collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolly Mix purchase on eBay - advice required?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Dolly Mix purchase on eBay - advice required?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 03:35:43 AM »
I will be sending them back as I was refunded.  Miffed that she did not even bother to ship them until 34 days after I paid, and after I was refunded.  I would love to call her on that, but not worth it.  ARRRR!!!!!  OK, that's better.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
Sugar and Rybett, I'm happy to hear that your Dolly Mix finally made it.  :)  I'm still waiting for my mini ponies to show up. :nomail:  I'm feeling more optimistic now that I know that the ponies are showing up.  :)
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 07:35:28 AM »
Miffed that she did not even bother to ship them until 34 days after I paid, and after I was refunded. 

o.0 Why would she ship them out after she refunded you, if she just wanted you to return them?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
And that is the million dollar question.  Actually, if I had the million, I would happily withdraw the question.

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 04:08:27 PM »
OK, my bad!!!!!  I have not sent the parcel back as been working.  Today I picked it up and noticed that it felt like only one item in it.  Peeked inside, it's Baby Lemondrop!!!  The DM ponies have yet to show up.  Sorry for the false hope there.  Happy Baby has arrived.  Now to find Baby AJ.  :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »
The whole situation with the DMs is pretty strange, if you ask me.  I never did hear back from Lilacstilo...

... but because I'm intending to start listing items for sale soon - and I really, really don't want any negative feedback to detract from any potential buyers - I left positive feedback. :doh:  I'm really sorry, I wimped out - but if you look at what she's fired back at bidders who've left negative feedback, I'm sure you'll understand.  Still, I didn't leave my usual raves about shipping, communication, etc. though, I just stated, "Great ponies, thanks!"

Rybett, I'm glad you got Baby Lemondrop! ^.^  I'm actually kind of even gladder than if it had been the DMs, since you would've had to send them back and that would've stunk.

HorsingAround, have you heard anything more?  If you haven't, maybe do what I did and ping messages at her until maybe you do?  I'm still keeping hooves crossed that your DMs show before the 45 day thing.

And just in general, should this seller wind up on a "watch out if you deal with..." kind of list?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »

... but because I'm intending to start listing items for sale soon - and I really, really don't want any negative feedback to detract from any potential buyers - I left positive feedback. :doh: 

Why did you do that?  Sellers cannot leave negative FB for any reason.  If they leave nasty comments you simply petition Ebay to have them removed.  :(  Your only chance to warn others about her behavior is to leave negative FB. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »
Sugar, I actually got the 2 DM ponies I bought from this person in another auction.  So, all good there.  And Baby is sooo cute! 

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 07:00:12 AM »

... but because I'm intending to start listing items for sale soon - and I really, really don't want any negative feedback to detract from any potential buyers - I left positive feedback. :doh: 

Why did you do that?  Sellers cannot leave negative FB for any reason.  If they leave nasty comments you simply petition Ebay to have them removed.  :(  Your only chance to warn others about her behavior is to leave negative FB.

Mea culpa - I didn't know I could ask for any potential bad comments to be removed. :(

Also, I'm really, really bad with confrontations of any sort.  I'm working on this, but it's been a source of extreme anxiety for me for years.  Much as I wanted to, I just waffled out at the last minute. -_-

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 06:53:04 AM »
All of the Dolly Mix FINALLY arrived safe and sound! :biggrin:  She included an extra one to help make up for the mix up.  (hehehe, "mix up" that is like a bad pun.  :lmao:)
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 06:58:57 AM »
*hugs Sugar* Don't feel too bad, I totally understand about that sort of social anxiety. I have the same thing. In college I went into a store and a super pushy salesperson scared the heck out of me and I put an $80 outfit on layaway just because I was too scared to say no to her. o_0 It was seriously a scary situation! So you're not the only one who gets that way. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »
@ HorsingAround:  Yay!  I'm glad you got your Dolly Mixes! :hug:  Aren't they cute?  Which ones do you have?  I wish the Blind Bags were these. ^.^

@ Dragonflitter:  I know exactly how you feel about that salesperson; I've gotten to the point that I prefer to shop online for most stuff... except for groceries and Walmart (where the sales staff are so thin on the ground that you can hardly find them even if you need them) and thrifting ('cause they never approach me save for at my local shop, and then it's to bring me more ponies!). :shy:  Thanks also for letting me know I'm not alone, and thanks for the hugs, too. :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal