collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help? Ebay + unclaimed payment question  (Read 404 times)

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Help? Ebay + unclaimed payment question
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:24:08 PM »
I bought a pony recently (last night, so the 13th), and paid right after winning it, but ebay told me it was still processing the payment after I completed the checkout. I found that to be strange and checked my paypal account, and it said the seller's paypal was unregistered and my payment to them was unclaimed. I messaged them about it, and they replied pretty quickly saying that their paypal address was different than the one ebay had routed my payment to. I messaged them back asking if they could check their ebay settings to make sure ebay had the correct paypal address, but they haven't responded again.

Earlier tonight I sent them another message essentially repeating that they should check their ebay settings and make sure their paypal address is correct so that my payment can be sent through, but didn't get a reply. I realize it's been only been a little over a day since my last contact from them, but I wanted to ask- can they open a NPB case against me when my payment is still in processing? With all the crazies out on ebay lately I want to make sure I protect myself (though it's entirely possible my seller is completely rational and just busy, I just don't want to take chances).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:27:00 PM by Glacia471 »

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Help? Ebay + unclaimed payment question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:32:56 AM »
As long as you sent funds to the PayPal account eBay has on file, I don't think so. Even if they could open a case, PayPal would show that you sent to the account eBay has... the onus is on the seller to have their PayPal details correct after all

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 05:19:21 AM »
I am pretty sure your seller must add the correct email to his PayPal account.  And I think after he has done that you are going to have to cancel your original payment and resubmit when he gets it straightened out.  I am not positive as I am going off memory from a transaction I had like this. So I could be wrong.

As far as opening a case, yes he probably could.  Afterall this is ebay we are talking about  >_<.  But I doubt he will as it is his mistake.

Is he a new seller?

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 06:05:21 AM »
I still haven't gotten a reply from the seller... but they're not all that new to ebay (100ish feedback) however all but 4 of it is from buying, and the last selling feedback is from a few months back. :huh:

ETA: Update~ My payment finished processing, oddly enough, though the seller still hasn't replied to me so I'm not sure what's up with that :what: Does anyone know if someone fixes/updates their paypal while a payment is still processing, does it get through? I'm curious, but mostly relieved my payment seems to have gone through :good:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:13:20 AM by Glacia471 »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 05:52:52 PM »
wow that sounds like a headache!  :yikes:  I'm really glad that everything worked out ok with the payment finally going through :hug: I didnt think that it could go through while they are fixing/updating their paypal , but it looks like it did in your case.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal