collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SCAMMER ALERT !!! nasty ebay transaction  (Read 3992 times)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
SCAMMER ALERT !!! nasty ebay transaction
« on: September 08, 2012, 04:15:26 AM »
OK =

so who is sam0069 ?? Anyone here... they better not be.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130747669643

I happened to have "won" an auction on the 11th for this item  when lo and behold I stumble on this lovely positive comment to the seller

I originally posted over in the nirvana forum as that is what this former put-together princess is considered... and the saddest thing is that I paid more for an item that was obviously sold twice.

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,307938.0.html

I am now reporting to ebay = if there is anyway to find out if the buyer is an arena member = and if there was any knowledge about what the heck went down as the seller was obviously having PM/ side chats as that is why it was supposedly listed "separate" in my auction

will keep everyone posted.... this S-U-C-K-S!

just got my ping for the email I sent ebay = will see how it goes from here = if nothing else, this is gonna be interesting

from my home email - paste

Please note that this is a system generated email; please do not reply to this email because it won't reach us. You can contact the Customer support using the help section from the navbar.
This is for an auction that has ended right after mine = for the same item = seller is a confirmed scammer My auction ended on 8-11-2012. The seller than sold the item again looks like a BIN (?) as there is only one bid 130747669643 is the item number sold to an ebayer sam0069 = theyve both now LEFT POSITIVE FEEDBACK so looks like I won the item, then the buyer and seller set up a second sale and the second buyer gets the actual item. I got mailed a baby sun hat, so am now in the process of returning per ebay policy. here is a copy from the resolution page Item number:140815326853 Price:GBP 180.00 Sale date:Aug 11, 2012 PayPal transaction Id:2HH172666J3721839 Case ID:5018906486 Case opened on:Aug 30, 2012 Seller:heavenlee-fashion Problem:Item not as described This seller SHOULD BE BANNED for this scam.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:55:40 PM by maycrestmom »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: IF you are this buyer.... I want to know = nasty ebay transaction
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 05:44:14 AM »
This seller is criminal  :blink:
I checked the bids on the auction you won and clearly this Sam is right under you with several bids.
I'm really speechless. Well it's horrible that they had a private agreement after the seller sold it to you but holy cow they got your money too and put up a BIN on ebay (brainless, they think that ebay cannot see it's the same item?!)?!?!? And then sent a poopy item to make this seems a mistake?
This seller deserves really a prize for dishonesty and stupidity  :blink:
I am so sorry for you, I hope that ebay/paypal give you all the support and at least you get back your money  :(

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 06:31:13 AM »
yeah that's just it = that's what's so concerning to me and why I want to know...

it's just as possible that the seller was playing us both and telling the sam0069 person that she would be a back-up "if I didn't pay" and it's plausible that since the BIN came down on the 14th that the seller did just that and made it look like a second chance offer which - understandably -  if I were given a chance I would have gladly bought on that rationale.

I mean, come on = he sold it for less the second time - the exact last amount that sam0069 had bid under me

so IF the buyer is an arena member = I would really like to know more of the puzzle pieces and I really hope that more of this story comes to light so folks here can trust - or not - as needed

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:50:29 AM »
That is so wrong. Dishonesty never wins. I hope eBay refunds your money, and bans that person.

Wow, I am surprised at her feedback rating and it says she is a trading assistant contact member...that is surprising.

Looks like she mainly sells clothes with the tags on. She has a total of 9 negatives for non-received items with no contact received from her in the past year...

That sucks hun. Good luck.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 07:01:53 AM »
I don't know him/her. I'm so sorry for such unfair things :(

I'm not sure i understand the whole situation. The seller's name is not Sam. So it's another buyer(?) How do you know the name, ebay doesn't show bidders full name right?
Is this buyer even aware of the whole situation?

Hope ebay will help ya out! :hug:

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 07:08:26 AM »
ebay pretty much always sides with the buyer so no worries:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 07:08:50 AM »

I'm not sure i understand the whole situation. The seller's name is not Sam. So it's another buyer(?) How do you know the name, ebay doesn't show bidders full name right?

The other person who got the bin, their screen name was sam0069.
Maycrest saw under the bids link on the auction she won that sam0069 bid a few times on that auction, but she won it. But then the seller listed the pony as a bin after she won the auction and sam0069 bought it. So Maycrest was shipped the wrong item to make it appear to be a listing goof when in fact the seller was being dishonest in reselling the item.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 07:14:15 AM »

The other person who got the bin, their screen name was sam0069.
Maycrest saw under the bids link on the auction she won that sam0069 bid a few times on that auction, but she won it. But then the seller listed the pony as a bin after she won the auction and sam0069 bought it. So Maycrest was shipped the wrong item to make it appear to be a listing goof when in fact the seller was being dishonest in reselling the item.

Ah, thank you for clarifying! This is a really nasty case... it stinks of scam. So it looks like Sam emailed this seller that (maybe?) she wanted to offer more then Maycrest(?)
In the other topic i read that the seller never responds to Maycrest, so i'm sure it's indeed scam, not just a honest mistake. I'm very sorry these dishonest people excist.

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 07:15:57 AM »
oh heya - sorry if I wasn't clear

I have a problem with an ebay seller =  heavenlee-fashions.  The seller doesn't usually sell MLP = they sell clothes. 

The story on the auction was that it was a sale of childhood ponies = someone was kind enough to point out that the UK glowing green hair princess is rare (which it is) and so they put it into a separate auction.

Which I thought was legit - and I won - on august 11

but on august 14 - the seller sold the pony again but this time as a BIN

and I find that the buyer of that second sale = sam0069 (you are right, don't know the real name/if has arena membership) = was the bidder under me.  And it looks like this buyer received the princess pony as heavenlee fashions and sam0069 have now each sent positive feedback to each other for that second sale that was conducted three days after my auction

So was it made to look like I was a non-paying bidder and this was a second chance?  Is there more to this sordid tale?

I am glad that the poor toy wasn't just lost in the mail and tossed, but it sucks that the seller scammed me = so yah, I am pushing for banishment and have already left scammer / negative feedback.

I just want to know  = silence is the worst for me and I would rather have bad news and know how to deal with it than just not know and then I imagine much worse - does that make sense?   

ok - bad things happen ... deal with it  and move on.  But I am still in the figuring out = what the heck??!? and I want folks here to avoid a scammer like the plague = enough other crud in the world to deal with right now, don't need people scammed outta pony joy

hope my re-telling was a bit clearer

GoldenLambPony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 07:55:38 AM »
Oh no! I am so sorry you got scammed out of your pony. Perhaps it was because it says it posts to United Kingdom, and this sam person was from the United Kingdom and you are from the United States? Maybe they were afraid to send an expensive item overseas so they sent you a dud? Still, they should contact you, not scam you.  :(

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:21 AM »
yah - totally understand if that was the case and I had not already been in contact to verify that they were OK with shipping to US

honestly, I would've been fine to have been blocked as a US buyer =  their pony/ their choice = but just don't take my 190 GBP first and send me a bum item in its stead and then not answer my email questions and then without comment just ask for resolution to escalate and demand I send the bum item back... yah the scam is what sucks

and why no one should ever buy from heaven-lee fashions - for 3 GBP even

just my two bob, quid or whatever equivalent to cents

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 08:10:51 AM »
Thanks for letting us know about both the "buyer" and the seller in this instance.  :(  I am sorry to hear this has happened to you...  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 09:42:58 AM »
yeah I'd call up ebay and show them proof that she not only resold the same item to someone else... but that almost all her negative feedback has something to do with her not responding to her buyers and not shipping their items.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 09:53:02 AM »
just my two bob, quid or whatever equivalent to cents
"Two-penn'orth."

Sorry you were scammed :(

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
Yikes. So she sold you the that princess pony for 175 and then sold it again for more to a second buyer?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal