than anything at all about finding out whether the seller was or wasn't, we just assumed from the first page on.  I brought up Milton in the second page, was it?  And there was just basically a shrug of the shoulder and back to Brooke Kutik and information on her ( which is fine and dandy ) but nothing much or much not proving that Ponyknott is or isn't. 

Honestly, I find the geography more conclusive than I find the counter tops, but that's just me. 

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 02:34:20 PM »
Well, I'll say again that I don't know whether or not this seller is Brooke.  Nor am I familiar with Florida geography.  But one thing we do know is that Brooke is VERY sneaky and has made up lots of different identities and usernames in her ongoing efforts to rob collectors of their ponies, some of which were worth hundreds of dollars.  So we as a community have to be on the lookout.

And Alt BF's can still go up to $300, but it's more common for them to sell for around $200 nowadays (I've gotten two NM ones for about $180 each, so the price of $177 wasn't that bad.  The description said that one has stains under her feet, but didn't mention that the pony is fully rehaired.  Right?  I'm about 90% sure that hair is not original; it looks too long and limp to be original hair.  Here's the link to the completed auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-G1-alternate-birthflower-/290914054726?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item43bbd43246&nma=true&si=wxX89nlIDgsoFOhzA5TCUOyRZrc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

But maybe the seller really didn't know; lots of people can't tell the difference.  And it can be really hard to tell the difference.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:40:09 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
rehair for sure, so I don't really think the price was lower than it should be?(actually, for such an obvious rehair, that seems pretty high!)

only one of the auctions went for less than I'd expect, and that is the lot where the twins were misnamed( cherries jubilee with dibbles and nibbles), I would have expected that to go for $50+
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal