collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Inappropriate feedback: what to do?  (Read 2313 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Inappropriate feedback: what to do?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
Well,  hmmmm when it comes to feedback issues here on the arena it seems to me that it would be a very good idea to have a moderator mediate between the two of you to come up with some sort of solution.  It could possibly be that there were a couple of things that could have been handled differently on both sides that would have made your transaction run smoother. Its never fun to get a bad feedback back from a transaction in which you left feedback, but only a moderator could really decide based on the facts if it was a fair feedback on both of your parts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 08:31:30 AM »
As a buyer, wouldn't you want to know what you are buying? Ask questions.

To me, TLC is bait, so again, it's important to ask questions.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 09:04:55 AM »
Hokus please understand that I have to remain neutral until both sides of the story are looked at.  We do not just change feedback because someone feels they did not deserve it.   I know you reported it but you needed to contact a Mod to look into the situation. 

Offcourse i understand! I'm not saying you guys should 'choose' my side and take conclusions only based at one side of a story.
However, that being said, that doesn't change my opinion on how lame i think the sellers feedback to me is.

I will think about what i want to do with this. Thank you mods for the advice, but opinions on the TLC term, just differ and not me nor the seller seems willing to change their opinions. I find the seller responsilble for letting know, she thinks the buyer needs to ask. Hard to co-operate when you're that far apart!

I can't possibly think again to give this seller a better feedback to clear my own; after all; i find the feedback she left very immature. I'm not trying to upset her nor saying she's a bad person, but i'm a person who wants to tell truth. So my feedback for her will stay, ofcourse hers will also.
Well, if it has to be like this, so be it. I can only hope people who visit my profile see how silly this is  :huh:

That's just me and my honest opinion. Will stop the discussion before it gets too heated here, or being misunderstand in what i say.
Thanks all for your help and/or thoughts on this.

As a buyer, wouldn't you want to know what you are buying? Ask questions.

To me, TLC is bait, so again, it's important to ask questions.

If i see pictures with a TLC description, i think i would know what i buy. A pony with flaws yes, but not a major, irremovable flaw.
If TLC means bait then just say bait-_- And this is the last time i'm gonna get into it, i'm kinda done with it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:08:05 AM by hokuspokus »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
My question again is going to be when you initially received the pony and stated your concerns to your seller, Did she offer you a solution to the problem?

I am asking this because no matter how we all differ on what our definition of TLC is, the important part of a transaction is if your seller offered you a reasonable solution to the problem?  I don't think anyone is pointing fingers or saying who is right or wrong in this matter.  I am just trying to gather the facts and it went way out in left field.

Again I ask you to please contact me privately.  We can then review the situation, that is the only way at this point to clear it up.

Post Merge: October 20, 2012, 09:18:23 AM

I also at this point am dropping an official warning to keep this on topic.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:18:23 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 10:58:56 AM »
I would like to keep this on topic please.  I understand you are having your own issues RPB and if so then you need to start your own thread.  It causes much confusion for what the actual topic is, which is the OP concerns. Thank you  :)

Just wanted to say sorry. I didn't realize this was on the Arena. I thought it was on Ebay and it was on one of the international Ebays that still have negs/neutrals for buyers as well.

Whoops! Good luck guys!

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the feedback, Hokus.  Unfortunately, it is the risk you run when you leave feedback. 

As was stated here, it is a seller's responsibility to be accurate, but certain terms fall under the category of "gray matter" that are fully intended to invite a buyer to ask questions.   "TLC," is definitely one of them. 

At this point, I would definitely contact your seller and see if you can just wipe it on both sides.  It seems that maybe the two of you could have worked things out better - maybe it's not too late ;)

I wish the best of luck to you both!

Offline dippindot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
:/ Is there a rule against leaving retaliatory feeback?  If so, it seems like the seller is definitely in the wrong here.  hokus told the seller about the problem and instead of getting a resolution, got blown off and blamed by the seller.  And when hokus left a neutral feedback to reflect that, the seller responded with a neutral feedback that specifies that the reason for the neutral was because hokus 'is dissapointed'.  That's pretty much the definition of retaliatory feedback.  It doesn't accurately reflect hokus's attitude, payment, or anything.

Just my two cents here, but I would be upset to receive that kind of treatment from a seller, for sure.

CloudBurst Reference

Signature is rotating, PM for artist info! : )

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 05:41:14 AM »
I got the pony, thanks, i just was a bit disappointed she had quite some pindot on her feet. I still like to keep her, but i would kindly give you the suggestion to describe such issues when your selling, so buyers know what to expect. I haven't been informed about this.
thanks for letting me know, that you have received the pony. Sorry to hear, that you are dissapointed, but I have written, they need TLC. You haven't asked for special photos of faults of the pony...
But next time, I will desribe them better or perhaps you should asked for things like that :-)
Stating that a pony needs TLC isn't really accurate on what the issues are.
I could have asked, but since you're a collector too, i would expect to have been point on flaws right away. I wouldn't think i'd have to ask for that.
After this last pm, I haven't heard anything from her, so for me everything was okay. But she left neutral feedback, without talking to me again, without asking for a refund, without anything to do to solve the whole thing...

So why did I get a neutral feedback, when she hasn't asked for special photos/flaws?
Why should I offer a refund or anthing else when she didn't asked for? Why didn't she told me that she will leave neutral feedback, when she don't tell me that it is such a big problem for her???

As you can see, I have left feedback on 19th October...I have think a lot about this feedback. Sure, I didn't like my neutral feedback I have got from her. But as she said in the tread, I just want to share my (neutral) experience, because if things always stay quiet, nobody knows about it. :-)

So why it is okay, when she gave me neutral feedback(in her eyes its okay, for me it is unfair) to share her experience and why it is a shame, when I will do the same? Its not fair to say, the pony has pindot, you haven't told me, when you don't ask for things like that...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:12:17 AM by Buffy »

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »
Because you should mention such irremovable problems, that's why.

I can't believe how you ask why this is such a problem for me. I'm not a picky collector at all, but it's all about honesty to me and telling stuff up front. Sigh, i'm repeating myself again..

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 02:05:00 AM »
And in my eyes you should know that a TLC pony isn't mind and if you can't see flaws in a photo, you should ask for a better photo or describtion :-)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »
To me TLC means "not bait, but significant flaws".   Just my two cents.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
Well in all fairness to the seller here I have to agree with a couple of things she has mentioned. First TLC is meant to mean they are not in good shape.  I know Ponylady...thats not the issue, but the seller is here mentioning this and I think it does need to be mentioned.  If a seller has a tlc pony its a good idea to ask your questions such as: I am looking for a tlc pony that doesn't have pin dot, or cancer. Does this pony have either?  This is how all my sales go on the Arena. I don't expect the seller to do everything. I am a buyer and its up to me to make sure a pony doesn't have what I don't want because all of us see damage and flaws differently.  Its not fair to suggest that just because all she said was TLC that she is totally in the wrong. I think both of you needed to communicate with either other more with this sale. I also agree that leaving a neutral comment without communication (if that is for sure what happened) well...thats not really fair to your seller either.  On the flip side of that. In all fairness to the buyer perhaps all of us need to explain with our sales what our grades mean to us.  And also state, Please ask questions about specific details you don't want before agreeing to purchase.  This kind of communication is fair. 

Could both of you agree to change your feedback with each other and come to some sort of agreement? Really thats the best senerio here.  The buyer in this case needs to ask more questions for sure...and the seller in this case could at least post her grading scale and its definitions so all buyers will know her meaning of TLC.
I think both of you had a part and this is easily fixed....if you can see either other in a friendly way without being sure the other was out to scam you with the worst transaction ever....hugs

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 09:50:08 PM »
I am locking this up as it's going round and round at this point.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal